:tip: DIY Worm Farm For Under £20!

Got my worms at the bait shop euro wigglers.Going to start using tea in my grows.I find that keeping them warm about70 degrees works best.also allows me to reuse soil.

Just wondering. If you recycle your old soil, what happens to the perlite?

Just wondering. If you recycle your old soil, what happens to the perlite?

The perlite just stays in the bedding. even "done" castings are still loaded with undigested materials. I've yet to see clumps, or problems because of it.

Hey guys I just thought I would let you know I harvested some castings yesterday. I only bought a small bag of worms initially but they are thriving and reproducing at an astonishing rate.

I had been seeing worms trying to escape the farm over the past few weeks, not a lot but was getting progressively more so I knew it was time to harvest. I got around 60ltrs of castings!

Here's how the farm looks after harvest, added some sand, newspaper, a few bit of food scraps and leaf compost.
IMG_0435.jpg

D.

great! worm castings are an awesome component for organic growing! i just harvested also. i have many many worms now. recently started three new bins so that they can eat my rootballs, which works very well. probably got 80 gallons of soil/rootballs.i stack them behind my shed near my greenhouse.

Hey guys I just thought I would let you know I harvested some castings yesterday. I only bought a small bag of worms initially but they are thriving and reproducing at an astonishing rate.

I had been seeing worms trying to escape the farm over the past few weeks, not a lot but was getting progressively more so I knew it was time to harvest. I got around 60ltrs of castings!

Here's how the farm looks after harvest, added some sand, newspaper, a few bit of food scraps and leaf compost.View attachment 485140

D.

great! worm castings are an awesome component for organic growing! i just harvested also. i have many many worms now. recently started three new bins so that they can eat my rootballs, which works very well. probably got 80 gallons of soil/rootballs.i stack them behind my shed near my greenhouse.

I wish I had room for more they really are worth their weight in gold! I saw a vid on youtube where a guy was making a basic tea with his castings, no bubbling just let the castings sit in rainwater for a few days. I tried it on my tomatoes and they loved it.

good info! i'll try making some, i love anything simple!

:pass:

I wish I had room for more they really are worth their weight in gold! I saw a vid on youtube where a guy was making a basic tea with his castings, no bubbling just let the castings sit in rainwater for a few days. I tried it on my tomatoes and they loved it.

yes I love seeing all the various life that pops up in a bin! I've got about 150 gallons of recycled soil being turned into worm castings!

Back