Tired of dechlorinating your tap water ?

never understood this - I use tap water for veggie garden and all other plants growing on property , have owned a farm growing vegetables/tobacco and fruit again watering with 100 % tap water and grew some amazing crops using 100% organic nutrients and tap water and soil- my grow rooms now are 100% rain water only because I have rain water tanks on property otherwise tap water it would be

I understand the hype and so forth but some seem to think its gospel

I understand your point, since I also grow lots of vegetables in containers or straight to soil using only tap water. However I do see a reduction in plant productivity when chlorine is present in tap water - tap water is not constantly chlorinated, it is visible when it does, at least this is the case here in Athens where they add chlorine after maintenance works or once per week on a regular basis. Personally if it is an outdoor grow straight on soil I wouldn't care for this. For indoor cannabis though we all seek maximum results so I would only use dechlorinated water. But I know very well that plants can grow relatively trouble-free even by using tap water just as it is

I think sometimes we forget that it's just a small amount that they put into the water it's not like they dumped huge amounts of chlorine into it it's not a swimming pool its drinking water so how much can they really put in

Just some food for thought:

As the clerk of my town, I worked with our water operator within my local municipality. For starters water quality is GROSSLY all over the map wherever you go. We have extremely heavy manganese in our water supply, it's naturally in our water source and pumps out as we pump. Our average PPM's in our tap water from the faucet's about 800+. That's INSANELY HIGH for drinking water. There are times the concentration is so thick, it looks like literal COFFEE coming out of the faucet. We purposely have to flush fire hydrants all through the town just to try to drain the lines of the buildup, because the town is too broke to afford proper filtration before it hits our distribution lines. Drive about 10 minutes over to the next town, no manganese. Instead, they have heavy concentrations of uranium in their water (this is Colorado folks, those "tap the Rockies" commercials are BULLSHIT lol!)

The ONLY thing we treat our water with before it goes to the tap is chlorine, and it's 100% dependent on the person checking it every single day to make sure the levels are correct both at the pump house (in our case, 2 miles of pipe between us and the pump house,) making sure the injector is working properly, making sure the concentration is correct at the tank itself (chlorine dies very rapidly as it travels!) not to mention taking samples throughout the month from various residence and businesses to check concentration at the actual tap.

In 6 months, I've seen the town's water supply get distributed with NO CHLORINE in it period. Unfiltered, untreated water being sent to the tap to feed to babies, animals, elderly, and anything in between.

In that same 6 months, I've seen the town's water supply get distributed with DOUBLE THE LEGAL LIMIT of chlorine concentration, and the solution was "well, it'll die off anyway eventually."

I've found out it's RIDICULOUSLY easy to cook the books on reports too; the operator was telling me "yeah I can pretty much put down any passing number that I want and as long as it's not too far fetched, no one EVER checks." Pretty terrifying, the accountability with water supplies seems to only factor in AFTER someone gets sick.

So your water quality is quite likely going to bounce around a bit. This is a small town and a small water system; but the quality doesn't necessarily go up just because you scale up in size either.

This is riiiiiight before it hits your tap/faucet.

Murica!

20191007_174319.jpg

never understood this - I use tap water for veggie garden and all other plants growing on property , have owned a farm growing vegetables/tobacco and fruit again watering with 100 % tap water and grew some amazing crops using 100% organic nutrients and tap water and soil- my grow rooms now are 100% rain water only because I have rain water tanks on property otherwise tap water it would be

I understand the hype and so forth but some seem to think its gospel

Same here I grown some wonderful and stunning outdoor plants using water straight from the hose - sometimes summers are very dry ..... I did get a test report from my local water district and everything passed but who the flip knows if they are honest tests but to be safe I let tap water sit and when I have the opportunity I collect rain water for any important grows just to be “safe”

indeed ... but adding O3/ozone is a better more useful way of doing the same thing.

ns
I used to use Ozone generators when smell was an issue during prohibition - I won't run Ozone through my brewer in my Organic Tea reservoir - also - I won't run it through pH'd water - tends to run up to 8's and 9's after a while. I use a magnetizer now

This is riiiiiight before it hits your tap/faucet.

Murica!

View attachment 1149260
that is caused buy the the water sitting in line for extented period of time, that is why they flush them off every so often to remove to stag water. I believe they call it "dead heading" or i'm in time warp and i'm a dead head follwoing the band around.

Back