Tired of dechlorinating your tap water ?

some fair points and in all fairness to microbe companies it's not their battle to fight, they produce overwhelmingly beneficial products so why would they weigh in?

Slightly off topic but involves water,
So I read carbonated water is good for weed. I know you can't pour club soda on it with out some gin :crying:but as anyone tried water from a sodastream device yet? More just a curiosity question.

Slightly off topic but involves water,
So I read carbonated water is good for weed. I know you can't pour club soda on it with out some gin :crying:but as anyone tried water from a sodastream device yet? More just a curiosity question.

There was a Canadian company that was trying to patent "CO2 injected water" for growing applications. Their thought was "if we increase the CO2 in the water source, it gets absorbed by the plants easier versus using CO2 gas."

No clue if they are even still around though lol...

There was a Canadian company that was trying to patent "CO2 injected water" for growing applications. Their thought was "if we increase the CO2 in the water source, it gets absorbed by the plants easier versus using CO2 gas."

No clue if they are even still around though lol...

is far easier using alka-seltzer tablets as long as you remember to spray the salts off every 3 or 4 days if using continually

Seachem Prime removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia. $10 bottle lasts a while. Used in Hydro setups, soil, and aquariums for many years.

a544fa60-c057-48f0-87f6-4131b6d51195._CR8,0,335,446_PT0_SX300__.png

I notice that when I don't use it I get issues. Not sure if it is due to a sudden change in the plants routine that it didn't like or as others are saying, it doesn't really matter and therefore I misdiagnosed the issue I was having. I've abused many with 8+ PH, too hot, whatever and it seems as long as I abused it from seed it could push through well enough. When I abuse a month or so into the grow, disaster!

I'm rather skeptical of the claims of the initial post on here. I would like to know if they checked with their municipal water source first to see if they use chlorine or chloramine. Many municipalities have switched over to chloramine as it takes less to treat a source of water than chlorine. This is due in part to the fact it does not dissipate from water that is left exposed.

For example, when I lived in Portland I was not getting very good results from my organic soil I was watering with tap water. I got confused because I was leaving the water to bubble with an air stone in five gals for 48+hours. It turns out Portland uses chloramine to treat the water. Once I found that out I started using chlorine/amine removal tabs and my results got much better.

This only applies to potting soil as the microbe base in garden soil is not affected. Controlled environment vs. outdoor soil.

chucking some organic matter will bind up those chloramines if you are worried about em.

I don't worry about it, I bubble my water for the chlorine for a min of 12 h before i use it, but that's it. a small hassle, but i don't mind. worth the effort imo.

If I am brewing a compost tea however, I will put some humic acid in the water 6 h before i brew in advance to accomplish the same thing. (I do care when I am trying to breed microorgaanisms!)

Back