Tired of dechlorinating your tap water ?

that is caused buy the the water sitting in line for extented period of time, that is why they flush them off every so often to remove to stag water. I believe they call it "dead heading" or i'm in time warp and i'm a dead head follwoing the band around.

This is slightly different than that; I know exactly what you're talking about though. A buddy of mine is a volunteer firefighter and he says that a lot of the times they open a hydrant, they seem a similar flow come out for about a minute, but our flow can take over 15+ minutes before it even starts to run clear. We literally flush (it's augmented and reported to the state so we don't get dinged for it) probably 150,000+ gallons every month. It's not just water settling, it's the concentration of manganese (heavy metals) in such high amounts.

I bubble my water for indoors but outdoors I go straight tap water and a pile of cow shite(cow pop made into fert. by farmer) , they grow above my 6foot security fence if i don`t tie them down.

that is caused buy the the water sitting in line for extented period of time, that is why they flush them off every so often to remove to stag water. I believe they call it "dead heading" or i'm in time warp and i'm a dead head follwoing the band around.

I used to use Ozone generators when smell was an issue during prohibition - I won't run Ozone through my brewer in my Organic Tea reservoir - also - I won't run it through pH'd water - tends to run up to 8's and 9's after a while. I use a magnetizer now
That would kind of defeat the purpose of having bio in your system I would have thought?
It will absolutely drive up your ph .. its how they make alkaline water for the masses.

Whats the EC, pH and Municipal Analysis of your water?
like 350ish Ec with a ph of 7 .. ts pretty good .. I can run it straight into the dwc nowdays

Impello Biosci., manufacturer of the Tribus line of bacterial/Bacillus supplments, says "It's fine to use tap water when mixing up nutrients and Tribus." See https://www.impellobio.com/blog/tribustap. They do not comment here regarding fungi in media/soil.

The company notes:
"Fortunately, the chlorine in tap water becomes less of an issue by the time it’s made its way into the rhizosphere. Chemical and biological reactions are constantly occurring, and in fact, recent research shows the rhizosphere has naturally elevated levels of chlorination compared to the surrounding bulk soils (4). It's also important to remember that plants uptake chlorine too: the minimum requirement for growth is 0.2-0.4 mg/g (dry mass), which helps support photosynthesis and gas exchange in the plant (5).....So, for the vast majority of growers using Tribus, there's not much to worry about when it comes to using tap water."

Encouraged by this and being a lazy grower, I'm now just using fresh tap water to mix MegaCrop-based nutes.

I use ascorbic acid (pure vitamin C) just 0.5 grams cleans 40 litres of water of Chlorine and Chlorimines - well that's what I've researched anyway but I am no scientist!

I bought a KG bag for £8 - it fully dissolves into water straight away and then I leave it for 20 minutes for the chemical reaction to work before adding my nutes

Last edited:
Impello Biosci., manufacturer of the Tribus line of bacterial/Bacillus supplments, says "It's fine to use tap water when mixing up nutrients and Tribus." See https://www.impellobio.com/blog/tribustap. They do not comment here regarding fungi in media/soil.

The company notes:
"Fortunately, the chlorine in tap water becomes less of an issue by the time it’s made its way into the rhizosphere. Chemical and biological reactions are constantly occurring, and in fact, recent research shows the rhizosphere has naturally elevated levels of chlorination compared to the surrounding bulk soils (4). It's also important to remember that plants uptake chlorine too: the minimum requirement for growth is 0.2-0.4 mg/g (dry mass), which helps support photosynthesis and gas exchange in the plant (5).....So, for the vast majority of growers using Tribus, there's not much to worry about when it comes to using tap water."

Encouraged by this and being a lazy grower, I'm now just using fresh tap water to mix MegaCrop-based nutes.
Same. Though i do age it for a day. Old habits and i have the space to have some water on stand by for a day or 2.

The company notes:

same ole talking points industry has always fed the public. I live downstream from many many chemical plants and all that is old hat pr. Naturally occurring in nature and that plants uptake chlorine is logical enough but why add more and why not offer further evidence? I The same logic is being applied to a ton of elements you wouldn't want to be anywhere near. idk if bubbling my water does anything but let's not get crazy with having industry offer info without evidence and repeating it like gospel. it's merely banking on the popularity of the product in this case. Less of an issue isn't saying it's a non-issue

I think the attention it adds to caring for the plant produces positives. Ever have a cook just slap something together? it shows, vs a cook who prepares their meal with love and affection. no comparison and it always shows. even if it's just positive intention, somehow I think it just makes for a better flower

same ole talking points industry has always fed the public. I live downstream from many many chemical plants and all that is old hat pr. Naturally occurring in nature and that plants uptake chlorine is logical enough but why add more and why not offer further evidence? I The same logic is being applied to a ton of elements you wouldn't want to be anywhere near. idk if bubbling my water does anything but let's not get crazy with having industry offer info without evidence and repeating it like gospel. it's merely banking on the popularity of the product in this case. Less of an issue isn't saying it's a non-issue
Interesting how you somehow relate this beneficial microbe seller saying its OK to use chlorinated tap water with their involvement or support of some type of industry coordination (or conspiracy) to make people more accepting of environmental polllution. Actually, I think it's the other way around, and this company is taking a stance contrary to most in the grow nutrient industry, likely being honest, in stating that in their view (presumably experts), it's OK to use chlorinated tap water with their (and presumably other comparable) microbial supplements. If anything, this and similar companies would sell more my by making everyone fearful of using tap water, citing that even de-chlorinated tap water still has many of the less volatile (likely to evaporate) toxic chlorinated reaction by-products that are the real toxicity issue and remain even after the added chlorine dissipates/vaporizes.

In terms of this company "not offer[ing further evidence," the linked Web page is definitely on the high-end of what our nutrient industry ever provides. And I don't think simply quoting something is "repeating it like gospel."

Yes, of course many industries that pollute do media manipulation to promote that their pollution as less or not harmful - that's just the way things are. But it actually looks to be in beneficial microbe-sellers' vested interests to maximally reject use of chlorinated tap water -- to sell more microbial replacements/supplements to replace and balance media/soil microbial ecology damaged/polluted by chlorine and residual reaction by-products in tap water.

Last edited:
Back