TLO/Super Soil recipes

M new to this forum and to using organic soil. I bought Nature’s Living Soil on Amazon and used it with Oregon’s Only/Nectar of the Gods [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] Soil, with a little chunky perlite mixed in. I put this in my Autopots. I have filled the reservoir with rain water I collected along with a giant tea bag of llama poop (called Llama Brew) throughput this grow. I have had absolutely no issues - no deficiencies or burns or anything. And my little 4x4 tent is wall-to-wall plants. I love this method of growing!

I’m learning more by reading this forum. I’d like to make my own super soil since it’s expensive to buy, but all the recipes are for larger amounts. I’ll have to try to reduce the recipes. Or does anyone have a recipe for a smaller amount. I’m only growing 4 plants.

Should I reuse the soil I’m using now on my next grow? I’m going to mix in all the leftover llama poop. (It’s round pellets like rabbit poop and keeps its shape even after having been in the reservoir for a week.). Also, if I do an equal mix of coir, chunky perlite and organic soil and also use super soil in the bottom, would this work well?

Thanks.

Soil test maybe in order .... Savvy Soil test is different from other soil tests .... I’m learning about it myself

Amazon product

M new to this forum and to using organic soil. I bought Nature’s Living Soil on Amazon and used it with Oregon’s Only/Nectar of the Gods [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] Soil, with a little chunky perlite mixed in. I put this in my Autopots. I have filled the reservoir with rain water I collected along with a giant tea bag of llama poop (called Llama Brew) throughput this grow. I have had absolutely no issues - no deficiencies or burns or anything. And my little 4x4 tent is wall-to-wall plants. I love this method of growing!

I’m learning more by reading this forum. I’d like to make my own super soil since it’s expensive to buy, but all the recipes are for larger amounts. I’ll have to try to reduce the recipes. Or does anyone have a recipe for a smaller amount. I’m only growing 4 plants.

Should I reuse the soil I’m using now on my next grow? I’m going to mix in all the leftover llama poop. (It’s round pellets like rabbit poop and keeps its shape even after having been in the reservoir for a week.). Also, if I do an equal mix of coir, chunky perlite and organic soil and also use super soil in the bottom, would this work well?

Thanks.

Been organic guy for years with outdoor vegetables..... indoors a spider plant or two but no grows, except in 84 when I nailed a grow with 400 watt HPS but otherwise no grows, just to give you some history ....

So now retired and out of public eye / job I’m starting to grow and fist was what to grow, I picked autos and this forum AFN, about same time as you, little before I think ....

Learned a lot here and more importantly found resources here that I didn’t know about and from this I learned even more, especially from the podcasts at KIS .... Listened to rhe podcasts and some more than once .... have you checked out KIS Organics and the podcasts?

Attachments

• 15134F0A-8130-41D5-B815-A0CF806A5D28.jpeg
    15134F0A-8130-41D5-B815-A0CF806A5D28.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 291
  • A4CD9576-1A0B-4FA4-A82C-FFF7E386A120.jpeg
    A4CD9576-1A0B-4FA4-A82C-FFF7E386A120.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 823DC7FC-B491-4F58-A553-89A7C537DCAC.jpeg
    823DC7FC-B491-4F58-A553-89A7C537DCAC.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Been organic guy for years with outdoor vegetables..... indoors a spider plant or two but no grows, except in 84 when I nailed a grow with 400 watt HPS but otherwise no grows, just to give you some history ....

So now retired and out of public eye / job I’m starting to grow and fist was what to grow, I picked autos and this forum AFN, about same time as you, little before I think ....

Learned a lot here and more importantly found resources here that I didn’t know about and from this I learned even more, especially from the podcasts at KIS .... Listened to rhe podcasts and some more than once .... have you checked out KIS Organics and the podcasts?
No I haven’t. I’ll have to check that out! I’ve been looking for new podcasts to listen to.

I've come to think soil testing is a very good investment...and I'm on a real low budget :toke: I built my soil from scratch and for a couple years my results were pretty poor. I sent in a sample for testing and could see right away how it was out of whack. so now I do it after my growing season and after any major amending. @ 25$. I've heard good things about the test @MrOldBoy mentioned but haven't tried it. I used 'simply soil testing' and 'logan labs' both worked good:pass:

Their products are like the podcasts, great! Using their soil ammendment this grow.

No I haven’t. I’ll have to check that out! I’ve been looking for new podcasts to listen to.

Their products are like the podcasts, great! Using their soil ammendment this grow.

Just got started indoors and went with FFOF and bottled stuff and goofed it up, ina lot of,ways, lights too close, symptoms diagnosed wrong, too much water too little, not right fertilizer or too much ... List goes on and that adventure started with some Black Friday Seeds, my first grow and it wasn’t going well ....

Then come the podcasts and I started putting things together and decided to enter into Mephisto Grow Battle so after much thought and prep on January 20th I dropped four precious Mephisto Seeds into water with one being unreleased Sam’s Crack and boy oh boy I may have a record auto harvest from this girl .... All four girls are in the Battle but Sam’s Crack will be The entry once March1st hits and we Pic our Filly

I’m using a mix of KIS and BuilldaSoil Products and my own compost and worms .... raising worms with horse pop, leaves and stuff like Karanja, neem, kelp, barley, etc and they are loving it ... occasional food and garden waste too.

Pic top right next to hat is Sam’s Crack 29 days old ...... All four are under 30 days ..... The harvest should be the best in my life, and it’s easy to do, just feed the worms, along with a few other things!

9FC16428-5263-48FE-A42C-92E64F8C9DEF.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been using KIS organics for years now and if you can get em,I highly recommend them.Makes this whole grow and soil thing way easier.I used to build my soils too but with MS I gotta have top shelf quality.ill accept nothing less than bud good enough to turn peoples heads usually.lol and KIS is my mainstay for the past several years.they also sell square yeard packs.I wanna get one in spring and make that bad boy up LOL good luck man

@Eyes on Fire .... I’m going to try remend as well, was thinking about leaving old plant root inside pot and leave for new plant .... they say by doing the root highway is alreadry exists and in watching worms eat old potting soil in he bin I can imagine a nice structure of tunnels lined with castings!

There are few schools of thought that I have seen and experienced.I wouldideally see you eat some of the larger roots prior unless it fully dried for like a month.I tend to find leaving roots in the pots and/or soil isnt too hard IMO.but also prior to planting on tjhe same pot I wuld hit them after drying out with an enzyme tea or simple powdered enzyme treatment to start the process.should not have too many issues.Worked for me several times personally but.hard to say.Happy Harvesting brotatochip :)

Back