TLO/Super Soil recipes

Been a while since I have been around but I have been growing the whole time and wanted to let whomever it was that asked about recycling soil.. My current soil is roughly 4yrs old, grown dozens and dozens of plants and all I do is reamend after each grow and let that bin cook while I use an already cooked bin of soil for the next grow, and so on.. I have 4 large totes that I write the dates on and sometimes I will write how much KIS or meals I added to see if it changes and right before planting, I add either some more perlite or coco fiber for aeration..

Also, found a new microbe product that I am running side by side with Recharge to see if there is a difference in terpenes and frost.. It's called "Soil Balance".. A little goes a LOOOOONG way.. 1/16th of a tsp per gallon or .1-.5g..

Been a while since I have been around but I have been growing the whole time and wanted to let whomever it was that asked about recycling soil.. My current soil is roughly 4yrs old, grown dozens and dozens of plants and all I do is reamend after each grow and let that bin cook while I use an already cooked bin of soil for the next grow, and so on.. I have 4 large totes that I write the dates on and sometimes I will write how much KIS or meals I added to see if it changes and right before planting, I add either some more perlite or coco fiber for aeration..

Also, found a new microbe product that I am running side by side with Recharge to see if there is a difference in terpenes and frost.. It's called "Soil Balance".. A little goes a LOOOOONG way.. 1/16th of a tsp per gallon or .1-.5g..

Great test running two different in same environment.......

Perlite floats up to the top, small lava rock seems to work better and maybe some minerals come from the rock so I use lava rock instead of perlite.

Cool to see this thread been going so long. Shows how important and evolving topic super soil/TLO is. I have been using the same batch of soil coming up five years, off and on. The only thing I have added to it as a reamendment between grows is 20% Worm Castings. Seems to produce fine cannabis, in fact I am sure it's improving with each grow.

Last edited:
Just posting this. It is what I use and is scaled for a 1.5 cu ft bag of soil!!!

Attachments

• 3FA66018-5BF5-43E6-9917-49FD3207A748.png
    3FA66018-5BF5-43E6-9917-49FD3207A748.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 267
Soil

-bog moss about 2 to 3 feet
-1foot compost.
-1bag worn castings
-1 foot of mushrooms from the woods
-3 cups chaga ground
-1foot composted wood chips
-1foot woods humus
-1/2 cup salt
-1/2 cup bone meal
-1/2foot mushroom mysillia
-1/2foot straw and chicken poop
-1/2 foot pig poop
-1/2 cup lime
-1/2cup blood meal
-1/2cup bat shit

Just posting this. It is what I use and is scaled for a 1.5 cu ft bag of soil!!!
That's super specific with the quantities considering the base soil mineral analysis is unknown. I guess the actual ratios of minerals there are probably what's important.
Anyone have any data on required ppm's for minerals in soil media?

Back