topping?

bakedpwn

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
do people top auto flowers? I always thought it was best to LST and scrog because you dont want to do anything to slow them down.

Some users in here like to push the proverbial envelope. And hey, why the hell not? As time passes, I see more info regarding topping autos.

ill skip it for now. LST seems to work fine from the pictures im seeing.

whats a big auto mean?

whats a big auto mean?

Something like a jack herer or Auto ultimate that will take more time, stretch more, and be bigger overall

I've heard a few people doing it. Seen a few videos on YouTube but some strains can handle it, others will be really affected in the yeild. I'd say just stick with the LST or get a trellis net.

It is kind of a each to his own thing...and I believe several things factor in on whether to top or not to top. Such as health of the plant,strain characteristics, environment,height restrictions and grower preference ect... Here is a FastBuds Girl Scout Cookies I am finishing up,she was topped at around 15 days at the 4th node and finished up 36 inches tall and 36 inches wide. I have grown both ways, for me it just depends.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Wagon
1.jpg

whats a big auto mean?
For me I have a size limit due to tent size. So anything that can go over 3 ft I top

Ok gotcha. yea i have plenty of space. 24x48x60inches veg and a 5x5x6.5tall for flower.
thanks for the info on when to do it though. I always like trying new growing techniques.

It is kind of a each to his own thing...and I believe several things factor in on whether to top or not to top. Such as health of the plant,strain characteristics, environment,height restrictions and grower preference ect... Here is a FastBuds Girl Scout Cookies I am finishing up,she was topped at around 15 days at the 4th node and finished up 36 inches tall and 36 inches wide. I have grown both ways, for me it just depends.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Wagon
View attachment 1052855
I guess I should have added that you could probably top anything from fastbuds as their genetics are good for it... man every time I'll see a pic of an auto from fastbuds the plant is enormous! Lol

Back