Humboldt Seed Organization Trainwreck! Pop22's favorite Sativa!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I really love Trainwreck. It one of only three or four sativa dominant strains that I like and can tolerate. This is the only Sativa besides ducksfoot that I've grown more than once.
I grew Sweet Seeds auto Trainwreck 3 times and this is y second grow of Humboldt Trainwreck photo period ( HINT HINT.... you need an auto! )

I found I had two seeds left from three years ago when i last grew this. I popped one direct to soil ( I rarely do this I find the paper towel method has a better germ rate ), and a week later she popped up! Damn good for a seed I've had for three + years! She was part of a mishmash grow of old seed I wanted to use up, many didn't sprout but I didn't expect great results and was very pleased that she sprouted so quickly. In fact, she was the first to sprout!

I transplanted her yesterday into a 2 gallon ( 8L ) pot. i debated what size pot to use and settled on the 2 gal. as I'm going to use her as a mother plant and take clones. I'll probably pop a clone or two into the greenhouse. As soon as I can clone her I will, then I'll grow her out.

She's growing in Lambert potting mix and today she'll start on Megacrop 2.0. I start her at 450 ppm and at ph 6.5. We'll see later if she needs more or not. I like to keep the ppms down if its not really needed. Most of the strains I grow do well at 425 - 450 ppm.

She's in a small tent right now, 32"x 32"x 60". Lighting is a Horticultural Lighting Group QB 324 running at 130 watts

Looking good so far!

Humblot Trainwreck pic1 -4-7-2020.jpg

I really love Trainwreck. It one of only three or four sativa dominant strains that I like and can tolerate. This is the only Sativa besides ducksfoot that I've grown more than once.
I grew Sweet Seeds auto Trainwreck 3 times and this is y second grow of Humboldt Trainwreck photo period ( HINT HINT.... you need an auto! )

I found I had two seeds left from three years ago when i last grew this. I popped one direct to soil ( I rarely do this I find the paper towel method has a better germ rate ), and a week later she popped up! Damn good for a seed I've had for three + years! She was part of a mishmash grow of old seed I wanted to use up, many didn't sprout but I didn't expect great results and was very pleased that she sprouted so quickly. In fact, she was the first to sprout!

I transplanted her yesterday into a 2 gallon ( 8L ) pot. i debated what size pot to use and settled on the 2 gal. as I'm going to use her as a mother plant and take clones. I'll probably pop a clone or two into the greenhouse. As soon as I can clone her I will, then I'll grow her out.

She's growing in Lambert potting mix and today she'll start on Megacrop 2.0. I start her at 450 ppm and at ph 6.5. We'll see later if she needs more or not. I like to keep the ppms down if its not really needed. Most of the strains I grow do well at 425 - 450 ppm.

She's in a small tent right now, 32"x 32"x 60". Lighting is a Horticultural Lighting Group QB 324 running at 130 watts

Looking good so far!

View attachment 1176564
Sweet bud I love a good quality sativa sounds like I need to give this one a run also wat are the other sativas u like any autos? Anyhow hope you had a good Easter and sending good vibes and karma ur way.

When I was young, I loved POTENT south East Asian weed. Vietnamese weed was like smoking LSD. We use to go to a local bar with that had awesome bands. We'd smoke in the parking lot then hurry in and get seat. The band would start and we'd sit and watch the music come out of the speakers.... for 3-4 hours!

Can't do many Sativas as they make my heart race. I have PVC ( Pre-ventricular contraction ) and it makes it worse, like passing out worse!
Our local Ducksfoot, the Trainwreck strains I've tried so far work for me also, Fast Buds Mexican Airlines, the Sativa leaning Dragon's Blood. that's about it. I'd like to try some Jamaican strains.

And here she is as of Yesterday. Has gotten much wider but is gaining in height. Traonwreck is in front, the other is Blueberry Ghost OG

Trainwreck and Blueberry Ghost OG pic1 -4-12-2020.jpg

When I was young, I loved POTENT south East Asian weed. Vietnamese weed was like smoking LSD. We use to go to a local bar with that had awesome bands. We'd smoke in the parking lot then hurry in and get seat. The band would start and we'd sit and watch the music come out of the speakers.... for 3-4 hours!

Can't do many Sativas as they make my heart race. I have PVC ( Pre-ventricular contraction ) and it makes it worse, like passing out worse!
Our local Ducksfoot, the Trainwreck strains I've tried so far work for me also, Fast Buds Mexican Airlines, the Sativa leaning Dragon's Blood. that's about it. I'd like to try some Jamaican strains.

And here she is as of Yesterday. Has gotten much wider but is gaining in height. Traonwreck is in front, the other is Blueberry Ghost OG

View attachment 1178424
That awsome man and they both look great, I think that the heart racing ect is bc most sativas haven't been bread enough to remove unwanted traits I also think with sativa it's important to do a staged harvest to see where you like it and I no way ur talking about I have anxiety and PTSD and I've had mild attacks bc of some buds both sativa and indica have caused it so I get that. I found a sativa leaning pheno of Lee Roy which is supposed to be indica leaning hybrid but it's very energetic with zero racy feelings. Also have you ran alot of different train wreck varieties ( diffrent breeders) and if so what one did you prefer I like Humboldt Seeds Organization from wat I've seen all there stuff looks great.

I've grown Sweet Seeds Trainwreck auto and this Humboldt once before. I like them both. The Sweet Trainwreck is maybe a touch milder. both produce bud fairly well, maybe bit better than other strains. The Humbldt is uplifting and pleasant makws me want to go work in my raised beds lol! I might do some breeding with the Trainwreck, maybe cross it with my Ducksfoot or maybe my Black ice

That awsome man and they both look great, I think that the heart racing ect is bc most sativas haven't been bread enough to remove unwanted traits I also think with sativa it's important to do a staged harvest to see where you like it and I no way ur talking about I have anxiety and PTSD and I've had mild attacks bc of some buds both sativa and indica have caused it so I get that. I found a sativa leaning pheno of Lee Roy which is supposed to be indica leaning hybrid but it's very energetic with zero racy feelings. Also have you ran alot of different train wreck varieties ( diffrent breeders) and if so what one did you prefer I like Humboldt Seeds Organization from wat I've seen all there stuff looks great.

Good read.. i'm a heart patient and don't like the racy effects some strains can bring on.. i'll be following pop.

I have a photo sativa running now, Blue Dream x Stardawg from Greenpoint. Hoping it's similar..

Looking good so far!

View attachment 1176564

Best of luck with this grow mate :thumbsup:

I don't tend to see many "Trainwreck" grows so this should be a fun one :pass:

An auto would make a cool and logical strain to add to our auto line. I'll pass this over to the team :thumbsup:

I'll keep dropping in as you update mate :pass:

Stay safe out there :bighug:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..

Best of luck with this grow mate :thumbsup:

I don't tend to see many "Trainwreck" grows so this should be a fun one :pass:

An auto would make a cool and logical strain to add to our auto line. I'll pass this over to the team :thumbsup:

I'll keep dropping in as you update mate :pass:

Stay safe out there :bighug:

Kind regards :bong:

Mark..
I would also be very interested as @pop22 said that would be awsome. So excited to see this grow pop it one of the first sativa/sativa Dom that I knew wat it was and very much enjoyed so I can't wait also how long do you plan on vegging for?

Back