twenty20 Twenty20

Twenty20 Adam

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Hello AFN communuty,
We are relatively new members to this site and excited to grow with you all! We have visited AFN many times over the years and have embraced the site as a goldmine of cultivation and breeding knowledge. I would like to introduce our company. We originate from the Emerald Triangle (Originally Humboldt County), cutting our teeth in the mid 90's during the tumultuous years of heavy handed law enforcement when armies of federal and state troops would annually descend on our county and rain fire on the cannabis cultivation community. Although we were "CAMPED" many times, ie raided by the law enforcement group called Campaign Against Marijuana Planting, we managed to slip into the 2000's unharmed, which quickly became the most prosperous decade in The Emerald Triangle. It was those early years that our breeding program first began. We didn't breed to sell seeds, we bred out of necessity to keep our cultivars for the following year and to continue to select the best phenotypes for our outdoor conditions. This was selective breeding at it's finest.
We moved to Mendocino in 2001 and purchased our first property. It was steep, rugged land with little usable real estate. A prominent mountain top lies in the center of the property well marked on all topo maps as "2020". Property without an address needs a name and "2020" quickly became her name. We never faltered from that for 19 years and the moniker stuck, hence our business name, Twenty20. That property saw sweat, laughter, tears, fights, hugs, parties, silence, injury, healing, majestic sun rises, ice storms, tragic wildfires, trash digging bears, star filled skies, and hot sunny days. In August 2014 she narrowly survived the Lodge Lightning complex fire. We somehow remained untouched during countless nail-biting flyovers by law enforcement, we were blessed, Loves were formed there, a life was lost there. It was a hostel of sorts during trimming season hosting young travelers from all over the planet. We reluctantly sold that property in the year 2020. It was there that we bred most of our foundation genetics that are ancestors to nearly every strain in the Twenty20 library.
The "glory days" of the Emerald Triangle ended in 2016 with the legalization of recreational cannabis. With great reluctance, we embraced the legislative changes and learned to adapt. We now operate a small compliant cultivation facility. We struggle to compete with "corporate cannabis" and huge mega farms but our mantra of "quality over quantity" has helped us persevere. We come from the days of sharing genetics and sharing information. We believe in cannabis access for everyone. We still carry those beliefs and we align ourselves with others who think like us.
Our breeding program:
As you may have guessed, we have been breeding photoperiods for many years and only have embraced autoflowers in the last few years. I will be the first to admit that as a photoperiod breeder I eyed autoflowers with much skepticism and doubt. Most of the skepticism comes from previous experience with antiquated autoflowering genetics. Two years ago we started our autoflower program with a few goals in mind. We wanted to "convert" many of our great outdoor varieties over to autos and we wanted to continue our mission of providing the outdoor growing community with the best possible genetics for successful outdoor cultivation. This project didn't come without a lot of trails and tribulations and we learned a heck of a lot along the journey! We started with a big lineup of our favorite cultivars and an autoflower trait we sourced from a small time guerilla grower/breeder in the jungles of Puerto Rico. We chose this cultivar because of its fabulous resistance to mold and it's uncanny adaptation to growing in low light conditions. The strain is called Double White and we don't exactly know the true origins of it but likely came from Amsterdam to Puerto Rico many years ago before it was bred with local strains. We have now selected and bred it to the F5 level and it is really something else! We are big fans of CBD:THC balanced cannabis and have several active projects currently in motion. If you would like to learn more about us, I invite everyone to check out our website and listen to our Youtube podcast called "Twenty Minutes with Twenty20" We recently aired a few episodes that are focused on our autoflower program and general philosophy. Annually, we host a free seed giveaway. This year it will be strictly autos. We invite each and every one of you to join in on the fun. There should be plenty for everyone to join! Please see a different thread on the matter posted on AFN, the event is called The Great American Auto Race. I would like to give a big thanks to the true pioneers, many of whom are members of this community, who really brought autoflowers out of the dark and into the light! I look forward to learning more from this great community!

tenor.gif

Awesome story. I am always down to support small local breeders and this fits the bill. I am looking forward to have the opportunity to try out your genetics and hope I get a chance to!!

Back