@BCBudlady did you do any training or plan on to?
I just ponytailed her for one day and may do that again. She will not get topped as I think she is running CDLC in form. I usually just tie then down/ spread them out. I’m in a small space, so I won’t be looking to grow a big gal. Expectation is frost on frost.

Grow Update:smoking:

CDLC x SS Well while leaf bending, I broke a fan leaf off, oh well. Other than that, she is doing amazing. A little much on nutes, so lowered the feed mL. She is showing a little leaf tip burn. Really beautiful green color. The fan leaves resemble CDLC pretty well. I can see them being dinner plate size, lol.

Creme-Tasmo A really good looking plant. So far I have noticed she likes to get tall and fast. Once the branches start to grow, they also explode into growth. Really good green color.

CDLC (maybe) ( this one will be under the Mephisto and LED Battle) Can not start the seed yet, so I have a little time to change my mind. But pretty much set on CDLC. What I have started is the coco, and just wanted to share how I start my coco (at anytime someone finds I am doing something wrong/ or know a better way, feel free to chime in). I use the last bit of the 5kg Roots Organic Coco brick. Which by chance, filled the 3 gal grow bag perfectly. No added perlite or anything else, 100% straight Roots coco. To unbrick, I used my well water (ph 5.9) and 3 mL of Remo MagNifiCal at 1 liter of water. Let it all soak and break up the coco in a bucket (I use a 1 Ltr bottle and had to be filled a few times with the nutes solution), then filled the 3 gal grow bag. Until its time to start/ drop the seed, I will keep the coco moist with 1 mL of VeloKelp and MagNifiCal to 1 Ltr of water. I may journal some of the beginning of life, just to finish this "how I start my coco" and track the starting life, more detailed. To see if what I started with is good enough or needs adjustments.:biggrin:

Grow Update:smoking:

CDLC x SS Well while leaf bending, I broke a fan leaf off, oh well. Other than that, she is doing amazing. A little much on nutes, so lowered the feed mL. She is showing a little leaf tip burn. Really beautiful green color. The fan leaves resemble CDLC pretty well. I can see them being dinner plate size, lol.

Creme-Tasmo A really good looking plant. So far I have noticed she likes to get tall and fast. Once the branches start to grow, they also explode into growth. Really good green color.

CDLC (maybe) ( this one will be under the Mephisto and LED Battle) Can not start the seed yet, so I have a little time to change my mind. But pretty much set on CDLC. What I have started is the coco, and just wanted to share how I start my coco (at anytime someone finds I am doing something wrong/ or know a better way, feel free to chime in). I use the last bit of the 5kg Roots Organic Coco brick. Which by chance, filled the 3 gal grow bag perfectly. No added perlite or anything else, 100% straight Roots coco. To unbrick, I used my well water (ph 5.9) and 3 mL of Remo MagNifiCal at 1 liter of water. Let it all soak and break up the coco in a bucket (I use a 1 Ltr bottle and had to be filled a few times with the nutes solution), then filled the 3 gal grow bag. Until its time to start/ drop the seed, I will keep the coco moist with 1 mL of VeloKelp and MagNifiCal to 1 Ltr of water. I may journal some of the beginning of life, just to finish this "how I start my coco" and track the starting life, more detailed. To see if what I started with is good enough or needs adjustments.:biggrin:

I have read coco should be primed (or hydrated in the case of bricks) with 600 ppm water minimum. I did that with some calmag and some nutes with the canna coco bricks in my last grow and it was charming. Not sure if that's really a fact that you should do it. I bet lots of people prime with less ppm and do just fine. The other thing I was told is put your pots in the tent 24 hours before you use them to get them to temperature. Guess that isn't just a coco prepping thing but thought I'd mention it.

I have read coco should be primed (or hydrated in the case of bricks) with 600 ppm water minimum. I did that with some calmag and some nutes with the canna coco bricks in my last grow and it was charming. Not sure if that's really a fact that you should do it. I bet lots of people prime with less ppm and do just fine. The other thing I was told is put your pots in the tent 24 hours before you use them to get them to temperature. Guess that isn't just a coco prepping thing but thought I'd mention it.
Yea I read somewhere you should precharge also.

May I give you my way I used to hydrate Brick Coco 10 years ago? Some Brick Coco can have salts. Or used to at least. Here is what I suggest. Hydrate with RO water. Drain that water off and actually SQUEEZE some of moisture out. NOW, precharge that Coco with 1/2 STRENGTH nutes. Overkill? Maybe? Maybe not? But either way a good way, it works and you won't have to worry about high EC starting your seeds. And I totally agree on prepping your pots 1-3 days ahead depending g on pot size..to let Coco dry out a little. Keep Coco Moist, not wet when starting seeds. Over watering is not a myth

Since I copy everything you do I'll consider that! My canna bricks are salt free though. I throw brick chunks in a wheelbarrow and hydrate them with 600 ppm water (blend of calmag and MC and its about half strength) a few days ahead of time. I leave it open in the garage so it can dry out some. then I load up solo cups with it and put them in the tent ahead of time to warm up before I drop in germed tap roots. Also I'll load up my pots at this time even though I won't need them for 10 days or so and keep them hydrated a bit until I'm ready to transplant.

Since I copy everything you do I'll consider that! My canna bricks are salt free though. I throw brick chunks in a wheelbarrow and hydrate them with 600 ppm water (blend of calmag and MC and its about half strength) a few days ahead of time. I leave it open in the garage so it can dry out some. then I load up solo cups with it and put them in the tent ahead of time to warm up before I drop in germed tap roots. Also I'll load up my pots at this time even though I won't need them for 10 days or so and keep them hydrated a bit until I'm ready to transplant.
Like I said, Quality has changed a lot. So it is probably overkill. That was a long time ago, and if you don't have an issue...don't bother?

Like I said, Quality has changed a lot. So it is probably overkill. That was a long time ago, and if you don't have an issue...don't bother?

I'm going to recycle some of my coco from this grow. At least I'll look at doing this. But that will have salts in it right?

I'm going to recycle some of my coco from this grow. At least I'll look at doing this. But that will have salts in it right?
Yes, I don't recycle. But if I was going to, I would let it dry out and get the roots out as much as possible. And you should not have a ton of Salts, if you flush right. But I personally would treat it like clean slate. After it dries out and you clean it up . Soak in RO Water, ring it out by hand, and then precharge again before using with 1/2 Strength again.

Last edited:
@slowandeasy @lunarman
Thanks for the inputs. This is my second grow with coco. First one was kinda goofed, as I did 2x 3 gal coco grows with BioTabs and 1x with 3 gal coco with Cyco Platinum. I really should of utilized the coco with Cyco or Remo, and not BioTabs. Don't get me wrong, it worked and the end product was there, but i think the yield could have gone a whole other way. Now the Cyco 3 gal was a Forum Stomper, and I did have some problems through out the grow. Mostly due to inexperience with coco, but once she was established and started drinking a lot, I could not keep up with the calmag def. every time I remedied she would recover then start the def. all over again. This time around I hope to reduce that with the precharge of calmag solution. On another note, I do reuse my leftover soil and coco. Just not with indoor grow, i let the soil and roots dry out for a few weeks, then take it outside to use in a garden. Pretty much topping the top soil with better soil and coco. At least that way, I start new soil or coco with the cannabis plants indoor, and after harvested reuse the soil in the garden.

Back