Week 7 day 44

Billybongs

New User
Reaction score
Man has this been a learning curve, so many things have gone wrong and well some have gone sooo wrong that they might actually be alright. So for my first time grow I have two amnesia haze auto flowers,1 I low stress trained fairly light and one I accidentally topped while lst. Ended up 2 completely different plants one standing at 14inch and one at only 8inch. Both very short from what I’ve seen but hoping for a nice stretch in the days to come. Recently found some worrying red stems and Some worrying signs off animal eating the plant but no signs or bugs was thinking calcium deficiency if I couldn’t find anything? was thinking the tops were very light green/yellow possible defiance.Using canna terra nutrients still using Vega was about to switch/ did one feed with 1/4 bloom 1/2 Vega. Just did a foliage spray with a seaweed fertiliser and some what helped stems but came back again. Any tips or pointers much appreciated,Good growing!!!

Red stems and red leaf stems at this stage, would indicate pk deficiency. I’d put bloom up to Half strength now on the bigger one to start with.

Calmag won’t hurt as it’s an immobile nutrient which is crucial for proper nutrient uptake also.

I would up your grow nutes to 3/4 on the big one first, to see its reaction, and stretch will occur.

Just keep an eye on the leaf tips. If the nutrient mix ever seems like it was too strong, you can always give a mini flush with de-chlorinated and ph’d water only.

The yellowing at the pre-flower stage is normal on the inner parts of the leaves. It will disappear as the white pistils pop.
When pistils have crowned on top, and are browning, you can then up your bloom nutes to 3/4 on the big one.

Hope this helps
Happy Growing

If all plants are getting the same feed schedule and light exposure and only one has red stems there’s a chance it could just be a reaction to the light like a sun tan. Of my 6 plants one started turning red about week 3-4 and she turned out to be beautiful and healthy. If the under part of your leaf stem is green you should be ok. Here she is at 8 weeks with lots of red and purple still on her stems.
21E3A812-1FA8-4611-A87A-240D57F79E70.png

If all plants are getting the same feed schedule and light exposure and only one has red stems there’s a chance it could just be a reaction to the light like a sun tan. Of my 6 plants one started turning red about week 3-4 and she turned out to be beautiful and healthy. If the under part of your leaf stem is green you should be ok. Here she is at 8 weeks with lots of red and purple still on her stems.View attachment 1506124

I guess you’re running sweet seeds in a big pot?
I also got the same tan issue, but only when switching to a powerful LED.

At 1/4 strength on week 7…Too low IMO even with synthetics.

Are you running synthetic, or organics for your
Good lookin girl? Great job

Mephisto seeds 3gal pots in Royal Tupur coco blend with General Hydroponic nutes Flora series. It was my first grow and I got real lucky to have no problems until some powdered mildew at the end. I asked about the coloring and received that answer so I stuck it out since they all ate the same ya know? Chalked it up to a strain trait and kept checking undersides of stems.

If all plants are getting the same feed schedule and light exposure and only one has red stems there’s a chance it could just be a reaction to the light like a sun tan. Of my 6 plants one started turning red about week 3-4 and she turned out to be beautiful and healthy. If the under part of your leaf stem is green you should be ok. Here she is at 8 weeks with lots of red and purple still on her stems.View attachment 1506124
WoW

Back