well thats neat, usually when they talk about using lime and it being a detriment is when its a good amount as stated ,but the soil cant breath as well.there can be a fine line between it being helpful in buffering and breakdown and growth charachteristics hands down. but a more anerobic soil will have issues.PH swings,nute and fert pick up and excellerated root building. but I have not personally heard of this. I have used great deals of Sweet lime and pellet or prilled lime.

but remember just because Lime can tighten it does not mean it will. too little air and the OTHER non tightening materials would off set of nullify this you think?a balancing act is always a game and an art imho. when cooking single batches of soil of fully finishes compost WITH added materials for boosting and growing and so forth I say use the Lime personally. I use pellet AND sweet or dolomite lime powder.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/liming-amendments-cc.33323/#post-624429

well thats neat, usually when they talk about using lime and it being a detriment is when its a good amount as stated ,but the soil cant breath as well.there can be a fine line between it being helpful in buffering and breakdown and growth charachteristics hands down. but a more anerobic soil will have issues.PH swings,nute and fert pick up and excellerated root building. but I have not personally heard of this. I have used great deals of Sweet lime and pellet or prilled lime.

but remember just because Lime can tighten it does not mean it will. too little air and the OTHER non tightening materials would off set of nullify this you think?a balancing act is always a game and an art imho. when cooking single batches of soil of fully finishes compost WITH added materials for boosting and growing and so forth I say use the Lime personally. I use pellet AND sweet or dolomite lime powder.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/liming-amendments-cc.33323/#post-624429

Hi eyes, thank you for the link and feedback. So over using it could cause problems (like many things I guess) or exaggerate other aeration issues. Use it right and there's good benefits. Noted and thanks again.

Just wondering, when you mention excellerated root building in that list what would you see above the soil? Stunted growth?

low and wobbly PH issues, feeding characteristics,DIM color and the like. Lime is almost a need item for proper growing with the way many of us Feed these days and epsecially learning teas and the like you need that ability to buffer and negate a messed up brew or addition thats way acidic or Alkali it will help and push it back up OR down within ohhhh 24-36 typically.takes long with less lime thats why you see soo many recipes with 20- or larger 30 gallons use all of a half a cup I use twice that each time I personally add extra lime each batch i make minimum of 3/4 Cup to a full cup even more sometimes NEVER in my recent grows have a had a heavy PH issue with a made batch of soil of mine. I have Had them its just rare usually.

Hi there, everyone just thought I'd put this up, this is a tried and tested recipe.
From clackamascootz and mountain organics they have been my teacher's
Basesoil mix:

1:1:1: CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss) : Pumice/Lava rock : Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per cuF with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
4-6 cups Basalt
6-8 cups Biochar

***Small handful of worms percontainer***

I just finished a grow using a product called Soiless, really like the way it drained and it grew a nice plant. I grew it a 5 gallon bucket. I used to have a 110 salt water aquarium with live corals. I used crushed seashells as my bedding. I have about 2 5 gallon buckets of these crushed shells left over. When I emptied the tank I threw them the shells in my garden, best tomatoes I ever grew. No calcium problems. IF i was going to recharge this soil what should I add to it. Could I add some of these shells to it. Would anyone have a recipe for this.

most shells especially if theyve been washed well like those act very similar if not exactly like an Oyster shell. same minerals predominantly ,so use it the same way unless its some crazy exotic fresh stuff maybe. just wash it well or soak it rather and then cruch them well,THEN ammend your soil.just know it'll taker sometime before theyll be truly effective. and at slow pace too alone. so youll need a double dose of a faster source like powdered oyster shell and maybe some crushed crab shell dried.

Back