I have to decide on what i want to use for the base. You said you are using roots original? My first attempt will be a little different and i plan on top coating throughout. I bought some stuff and the price was too hard to resist until I learn more. I like watering without messing with the ph, im lazy!

Ok guys I would like all of you to start your own thread in this section with your soil recipe.. this will make it way easier to follow.. Please

Yes please this times 10000%

I really don't want to nit pick, but I think the organization of some sections here on afn could be a little better. There are many sections where you can find information of the same topic. But in different sections altogether. It's obvious that the organics section is in it's infancy here and doesn't get enough love honestly. But it's not really organized properly. I would love a section for soil recipes only, like the new teas sub forum. Maybe just add "Recipes" to the "Living Organic Soils" to make it more obvious that it's for recipes? (and what exactly is Living Organic Soils? Is it not the same as Organics? Does it include "No Till" soils or is that different?)

I believe that organics deserve a lot more attention in the realm of growing cannabis and autoflowers specifically. How does growing organically differ between photos and autos? Maybe this question has been answered before, but it should be easier to find in the organics section. As should many other areas of interest relating to autos and organics specifically. So forgive me for my ignorance if it's there and I just overlooked it!

One other subject relating to the forums here: where does one start a journal? I want to grow mephistos, organically, under cob lights, and I am a new autoflower grower, etc etc.....you see where I am going with this. Where do I start a journal? Shouldn't there be an area for grow journals only, or am I just not aware of it?

Sorry for the mini rant. I believe afn is a killer forum and really I probably just need a smoke......:bong: yep all better :smoking:

Yes please this times 10000%

I really don't want to nit pick, but I think the organization of some sections here on afn could be a little better. There are many sections where you can find information of the same topic. But in different sections altogether. It's obvious that the organics section is in it's infancy here and doesn't get enough love honestly. But it's not really organized properly. I would love a section for soil recipes only, like the new teas sub forum. Maybe just add "Recipes" to the "Living Organic Soils" to make it more obvious that it's for recipes? (and what exactly is Living Organic Soils? Is it not the same as Organics? Does it include "No Till" soils or is that different?)

I believe that organics deserve a lot more attention in the realm of growing cannabis and autoflowers specifically. How does growing organically differ between photos and autos? Maybe this question has been answered before, but it should be easier to find in the organics section. As should many other areas of interest relating to autos and organics specifically. So forgive me for my ignorance if it's there and I just overlooked it!

One other subject relating to the forums here: where does one start a journal? I want to grow mephistos, organically, under cob lights, and I am a new autoflower grower, etc etc.....you see where I am going with this. Where do I start a journal? Shouldn't there be an area for grow journals only, or am I just not aware of it?

Sorry for the mini rant. I believe afn is a killer forum and really I probably just need a smoke......:bong: yep all better :smoking:
Well you could do your journal under the Mephisto forum or the indoor section

Well you could do your journal under the Mephisto forum or the indoor section

For sure, not a big deal really.If you just watch a thread then it's no problem to find it again. I often forget to follow a thread though and later try to go back and find it which can be a little bit of a challenge. Especially with all the grow journals in different sections.

Is this organic cause you're making your own soil? Or organic if a bag of soil says "organic" on it? I'm curious cause the bag I picked up at my hydro store says "organic" on it... GreenTree Growers Blend". Anybody heard of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it comes from Oregon. Green Tree is an established company and most likely puts out a verified organic product.
Here is what Wiki says: Soil organic matter (SOM) is the organic matter component of soil, consisting of plant and animal residues at various stages of decomposition, cells and tissues of soil organisms, and substances synthesized by soil organisms.
True organic growers only add amendments that are organic and do not contain substances that will kill off the microbes in the soil.
We don't use chemical nutes. We don't like chlorine in our water. We want to get as close as we can to nature's way of growing.

Interesting. Thank you. Does organic usually mean less nutrients need to be added as well? Guy at the store said it was good for the first 30 days without any... Is that the norm for organics?

Interesting. Thank you. Does organic usually mean less nutrients need to be added as well? Guy at the store said it was good for the first 30 days without any... Is that the norm for organics?

I add just water thru my whole grow.. if you brew teas and feed them with those throughout the grow it keeps the microbes strong throughout the whole grow.. no need for nutes.. you should look into a book called true living organics it is about organic soils for growing marijuana.. it is a great read

I will do that

I will definitely check that out. I'm currently on my first grow/s and it's tough trying to figure out what's wrong. Is there a specific amount of water you give your plants during flower? Or all depends? Right now I have two on 12/12 and they're taking about a liter a day...

Back