What causes autoflowers to flower?

i remember checking out this strain before i grew when i was researching and learning about growing (which i did for years before i started growing, I thought I knew everything when i got into my first grow doing dwc hydro. Boy was I wrong!!! I didnt have a harvest until my third grow!!! Lmao looking back) I was interested in the strain and smoke report also. yeah it would be great to harvest super fast but hows the smoke i wonder with these super fast autos?
There's the rub, huh? I grew some Chem Cookies and gave my wife a nug to try last night. I very literally had to pick her up and carry her to bed. Other stuff I grow, I usually get a noncommittal, "It's ok, I mean it helped me sleep."

It's usually a trade-off. But everything is pretty much the same to me. That's why I'm trying some sativa grows but for that I have to wait six months to get really good yields. I'll be doing that for awhile and have a pretty good stash to tide me over. But I will be growing faster plants to keep supply coming in while I run sativa pheno hunts on a low plant count.

Of course, the supply I put away for this has a habit of getting itself gifted to family members...

Back