What do you want to see on AFN going forward?

Well hold on now.

I'm open to spitballing seed exchange. Nothing wrong with discussion.

Maybe we could look at partnering with an established group that already does it though. Not reinventing a wheel, but just being part of a wheel already in motion.

I mean I get it’s not allowed but I think we’d all being lying if we said it never happens here.

Is Strainly still around?

Yeah that’s where sawney had just found his beans being sold by someone that was gifted them

Awesome! Thank you guys! Yeah I've just been looking for a soil recipe for watering only and I know some people are secretive about it (for whatever reason) but anyone willing to share what to mix up, how much of each component to add & when to add dry ammendments would be awesome! It is such a deep topic and not everyone has huge grow spaces to justify buying huge bags of this and that from build-a-soil. It will be interesting to see what people are mixing up to have such great results.
There would be two guys working on that.:eyebrows:

Was thinking that maybe an option for your content to be automatically deleted/removed after say 30 days from when it wss posted,
Content posts that's more than a certain amount of Mb would have an option to chose if it goes or stays after 30 day period.
But only for large post and you get the chioce
Will cut down on storage.

Was thinking that maybe an option for your content to be automatically deleted/removed after say 30 days from when it wss posted,
Content posts that's more than a certain amount of Mb would have an option to chose if it goes or stays after 30 day period.

So if this was implemented, nearly all AFN collected content, the knowledge base, would disappear? Only larger "content posts" would have the option of remaining, and most posts before and after these posts would be gone?

If content must be dumped to save on storage, it seems very feasible to totally trash such things as threads about now-legacy products, such as lights, nutes, seeds and fans no longer marketed; threads for defunct seed sellers; threads considered by an editor or committee as not all that informative (nothing lost) and/or with better coverage of the topic in later threads or elsewhere; etc.

Active users shouldn't have anything deleted. Plenty of other routes to take before getting to this I would hope.

If that’s the case, what is the point of any of it? 30 days won’t even get you into flower on a journal for most strains….

If content must be dumped to save on storage, it seems very feasible to totally trash such things as threads about now-legacy products, such as lights, nutes, seeds and fans no longer marketed; threads for defunct seed sellers; threads considered by an editor or committee as not all that informative (nothing lost) and/or with better coverage of the topic in later threads or elsewhere; etc.

This is actually 100% the plan (or part of the plan, so far.)

This is actually 100% the plan (or part of the plan, so far.)
Is storage really an issue? I thought that was the cheapest part of maintaining a forum. Also, I think the historical threads have value.

AFN needs to recognize and give priority to it being a knowledge base and valuable reference source, with this just as important as maintaining real-time discussions! Other than curated/edited trashing of content, I definitely want the collective years information searchable online (somewhere; ideally in multiple places, such as AFN and major search engines).

AFN is simply the best source for primary information (from the actual source, here growers) about growing cannabis. This should be maintained. This is what originally brought me to AFN. I presume much AFN use (or a very valuable use) is by people looking for needed grow-related information vs. wanting to expend the time and energy to formally join and pose questions/problems (which often need a good amount of explanation to get any or good responses, then they have respond to questions/comments, etc.).

Why can't (or won't) an auto market-targeted vendor, such as an auto seed company, step forward and get involved here, such as host (or sponsor) running the collective database? [It shouldn't be that expensive: I have a commercial online database and only pay $25/month to run that along with email and FTP services, with adding gigs of data storage costs trivial].

Last edited:
Back