What do you want to see on AFN going forward?

AFN needs to recognize and give priority to it being a knowledge base and valuable reference source, with this just as important as maintaining real-time discussions! Other than curated/edited trashing of content, I definitely want the collective years information searchable online (somewhere; ideally in multiple places, such as AFN and major search engines).

AFN is simply the best source for primary information (from the actual source, here growers) about growing cannabis. This should be maintained. This is what originally brought me to AFN. I presume much AFN use (or a very valuable use) is by people looking for needed grow-related information vs. wanting to expend the time and energy to formally join and pose questions/problems (which often need a good amount of explanation to get any or good responses, then they have respond to questions/comments, etc.).
:yeahthat:

AFN needs to recognize and give priority to it being a knowledge base and valuable reference source, with this just as important as maintaining real-time discussions! Other than curated/edited trashing of content, I definitely want the collective years information searchable online (somewhere; ideally in multiple places, such as AFN and major search engines).

AFN is simply the best source for primary information (from the actual source, here growers) about growing cannabis. This should be maintained. This is what originally brought me to AFN. I presume much AFN use (or a very valuable use) is by people looking for needed grow-related information vs. wanting to expend the time and energy to formally join and pose questions/problems (which often need a good amount of explanation to get any or good responses, then they have respond to questions/comments, etc.).

Why can't (or won't) an auto market-targeted vendor, such as an auto seed company, step forward and get involved here, such as host (or sponsor) running the collective database? [It shouldn't be that expensive: I have a commercial online database and only pay $25/month to run that along with email and FTP services, with adding gigs of data storage costs trivial].
I think you bring up some very key points there, Sir.

Doesn’t AFN have an insta account? Don’t people monetize those? IIRC the AFN account has a ton of followers which is what drives the income on those sites I thought
Just wondering if that could be used to make the data storage cost issue a moot point

Last edited:
We can put up a donation bar ..I have no clue what it cost yearly to hold data or run a site but I have $99 a year or something to donate. the major thing is that this Gen uses different methods to learn now and with laxing laws in the states we want more that AFN has done or is will to do. Im on discord and its poppin ..they have seed raffles daily and its just run different . We need to draw some ideas an implement the new things going on in the internet. youtube,insta and discord are the new platforms people look for info. We need a face ..a influencer to drive more people to the forum and migrate some to Discord also. Im not sure how many US people are here but if we are able to open trade here but not AFN kinda a makes you look for a place you can if thats what you came to do. not being able to trade the plant we love kinda sad. The vendors should be more active most places have some one to run social media if they are big enough. We put in the work they should also. losing old threads would be sad . I revisit my first grow often lol I wish their was a way to just download all my pics and content to save it locally. or in the cloud.

Was thinking that maybe an option for your content to be automatically deleted/removed after say 30 days from when it wss posted,
Content posts that's more than a certain amount of Mb would have an option to chose if it goes or stays after 30 day period.
But only for large post and you get the chioce
Will cut down on storage.
My suggestion was that the person who posts a post with high Mb could or would have a choice for it to be removed after a certain amount of time,
In by no means suggesting for your content to be removed guys

I admit when I'm doing a grow these days I do take the piss with my high Mb Vids, like one or two a day, I probly won't see them again unless I search for them so if they got auto removed at my on request then I wouldn't mind cos it was my own choice lol

My suggestion was that the person who posts a post with high Mb could or would have a choice for it to be removed after a certain amount of time,
In by no means suggesting for your content to be removed guys

I admit when I'm doing a grow these days I do take the piss with my high Mb Vids, like one or two a day, I probly won't see them again unless I search for them so if they got auto removed at my on request then I wouldn't mind cos it was my own choice lol
I remember when you used to have to host your own pictures if you wanted to post personal stuff to a forum
One forum would watermark pictures you uploaded to their server. They didn't watermark none of my pictures!

Back