WHAT is in the MegaCrop bag??

MassMom

Just watchin my daughter enjoy my harvest!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I dont....I grow to help others :-)
I just went to GreenLeaf website. Checking out the "newest version" of MegaCrop as my bag here is old.

The front of the bag picture shows 9-6-17
The analysis picture from the back of the bag shows 9.7-7.8-15.1

MEGA CROP – Greenleaf Nutrients

If I ordered today WHAT is in the bag??? Good lord, this blonde gets confused enough...dont add to it! :rofl:

I sent them an email back when I ordered, pointing out that their FAQ said "we change formulas and re-use old bags, so check the website for the most up-to-date numbers"...except there were at least 3 different sets of numbers listed in different places on their website.

I got back a "I didn't understand your question" response saying that each bag had the minimum amounts on the guaranteed analysis.

Which, yes - they're required to have at least the amounts on the label, but no clue what any one bag actually has...

I also can't seem to find them in the California fertilizer database, so not even sure if they're properly registered...

surprise-whats-in-the-box.gif

Last edited:
I am losing my confidence in MC. Growing is all about numbers, percentages...we deserve to know WHAT IS IN THE PRODUCT we are using.....re-use old bags? so bag says one thing, but what is inside MAY be different? Oh hell to the no.
Granted - every company can do that, and a lot probably do - I think MC is just one of the few that acknowledged they actually do/did it.

But, the "are they still doing that" question was one reason why I decided on their 2-part instead of the 1-part.

Compare that to how much a product can be below the labeled amounts without being fined, and tell me how much N-P-K is actually in a product like Fox Farms Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7)...

Growing is all about numbers, percentages...we deserve to know WHAT IS IN THE PRODUCT we are using. I am having issues with my Brother Mendel Widow grow. Something seems off with feed. How can I fix or adjust when I dont know what I am using!! :dizzy:
Re-use old bags? so bag says one thing, but what is inside MAY be different? Oh hell to the no!! Time to find something new.
My next salt nute, if I go there again, will be Jack's 321. It will require a bit more additives than the two part MC, but the company seems a bit more transparent about what is in there, and it seems like good reliable stuff. It will be either that or the two part MC, but at this point, Jack's is the plan B if this soil stuff goes sideways again.

Hi hon! Yeah, I am done with the guessing and getting no answers. I have canna coco a & b, rhizotonic, and cannazyme here never used.
Reliable brand, and I think I might just switch. Will go check out their feed schedule (use light feed schedule then cut in half for autos).
I am having so many issues with my MegaCrop Midwest Widow grow, and cant figure it out if I dont even know what is in the feed!
I know others here have had good results with Megacrop, but every grow I have done seems to have suffered one problem or another. LIkely down to me rather than the nutes, but I like informative and transparent attitude at Jack's and the fact that they have been doing this stuff for commercial agriculture operations for decades. They know what they are doing, and they are starting to tailor their formula and information to our favorite plant.

I also like the Jack's labels. Less marketing, and more business. I do not need hi gloss pictures of elder growers to convince me that the product is good. I also do not like paying to ship water. It will be dry nutes for me thanks.

Was that a rant? :crying:

Granted - every company can do that, and a lot probably do - I think MC is just one of the few that acknowledged they actually do/did it.

But, the "are they still doing that" question was one reason why I decided on their 2-part instead of the 1-part.

Compare that to how much a product can be below the labeled amounts without being fined, and tell me how much N-P-K is actually in a product like Fox Farms Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7)...
true, true!!!! How do you find the 2 part, do you have more control?

So MegaCrop did get back to me and let me know that indeed 9.7-7.8-15.1 is the (1part) one being currently shipped :biggrin:

true, true!!!! How do you find the 2 part, do you have more control?
I'm just starting to use it on my new grow, but based on the numbers:

Part B is just calcium nitrate (cal-mag without the mag) - so not really any different than using the 1-part with cal-mag and epsom salts during veg. But, then you can add their Sweet Candy as a P/K booster during bloom, and adjust the A/B ratios to account for the extra K.

Only problem is that you can't really adjust only A+B for tap water - you either have to reduce N or hope the extra Ca doesn't create an issue for you. But, that's pretty much true for any 2-part or less product system.

If I can't find the GA/ingredients with relative ease online I'm not buying it lol. Just knowing the NPK ratios doesn't do a whole lot for me since there's no concrete numbers and I want to know exactly what values of *everything* is in there. I feel like that's one thing FF does fairly well, their lable info is usually listed as a picture or in the product descriptions.

Back