What is your favorite soil?

Lush may not be good for young seedlings… if you are sowing straight to final pot, I would get some seed starter mix, make a good pocket in the lush using a small flower pot 24-32 oz cup size and fill that with seedling mix. That way you can sow to final and your plants roots will not be shocked early on. Essentially letting the roots grow out and mature a bit before hitting all that goodness!
Yea maybe happy frog for seedling stage you think? I can grab that locally and cheap since I don't need a lot of it.

I'll check that out I'm ordering this time because I don't have any good soils around me but I've been researching roots organics LUSH and that is like a super soil ready to go sounds pretty cool feeds to 8 weeks or more in a 5 gallon.
Coast of Maine stoneington blend it is a true living soil it’s all I use for organic growing otherwise I use coco and megacrop those are the only two ways I grow :toke: I have a few journals using COM SB

Coast of Maine stoneington blend it is a true living soil it’s all I use for organic growing otherwise I use coco and megacrop those are the only two ways I grow :toke: I have a few journals using COM SB
I'll check em out man. Coast of Maine is hard to find as well though but I'm trying to see if my ace hardware will order some I know the manager she usually does as long as it's easy for her to get.

I'll check em out man. Coast of Maine is hard to find as well though but I'm trying to see if my ace hardware will order some I know the manager she usually does as long as it's easy for her to get.
Ace hardware here carries COM. We get the lobster compost shipped to the store to pick up for our outdoor garden. I know that it's location dependent though and some states can't get it

Ace hardware here carries COM. We get the lobster compost shipped to the store to pick up for our outdoor garden. I know that it's location dependent though and some states can't get it
Online says it's in stock at my store but no go all lies I called 😁 I can get happy frog and black gold I think it's called but ive used that before it's an extremely hot soil and smelled to strong for indoor use.

Online says it's in stock at my store but no go all lies I called 😁 I can get happy frog and black gold I think it's called but ive used that before it's an extremely hot soil and smelled to strong for indoor use.

I'd go with happy frog then I try to use what I can source locally for me in the NE CoM is easy to find but I now folks mid states that can't get it. I'd be looking into Roots organics or build a soil. I know that it's easier to find for some people but for me RO BAS are non existent up here. My choices local are CoM, FF and the black and gold you speak of but I wasn't at all impressed with black and gold coco haven't used their soil though.

Last edited:
Then you should be able to ship to the store and pickup for free. Might have to call them

I'd go with happy frog then I try to use what I can source locally for in the NE CoM is easy to find but I now folks mid states that can't get it. I'd be looking into Roots organics or build a soil. I know that it's easier to find for some people but for me RO BAS are non existent up here. My choices local are CoM, FF and the black and gold you speak of but I wasn't at all impressed with black and gold coco haven't used their soil though.
I'm thinking RO kush with the happy frog for starter may be the way I'll try out. Someone on here grows with the lush I just don't remember who and can't find it anymore but it was recent they told me about it.

Then you should be able to ship to the store and pickup for free. Might have to call them
It's not available for ship to store on to your house but they want freaking $98 shipping. Lol I did find it on Amazon but only in 2 bag bundles for $90. Soil is difficult man.

I'm thinking RO kush with the happy frog for starter may be the way I'll try out. Someone on here grows with the lush I just don't remember who and can't find it anymore but it was recent they told me about it.
It was @Mozzy using RO lush only :peek:

Back