What is your favorite soil?

_~JAB~_

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
I am looking into some new soil to use. Trying to get away from the Walmart specials. What do you use and why? I would like a soil that feeds the first 3-4 weeks preferably. I have a small list I'm comparing to fits my needs best want to add to it and break it all down!

Roots organic original soil
FF happy frog
Coast of maine

Last edited:
I am looking into some new soil to use. Trying to get away from the Walmart specials. What do you use and why? I would like a soil that feeds the first 3-4 weeks preferably. I have a small list I'm comparing to fits my needs best want to add to it and break it all down!

Roots organic original soil
Promix hp
FF happy frog
Don't forget coast of Maine! They got good dirt!

Appreciate it! Added to my list. Is that what you use?
Started this round cuz sick of Walmart soil too… Bar harbor blend this round. Seems to be doing good so far. Only started feeding at week 5

Started this round cuz sick of Walmart soil too… Bar harbor blend this round. Seems to be doing good so far. Only started feeding at week 5
I'll check that out I'm ordering this time because I don't have any good soils around me but I've been researching roots organics LUSH and that is like a super soil ready to go sounds pretty cool feeds to 8 weeks or more in a 5 gallon.

I am now trying soil (been using coco/perlite for years). Seemingly like you, I want something to get me through the first 3-4 weeks, then start to feed fairly normally. I can't get what I wanted, BioBizz Light. locally and I refuse to pay to ship soil with online orders, so I settled on trying Happy Frog from a local hydro shop. I just made up a 7-gallon fabric bag and ~4 gallon Air-Pot each with sprouted seeds. I added >20% perlite.

Keep in mind, the LUSH soil will be rather hot, perhaps too much for young autos. I don't recall Coast of Maine offering any "light" soils. And I presume the original Roots soil you cite is also a regular vs. light soil.

I am now trying soil (been using coco/perlite for years). Seemingly like you, I want something to get me through the first 3-4 weeks, then start to feed fairly normally. I can't get what I wanted, BioBizz Light. locally and I refuse to pay to ship soil with online orders, so I settled on trying Happy Frog from a local hydro shop. I just made up a 7-gallon fabric bag and ~4 gallon Air-Pot each with sprouted seeds. I added >20% perlite.

Keep in mind, the LUSH soil will be rather hot, perhaps too much for young autos. I don't recall Coast of Maine offering any "light" soils. And I presume the original Roots soil you cite is also a regular vs. light soil.
No, I don’t believe CoM has a “lite” soil it has enough nutes in it to carry a plant to about 5 wks. Not good for seedlings/germing. More for an established (2-3wks old) plant. Actually, this one
IMG_3559.jpeg

Has only had PH 6.3 water for its duration so far… may have to start soon if it shows problems but will wait on that til it’s time I also add about a dry quart of perlite per 5gal soil.

I wanted biobizz light as well but they want $100 with shipping not worth it. That's what made me want to make a list. Lol I thought about the lush being hot for seedlings so I'm going to probably get a bag of happy frog and use that for the seedling stage maybe but I haven't thought it through yet. I am definitely going to try a seedling in the lush though in hopes maybe it isn't to hot.

I'll check that out I'm ordering this time because I don't have any good soils around me but I've been researching roots organics LUSH and that is like a super soil ready to go sounds pretty cool feeds to 8 weeks or more in a 5 gallon.
Lush may not be good for young seedlings… if you are sowing straight to final pot, I would get some seed starter mix, make a good pocket in the lush using a small flower pot 24-32 oz cup size and fill that with seedling mix. That way you can sow to final and your plants roots will not be shocked early on. Essentially letting the roots grow out and mature a bit before hitting all that goodness!

CoM is NOT to hot for auto's, no lite version needed. I bounce back and forth between CoM and FF HF, I been using more HF due to I just never get gnats with it, but I hear I'm lucky, but I must be real lucky cause i have used it alot.

Back