Gnome Automatics White JEM/Black Dragon

Knocking the dust off here as its time to show a freak, something that i didnt think could come out after all this time. It just goes to show that even when you think you have them as close to homozygous as you can, something new can pop out.

This is the F9 offspring that will make the F10's this plant has not sexed yet and it is the most Indica Dom White Jem i have EVER seen. Period and i have grown them for 10 years. I hope that it goes female to see its flowers, but if not and its a male that pollen will be kept.

The fat fans that are spaced at the base say it all to me. That screams indica, most hybs dont have that type of spacing down there where the fingers meet the stem.

full

full

Wow! This geno makes stick's stick swollen. Very nice find my friend.

Still trips me out, when I make S1s. The variations that can show up are amazing at times.

Flipped some MOB S2s three weeks ago, and every geno out of several are all somewhat different. At least one nice potential geno to work with. I will post some pics in the next couple of days in my sub-forum.

Peace.

thats a fine looking F9 sir! Boy or girl, you will certainly have something quite nice!:headbang:

Yeah man, either way it should pass some nice genetics. I really really hope its a girl id love to introduce the ALF to it.

OMG I'm in love! I like em big, I like em wide!

:drool::woohoo::pighug:

Hey man you never know, you could see her too. Like i said i have grown so many of those and never saw that before. Loving the expression it has right now

Wow! This geno makes stick's stick swollen. Very nice find my friend.

Still trips me out, when I make S1s. The variations that can show up are amazing at times.

Flipped some MOB S2s three weeks ago, and every geno out of several are all somewhat different. At least one nice potential geno to work with. I will post some pics in the next couple of days in my sub-forum.

Peace.

:crying::crying::cheers:

thank stick its only taken 10 years to find it. Just hope that its not a major let down. Sometimes as you know they can start off nice and then get to flower and look like dodo. See i havent gone down the road of selfing yet...that is the next step given what i am seeing in the ALF line and this line. Hell this one may be my test test to see what happens. I know that selfing is something that locks in a desired trait that you want or at least help in that arena. So maybe its time to do something about that.

Selfing creates true clones. Although I'll always keep my strains in regular seed for breeding, making some fems for just making bud will be nice too!
Yeah man, either way it should pass some nice genetics. I really really hope its a girl id love to introduce the ALF to it.

Hey man you never know, you could see her too. Like i said i have grown so many of those and never saw that before. Loving the expression it has right now

thank stick its only taken 10 years to find it. Just hope that its not a major let down. Sometimes as you know they can start off nice and then get to flower and look like dodo. See i havent gone down the road of selfing yet...that is the next step given what i am seeing in the ALF line and this line. Hell this one may be my test test to see what happens. I know that selfing is something that locks in a desired trait that you want or at least help in that arena. So maybe its time to do something about that.

Selfing creates true clones. Although I'll always keep my strains in regular seed for breeding, making some fems for just making bud will be nice too!

I agree, and there are getting less and less of reg seed. Most of the stuff that people buy these days are only offered in fem. However there are a few of us left out there that have a plethora (@Son of Hobbes ) of reg beans. I want to fem for two reasons to lock in certain traits and finally offer some gear.

Sometimes as you know they can start off nice and then get to flower and look like dodo. See i havent gone down the road of selfing yet...that is the next step given what i am seeing in the ALF line and this line. Hell this one may be my test test to see what happens. I know that selfing is something that locks in a desired trait that you want or at least help in that arena. So maybe its time to do something about that.

Yea, that is another challenge breeding with autos, and that is the fact that one can not clone them. The only way that I have read that folks 'self' autos is , as I 'm sure you know is to hit a branch or so, with your choice of reversing agents and to 'seed' the rest of the plant, or to 'self' it with the fem pollen from the branch/s that one hit. I have not tried this method myself,and I don't think I ever will, as I have read of too many other breeders doing this and ending up with a high % of hermies.

With the S1s that I have made using photos, one would think that the progeny from the resulting seeds would be just like taking clones from a mother plant. In my experience, this has not been the case. More like F1s. For instance, I made some S1s last year from an Indica dom geno. I planted just two seed from the S1s. One was indy dom, and the other was way more sativa dom. Again this is just my experience.

I agree, and there are getting less and less of reg seed. Most of the stuff that people buy these days are only offered in fem. However there are a few of us left out there that have a plethora (@Son of Hobbes ) of reg beans. I want to fem for two reasons to lock in certain traits and finally offer some gear.
Yes, I agree, one must have lots of reg beans kept alive. That is why I do OP (making m/f) of either land races or almost extinct old school indcicas.

Carry on
Peace

I enjoyed reading this thread its amazing the black dragons and jems this just blows my mind away . 2 hour read but well worth so much history and knowledge throughout ...... keep up the fantastic work:smoking::cheers::pass:

Last edited:
Yea, that is another challenge breeding with autos, and that is the fact that one can not clone them. The only way that I have read that folks 'self' autos is , as I 'm sure you know is to hit a branch or so, with your choice of reversing agents and to 'seed' the rest of the plant, or to 'self' it with the fem pollen from the branch/s that one hit. I have not tried this method myself,and I don't think I ever will, as I have read of too many other breeders doing this and ending up with a high % of hermies.

This is the part that i dont quite have locked down yet. I had a way to pollinate them with female pollen without using any agent. The WJ will show male stamen around 9.5 weeks or so. They will go end of life on you and attempt to create seed, when i first saw this i though that it was stress and then i got to reading about what i was seeing. All i was presented with was life trying to find a way. When i saw this i figured that i might be able to trigger it. With the WJ it does work but i have not attempted to do this in a long time as when i started testing it, i went through some life struggles and was not able to push the test further.

What i discovered was this, we all know that the auto is not light cycle dependent. We do know that you can stress them and they will stunt or herm on you if you are not careful. The one thing that i found was like the end of life cycle, now it did depend on light to trigger but it is also stress applied to the plant. I never got to test the seed as the plant that was carrying them got a bath of bleach and a few other chems from under the sink..ex's....

I always run 18/6 or 20/4 never 24hrs. So i ran the strict light schedule up until the point of bud set. Once the stretch stopped i dropped the light hours. If i was running 18/6 id drop down to 15/9 for about 2 weeks after that i would raise the light hours back up to 20/4 even if the previous weeks were 18/6.. The reason for this was the drastic changes in light schedules. Next thing you know the plants that were in the test started reversing.

The only thing about that method that bothered me was it took stress to trigger that, a lot of it. So i wasnt too sure on what the children would do or if it would just introduce a fucked up gene pool.

Yes, I agree, one must have lots of reg beans kept alive. That is why I do OP (making m/f) of either land races or almost extinct old school indcicas.

Carry on
Peace

exactly regs are needed to either keep something around or to at least start a new cross. Just like the WWxBG i got nothing but males from the BG i took that as a sign that it was ready to go to the next level.

I enjoyed reading this thread its amazing the black dragons and jems this just blows my mind away . 2 hour read but well worth so much history and knowledge throughout ...... keep up the fantastic work:smoking::cheers::pass:

Cheers man and thanks for taking the time to read it. Hang around ive got some new work coming to the table and it should be an interesting suummer:bighug:

Back