Mars Hydro Wild Bill's Fall Grow under the Mars Hydro SP6500

DAY 81
[Sour Stomper X CDLC] x FORUM STOMPER

She's chopped, wet trimmed and in paperbags on the clothes rack inside the small tent in the walk in closet.
I really didn't appreciate exactly how chunky she was! This girl had a huge fat ass! I just couldn't chance drying her whole with how massive her bottom was! I fully wet trimmed all the colas. Even separated, the bottoms on the colas were just too large to let dry as they were. I bucked off the bottom buds to a point I felt comfortable with the remaining cola to safely dry.

I was just gonna let the separated buds dry by themselves, and I did with some buds, but I had some scissor hash. It hit me HARD as hell! So I took enough of those buds with the trim to make a fresh frozen dry ice hash run. This will give me some killer hash and some material for making canna butter from the worked material. We'll see how much hash I get. I may make a couple temple balls and squish the rest. The live rosin should be really flavorful, but so would a temple ball after aging.

I'm pretty sure the early stunting changed this girl's structure. It sure as hell didn't hurt the trichome production!
The last freebie WILL get reversed later this year for sure!

100_0102.JPG
100_0107 (2).JPG

A little prospective
100_0105.JPG
100_0106.JPG

I'm happy with the results!
IMG_20220111_000901128_HDR.jpg

DAY 81
[Sour Stomper X CDLC] x FORUM STOMPER

She's chopped, wet trimmed and in paperbags on the clothes rack inside the small tent in the walk in closet.
I really didn't appreciate exactly how chunky she was! This girl had a huge fat ass! I just couldn't chance drying her whole with how massive her bottom was! I fully wet trimmed all the colas. Even separated, the bottoms on the colas were just too large to let dry as they were. I bucked off the bottom buds to a point I felt comfortable with the remaining cola to safely dry.

I was just gonna let the separated buds dry by themselves, and I did with some buds, but I had some scissor hash. It hit me HARD as hell! So I took enough of those buds with the trim to make a fresh frozen dry ice hash run. This will give me some killer hash and some material for making canna butter from the worked material. We'll see how much hash I get. I may make a couple temple balls and squish the rest. The live rosin should be really flavorful, but so would a temple ball after aging.

I'm pretty sure the early stunting changed this girl's structure. It sure as hell didn't hurt the trichome production!
The last freebie WILL get reversed later this year for sure!

View attachment 1406452View attachment 1406451

A little prospective
View attachment 1406448View attachment 1406447

I'm happy with the results!
View attachment 1406446
:drool:

I think I've learned a good lesson from the problems I had with the Rain Science bags, With the stunting and wet foot early on, I was reluctant to water them like I had done in a prior grow. I just wasn't watering them fully and properly. The things did to get them to 'come around' would have worked, IF I had watered it properly.

I think getting the ThermX wetting agent to use in the newest grow, spurred me to go back to what had worked.

Here's what I went back to doing with the Rain Science bags, with one additional thing.
1. Adding the wetting agent to each water/feed.
2. Top water first with concentrating on the edges first. Apply one round to all the girls to wet the edges well and come back to the first one and give full even coverage.
3. Wait or do other things in the tent for around 20min or so.
4. With 7 gal pot, add two solo cups and with 3 gal add one solo cup to the pot's tray. I gauge how dry it is from how quickly it takes up the water. I stop watering when it stops taking up water after 10 min.
5. Added a layer of pumice in a tray to help getting a wet foot. I swap out the trays when watering and finishing. I may stop that later, once I get it down better. It is a bit messy, but I think it's a good crutch to help me get it dialed in.
6. Got a more reliable moisture meter and went back to muscle memory to verify what the meter says.

ANY additional input/tips is appreciated!

Damn shame I did this to these girls! Since really trying to get the watering down, the girls did respond by fattening up the buds quite dramatically. Still not really saying much, but it does make the point that it's being handled MUCH better!
A positive for Midest Widow, both girls just kept chugging along and didn't hermie from all the stress I put them thru. Not gonna get much, but it will be quality bud. Even Fuge State didn't freak and she it one hell of a frosty chunky MIDGET!

I'll post final pics before I take them down to place the other girls in the 4x4. About 10 days should be fine.

I think I've learned a good lesson from the problems I had with the Rain Science bags, With the stunting and wet foot early on, I was reluctant to water them like I had done in a prior grow. I just wasn't watering them fully and properly. The things did to get them to 'come around' would have worked, IF I had watered it properly.

I think getting the ThermX wetting agent to use in the newest grow, spurred me to go back to what had worked.

Here's what I went back to doing with the Rain Science bags, with one additional thing.
1. Adding the wetting agent to each water/feed.
2. Top water first with concentrating on the edges first. Apply one round to all the girls to wet the edges well and come back to the first one and give full even coverage.
3. Wait or do other things in the tent for around 20min or so.
4. With 7 gal pot, add two solo cups and with 3 gal add one solo cup to the pot's tray. I gauge how dry it is from how quickly it takes up the water. I stop watering when it stops taking up water after 10 min.
5. Added a layer of pumice in a tray to help getting a wet foot. I swap out the trays when watering and finishing. I may stop that later, once I get it down better. It is a bit messy, but I think it's a good crutch to help me get it dialed in.
6. Got a more reliable moisture meter and went back to muscle memory to verify what the meter says.

ANY additional input/tips is appreciated!

Damn shame I did this to these girls! Since really trying to get the watering down, the girls did respond by fattening up the buds quite dramatically. Still not really saying much, but it does make the point that it's being handled MUCH better!
A positive for Midest Widow, both girls just kept chugging along and didn't hermie from all the stress I put them thru. Not gonna get much, but it will be quality bud. Even Fuge State didn't freak and she it one hell of a frosty chunky MIDGET!

I'll post final pics before I take them down to place the other girls in the 4x4. About 10 days should be fine.
I think thermx is a key element no matter what style you grow.
Jeremy has been promoting this as a better solution https://buildasoil.com/products/quillaja-saponaria-extract-powder?_pos=4&_sid=ce64bc862&_ss=r I bought some to try. Just waiting to finish off my Thermx.
I pretty much do #2&3.
With the eb's, I'll do that with a gallon and then I'll feed the rez until runoff for about 5 secs.

I think thermx is a key element no matter what style you grow.
Jeremy has been promoting this as a better solution https://buildasoil.com/products/quillaja-saponaria-extract-powder?_pos=4&_sid=ce64bc862&_ss=r I bought some to try. Just waiting to finish off my Thermx.
I pretty much do #2&3.
With the eb's, I'll do that with a gallon and then I'll feed the rez until runoff for about 5 secs.
I might fill the rez fully if I have a big thirsty girl, but it's good to know it works in the rez without problems.
I'm impressed with ThermX. A little goes a long way and it is very effective. I don't think it would have much impact on the two root systems, but I'll probably just use it once every two weeks or so. The wicking has been fine, I could change that if I can see something attributable to its usage. It will be used every watering/feeding in the RainScience bags though.

Overall, I'm happy with this grow on a couple of points. Naturally, the EB girl's results were great, the smell in the closet is insane with 60*F/60rH. This is the first time I noticed the paper bags 'sweating' the buds. The bags felt ever so slightly moist. Kinda freaked me at first. I guess there's more mass in each bag than I've had in the past. It just ended up with just one cola in each bag, but she wuz chunky.
I got the tent dialed and with the addition of the other tent, I can dial the lung room in with small adjustments when the weather changes. I am running 24/0 now to lessen/eliminate the need for aux heat in the lungroom.

With the addition of the ThermX, I'm pretty sure I'm able to run the RainScience bags and raise some pretty canna. I don't look at it as a crutch. It just increases the efficiency of my watering. It may be more of a pain, but I'll keep the pumice in the bottom of the tray after watering. It's just a bit of insurance, but I'll probably eliminate it sometime during my new grow.

It all comes down to always keep in mind, "Grow to Learn!"
I did win drag racing events when starting out! I don't expect to hit home runs all the time, growing canna, but I'm getting better.
Best of all, I'm having fun!

I'm really impressed with the bud from the latest Meph girl. Even with a quick dry, it's very flavorful. Cured bud is going to be amazing! It's got one hell of a hit too. Really a euphoric quick rush on the hit, builds quite nicely and goes to a nice chill. A VERY balanced high. I wanted to test it this morning, prior to any canna coffee.

Yup! It's the next seed making after this run.

Bud is curing slowly in paper bags.
Gonna make a call to the grocery store and see if they have dry ice in stock. :eyebrows:
Never made hash from this frosty of a girl.

Tomorrow will be two weeks since chop. Buds are still not dry. The walk-in closet has been pretty ideal at 60/60.
With this run, the first few days in the paper bags, the term 'sweating the bud' really made itself evident. You could feel the moisture in the paper bag. I guess it was because of the thickness of the colas, there was actually more mass of bud in each bag than what I've done before. I find it interesting to get early result of drying where I can actually feel the moisture coming out, but still get a nice slow dry. I'm liking drying in paper bags, in a tent and in the walk-in.
Hopefully the current grow will be fruitful, but I will have to get a bit creative. I will still use the paper bags for sure

Back