Yellow and crispy

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
Crispy leaves.
This is a Big Bud auto from Captain Redbeard at 71 days.

I don't think I've ever had such a crispy looking plant yet still too many clear trichomes.

Have you experienced this?

I pulled off some of the most yellow and crispiest leaves.

I will add that these leaves started yellowing heavily in these last 2 weeks.
20240103_080811.jpg
20240103_081806.jpg
20240103_081835.jpg

What are you feeding? :pass:
Soil grow Happy Frog. I usually use Coco Loco but they didn't have it locally. I'll never go back to Happy Frog.

Anyway I amended the lower half with dep blend from tea lab. I gave them earthworm compost tea I brewed and also gave them flower I gave him flower oriented teas with a flower started coming on. I supplemented with Cal Mag and others. See pics.

In all my grows I've never experienced this and I've basically used the same feeding formula.

I pH'ed in the low 6 range.

20240103_092157.jpg
20240103_092206.jpg

If I had to take a wild guess, maybe excess K is locking out N and Calmg…..View attachment 1657132

You’ve got a whole lot of PK going on in those pictures….
I've been using them relatively sparingly and didn't start the Cal Mag until about 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for that chart.

Honestly, I wouldn’t go chasing any deficiencies at this point. I would try to just limp them over the finish line…..probably ease back on any extras, just come up with a mild feed that will get them there.
I'm thinking just plain pH'ed to water at this point?
I do have quite a few cloudy trichs but a little too many clear and almost zero amber.

Soil grow Happy Frog. I usually use Coco Loco but they didn't have it locally. I'll never go back to Happy Frog.

Anyway I amended the lower half with dep blend from tea lab. I gave them earthworm compost tea I brewed and also gave them flower I gave him flower oriented teas with a flower started coming on. I supplemented with Cal Mag and others. See pics.

In all my grows I've never experienced this and I've basically used the same feeding formula.

I pH'ed in the low 6 range.

View attachment 1657129View attachment 1657130
I've always used HF, it's great for the initial 4/5 weeks but peters out after that then usually start in with the MC 1 part/ epsom feeding. My first grow the plants got somewhat like that and MoG clued me in on putting the CalMag up on the shelf and leaving it there. Been so much better since then. Current grow has a couple plants that look similar but I'm at the end of a year long test of reusing the same HF and just amending with Osmocote+..... think 6 to 8 months is the best to get away with that method before replacing.

Back