Leaf edges yellowing

Cannaficionado

Novice
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
View attachment 20220911_094505.jpg

Its hard to see but if you zoom in you'll see a lot of growth in the middle of the plant has leaf edges starting to yellow, in person its much mor visible, also on some the flesh between veins is starting to yellow

Leaning toward magnesium deficiency. But I wanted to see what everyone thought. Might just be over thinking it. But the yellowing has been getting worse over the past 2 weeks.

Started as tips on some of my older fan leaves turning a splotcht yellow and now the newer growth has the entire edges of some leaves starting to yellow. Most noticeable is on that smaller fan leave in the dead center of the pic

Tent & soil conditions

Temp 72-75 with lights on 65-70 lights off
Rh is usually somewhere in the 50s with lights on and gets up to 65% lights off

Soil ph with slurry test is 6.3. Tds meter broke havent gotten another

Ffof soil on week 6 of this grow

Last edited:
I've looked hard at it. But, this sort of thing is far above my ability. I know the FFOF has a lot of nutrients in it so I would have trouble knowing what to suggest. What kind of water are you using?

I've looked hard at it. But, this sort of thing is far above my ability. I know the FFOF has a lot of nutrients in it so I would have trouble knowing what to suggest. What kind of water are you using?
Im just using bottled distilled water. I temp it and ph check it just to be sure before watering but I do hardly ever water this stuff holds on to water for a long time.

Im also at a complete loss on how often and how much I should be watering. I wait until the pot is light as hell amd I give a small pre water of a quarter gallon, then I give until I see runoff

Looks ok to me. Maybe looks a little over watered but don't panic. Spray the plant with some water mixed with a spoon of epsom salts to help with what looks like a very slight mag deficiency. I've never used ffof and never will even if it was available. I'm a huge advocate for only using mineral nutrients for autos. They grow so fast they need shit immediately

The lowers will droop first when plant is thirsty then tops.

You could always try to foliar with some epsom salt. Over watering will cause drooping. You want plant in praying position

You could always try to foliar with some epsom salt. Over watering will cause drooping. You want plant in praying position
Its very rarely like that. Maybe 1 day a week. Trying not to give it too much water. Ive only watered it a total of 4 times since I planted it and each time I gave less than a gallon except this last time cuz it took forever to run out.

View attachment 1512423

Its hard to see but if you zoom in you'll see a lot of growth in the middle of the plant has leaf edges starting to yellow, in person its much mor visible, also on some the flesh between veins is starting to yellow

Leaning toward magnesium deficiency. But I wanted to see what everyone thought. Might just be over thinking it. But the yellowing has been getting worse over the past 2 weeks.

Started as tips on some of my older fan leaves turning a splotcht yellow and now the newer growth has the entire edges of some leaves starting to yellow. Most noticeable is on that smaller fan leave in the dead center of the pic

Tent & soil conditions

Temp 72-75 with lights on 65-70 lights off
Rh is usually somewhere in the 50s with lights on and gets up to 65% lights off

Soil ph with slurry test is 6.3. Tds meter broke havent gotten another

Ffof soil on weel 6 of this grow
Heres some better pics to show what I was talking about better

20220911_182018.jpg

Attachments

• 20220911_182101.jpg
    20220911_182101.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
What size is your pot. You said you've only watered 4 times since planted..does your pot have drain holes in the bottom. Water less more often.. and it's time to feed some nutes. Give a balanced feed of micro, grow and bloom. Follow feed recommendations from manufacturer at 1/4 strength for a while and see how they react. Don't feed every watering. Water, water feed... Don't water to runoff unless your trying to flush, that's for coco..cheers mate..good luck.

FF soils are usually good for 3 to 5 weeks before needing nutes.....if your at 6 weeks with just water, then........

Back