Indoor kfigerm tries his best

Good to see you back up and running in those Pyramids! Hope you are feeling back on form after the covid germ
Take care
Z

day 9 think different, day 4 wedding cake
hi @Zaaboot , ya, I'm back, still not completely recovered, but I'm fine.
I'm lurking the forums a bit, but I'm not too much replying/socializing atm, just not the mood.
I was calculating like hell to get some healthy values for my nutes, but there's always an extreme excess on K or an abysmal lack of N or P depending on the mix.
If the pyramids work as expect, I should be good with making the mix for needed N and P ratio and let the K excess be expelled by the pyramid to salt. Theory to be falsified. Either the pyramid works out or the plants will suffer big problems from too much K.
We'll see.

Still everything is fine, a little pale but growing.
2022-12-08-205837_002.jpeg

tiny wedding cake in the front seems intimidated by the 5 days older think different. I hope she will strike back.

Cheers!

day 13 think different, day 8 wedding cake
a cold monday, but the ladies feel fine.
Nothing to do yet, but to keep them moist and cozy
but watch the difference from the td day 9 (last post) and the wc in the front day 8...a slow little sucker it is.
2022-12-12-201212_002.jpeg

but no one will be left behind and i am in good faith.
ppfd 600, dli (20h) 43, 22°C rh 60+% atm
To my nutes...been doing a lot of math and matrices and additions and hopefully found some mix to go with.

For anyone interested, I am using Advanced hydroponics of Holland 3-part nutes with the new formula. They should work fine with their recipe but I am going to add some things to better suit the plan and save money in the long run.
If i further on refer to N in my mix, I am talking about a stock solution I made myself from a cheap 23% N3%Mg Fertilizer and adjusted it to 5%.
I have to find a P source still for the boost, for now i have some old bloom formula around with pk 5 3 that will used.
K is always over the top, but for now with the N addition in this stage in better range.
feed EC 700 Ahoh gmb 2-1-1-0,8N (11-7-24 comes to 16-7-23 with the N addition)
not much to add, but that made them greener already.

Cheers!

for the nerdy ones interested on what i base my calculations on or those who want to do the calc themselves, here is what my base values are

bloom part
2022-12-12-221504_002.jpeg

micro part
2022-12-12-221504_003.jpeg

grow part
2022-12-12-221504_004.jpeg

interestingly the weight values don't vary very much, so that comes in handy for an easy and quick calc, but as i have the decimal percentages and the exact weight per litre, I can do the math more exact.
The calculator then takes the particles weight into account to calc the exact ppm
Link to calculator is old, but some guys may not know. I rely on it and do the calc with any fertalizer I can get hands on.

Once you have them, the "wizardry" is done and playing around starts.

Cheers!.

day 20 think different, day 15 wedding cake
so, another Monday,

the Girls are fine, except...the pyramids couldn't feed what wasn't in there. Raising the lights' power and not having enough Ca in the mix results in spots on the leaves. I forgot to add the quarter tap water, so the damage was done. But as it reacts to adding things fast, all went well.

I also calculated the ppm of my nutes with the use of openai to doublecheck my results. Lets see how that plays out.
I now feed them somewhere between EC 800 and 1200 every other day with 2g-2m-1b-3N. Yep crazy N lack in this stage. Don't understand that, that's why I checked the calc so often. But even "wrong" calcs have a lack.
So my conclusion is for now, the "dutch formula" is made for tap water full of cow-pee. Or there's some magic, perhaps in the chelate. I'll see if there's an N excess someday.

Back to the ladies,
TD: I toppet one and tried to fim one :cools:
A little lst to the diagonal of the branches
Nothing else.

WC: not really catching up, but hanging in it. C'mon girl!

In the front is a little guest. An unknown photo-cutting that i keep for a friend over the next weeks, so you may see her veg also.
The cutting still has only very little roots an I'll just feed it with rhizotonic as long it keeps being that green.
2022-12-19-180349_002.jpeg

Cheers!

day 27 think different, day 22 wedding cake
It is Monday and still time to wish everybody a happy Christmas!

The unexpected happened. The TD are somehow stunted, but the WC catches up nicely very fast.
Still something goes wrong with the nutes. Not so sure - it can also be the recycled pyramids are perhapfs off PH. To smooth this out i now feed them really daily.
TD in the back, WC takes the front row. little photo cutting on the front rights still rooting.
2022-12-26-135732_002.jpeg

Perhaps there is also a battle for food, or the moss on the pyramids messes with PH or moist. Too many variables again.
But it looks so nice and clean. So I share some pics.
What would you tell me to do? Scrape it off, or let it be there?
2022-12-26-135732_003.jpeg

2022-12-26-135732_004.jpeg
2022-12-26-135732_005.jpeg
2022-12-26-135732_006.jpeg

I really like the looks and it keeps the pyramids more moist. But actually I don't know if it does harm or if it is even beneficial.
To me it at least indicates there is not too much N - that correlates well with the nutes i gave in standard schedule in the beginning.
But perhaps the pyramids can't dry off enough and the whole process works suboptimal. What do I know.

Cheers!

day 34 think different, day 29 wedding cake
The forth Monday in this grow is soon through here, and there is nothing special to report.
Like I assumed before, the girls are somehow stunted. I decided the moss is not beneficial, so I removed it where I could.
I think all that was too moist due to the moss covering the pyramid.
I feed all the girls now with a mix of 3-3-6-2 gmbN which should be NPK 8-11-16.- but stopped feeding daily and now let dry out a little, until there is just little/no more moss left.

The prior run was much better, but they keep growing. Perhaps I also hit them too early whith too much light, it is also the first run with this light. So the future will tell. But it is still not over.

So here's a pic of the little basterds. the td already bud up with very little internodial distance.
2023-01-02-174928_002.jpeg

did not top the wc, there's stress enough and they are so tiny, they have plenty of space left.

Cheers!

Back