Indoor kfigerm tries his best

Thanks again!

I am still on my way with the nutes but I more and more trust my calculations on them. Next grow with completely fresh pyramids and hopefully right nute mix from the beginning will show.
I wouldn' do hydro any more. Learned really all about the nutes the hard way back then, wanted to go hempy and then came those pyramids...and its a hell of an ease...would never go back and do the hassle again. If you read most, you got a glance of what this "medium" does...and it really fits to my overall lazines.

But I just experience some unpleasant things due to my setup again..nothing done wrong, but the pyramids cought some mold I am working on...this was result of leaving the moss on ans scratching it off...mistake made, lesson learned.

Cheers!

day 62 think different, day 56 wedding cake
Hello,

last week was not fine. Have gotten some mold problems on the pyramids. Reusing them like i did is not good. For recycling them i need to do it more properly. The ground laying problem was to not prevent the moss. Should have kept it clean. Died off moss was a feast for mold.
Now I am fighting it with fire..whats better to turn biomatter to minerals again - first i slightly spray to prevent spores flying off, then i cook/burn it off ;-) and the pyramids allow this treatment. I keep rh below 50% now.
And one cought some spider mites, but that will do no more harm, they are gone already. They spread fast so there are many scars on the smalles one.
The feeding is on schedule with some variation...

overview

2023-01-30-151343_009.jpeg

the think different ladies both go on 15-15 pk (upped K a bit) at ec 1100 - as soon the wedding cake is finished with N they only get the rest of her.

the smallest one was raided by spidermites and leaftips go off - no lower leaves left, because it was far to dense weeks ago, so they look a little worn.
But you see how buddy she is from the lower up, from stem upwards. Not looking too bad.

2023-01-30-151343_008.jpeg

2023-01-30-151343_006.jpeg

2023-01-30-151343_004.jpeg

the td in the back looks nice and healthy - remember i cut those leaftips also days ago on purpose - too dense also due to skipped stretch..you see the mold on the pyramid. She is also stacked directly from the stem up.
2023-01-30-151343_007.jpeg

2023-01-30-151343_002.jpeg

and the wedding cake still budding up - next cleanup will be done at the end of this week.
she is at EC 1800 and I upped K in the mix - 5-15-15
2023-01-30-151343_005.jpeg

So heading into week ten will bring me some uneasiness and close watching.
Still I am very pleased how all is going.

Cheers and have a nice week!

Hello I don't know if this is relevant I got mould on my rain science bags when I first started using them which I did not like as I grow in coco now I put H202 at a 1ml/Ltr every feed no mould at all and the plants love the little bit more oxygen they get so it's a win win situation. It might keep the the moss of your pyramids as well just a thought

jap, already thinking about it. The next grow will be with all new pyramids, perhaps I'll add some...but i use mycos as well and don't want to do them harm, and if i feed it and the moss is there and "burning" off also, theres even more matter for hiding spores...so not so sure
But definitley spraying that would be a good idea! Typing helps thinking, Thanks for that!
Had it in mind, but you made me think about the appropriate application to do least harm and still work out.
Thanks pushing me onto it!...wheres the h2o2...afk

Maybe an enzyme like Hydroguard would help keep them clean?

likely. The thing is to keep it clean at first. They were outside last grow and i recycled them. Put them wetted in the microwave and hoped the moss and all would be dead, but it grew very fast back. Moss is interesting too, it was 3 months completely dry befor the start, and then heated,...still alive. and then when acted on it, all was setup for the mold. For future grows i totally avoid that.

Hello,

last week was not fine. Have gotten some mold problems on the pyramids. Reusing them like i did is not good. For recycling them i need to do it more properly. The ground laying problem was to not prevent the moss. Should have kept it clean. Died off moss was a feast for mold.
Now I am fighting it with fire..whats better to turn biomatter to minerals again - first i slightly spray to prevent spores flying off, then i cook/burn it off ;-) and the pyramids allow this treatment. I keep rh below 50% now.
And one cought some spider mites, but that will do no more harm, they are gone already. They spread fast so there are many scars on the smalles one.
The feeding is on schedule with some variation...

overview

View attachment 1560586

the think different ladies both go on 15-15 pk (upped K a bit) at ec 1100 - as soon the wedding cake is finished with N they only get the rest of her.

the smallest one was raided by spidermites and leaftips go off - no lower leaves left, because it was far to dense weeks ago, so they look a little worn.
But you see how buddy she is from the lower up, from stem upwards. Not looking too bad.

View attachment 1560587
View attachment 1560589
View attachment 1560591

the td in the back looks nice and healthy - remember i cut those leaftips also days ago on purpose - too dense also due to skipped stretch..you see the mold on the pyramid. She is also stacked directly from the stem up.
View attachment 1560588
View attachment 1560592

and the wedding cake still budding up - next cleanup will be done at the end of this week.
she is at EC 1800 and I upped K in the mix - 5-15-15
View attachment 1560590

So heading into week ten will bring me some uneasiness and close watching.
Still I am very pleased how all is going.

Cheers and have a nice week!
They look good to me! Mold isn't always a bad thing (in your substrate at least) and if you're using mycos you're introducing them anyways! I wouldn't stress too much about it as it's not the same sort that causes bud rot from what I can see. I'm typically thrilled to find mold blooms on my soil!
1000006166.jpg

day 69 think different, day 63 wedding cake
Since last Monday there wasn't too much going on. Still fighting the mold on the pyramids, and the spidermites came back, some were still around that the predator mites didn't catch, or they were reintroduced by me. Still only the front plant is infected, she's suffering hard.
Must give her a good wash and then perhaps it's time this time for a watercure on her, she's gonna be harsh anyway. And i havent got a press or alike. Perhaps some of her finds the way into some gummy bears. who knows.
Besides that all is going along smoothly. Nothing changed in the nute mix, except for a little more Nand K for the wedding cake. RH at ~46%.

Here are the pics...the small infected in the front doesn't deserve her own shot, perhaps a nice budshot later, but she needs some make up.

2023-02-06-180149_006.jpeg

td in the back, you can see the mold on the pyramid. Where i burnt it it's gone, but now killing the moss and eating it up.
2023-02-06-180149_004.jpeg

2023-02-06-180149_003.jpeg

wc canopy - she got some cleanup some days ago
2023-02-06-180149_002.jpeg

Have a nice week!
Cheers!

spidermites took over
here to document the misery. I will put her out early, cos I can't get any more predators, and the last were frozen thanks to postal lags.
I am still lucky, cos theres little infection on the others, so i try to rise rh to slow them down. Once more in a trap - mites or mold. Hope i can go through.
So here the misery
2023-02-10-142603_002.jpeg

2023-02-10-142603_003.jpeg

no need of a dark background, this pic sucks enough.

Happy Weekend and...

Cheers!

day 76 think different, day 70 wedding cake
So the last week was busier than i wanted it to be. The mites ate number one and they got drowned in water and are now being washed off and then all undergoing a watercure. she branches were nice and fat and every one was a cola from stem to top...so top yield for the size, but perhaps I won't have a weight for her. PErhaps I'll take some pics of her diving mission.

Speaking of pics...hoping I can work it out to maintain mold and mites at a minimum, perhaps all will be fine for the left over two ladies.

the two with some distance..the td also has some mite scars on the lower leaves :-/ Still will be a week for sure.
The wedding cake hast to survive at least for two weeks.
Both look nice, too dense and small, but fat.

2023-02-13-190515_005.jpeg

the think different with all her leafs and tails
2023-02-13-190515_002.jpeg

heres a closeup of a cola
2023-02-13-190515_004.jpeg

this is "oldschool" genetics from 2013...still like it so much :cool: - will be hard to replace her as a reference, but i have those lots of runtz auto seeds now and no more td.

wedding cake still budding up and doing her thing
2023-02-13-190515_003.jpeg

so that's that for this last week.
Next week will be even more boring - there will be no monday for me. So perhaps next pics look much worse or show one nice harvest and a really fat wedding cake....keepr your fingers crossed please.

Cheers!

Back