Indoor MasonJar’s Indoor Adventure

Day 51
IMG_5432.jpeg

Red spectrum only

In my thread pages 476 n 736 I done a couple of far red recipe grows from start to finish. You probably read them before maybe you'd like to go back and read them again. To see some of the out comes that I came up with.
I’m going to have to check those pages. My wife took the photo and had dimmed the lighting when watering.

I’m going to have to check those pages. My wife took the photo and had dimmed the lighting when watering.
Right on.
The first page in the 400s that was a test between blue and red. So that I used red or a 3000k 315 cmh bulb on one plant throughout flowing and I used more UV but not extreme a 41k bulb like a regular veg bulb. So it has more blue light than red. Were a normal flowering bulb has more red in it. So this test was before I had the far red LEDs bars. This test found me to have more yield with the far red technology by 30 g over the blue technology. That was definitely a win but the bud in the red test had a slightly less flavor and slightly less tighter buds and slightly less off color. Where the blue head slightly better flavor arguably tighter buds harder more dank and more color.
The second test is where I used far red in 730 nanometer range and a 3000k 315 cmh from the very beginning in the vegetative state. Then changed the lighting at week 5 to a 41k cmh with the far red LEDs still on too. At week 7 added10K UV bulb at 2 hours a day in15 minute increments. Which came out with some very Superior bud. It really did. The buds on those girls were very dank very gooey and everything had a lot of flavor. as well as increased my yield of AAA flower. The whole UV thing makes the plant think it's under attack and has to defend itself. The plant it's got to send out defense mechanisms and the defense mechanisms are this case happened to be a tighter bud and more trench (greasy) and darker leaves because those are defense mechanisms of the cannabis plant.

The red LEDs in the veg state causes the plant to think that it's in the shade and the branches grow longer the plants paler and he creates more Bud sites. When you use a higher blue spectrum in the beginning the plant will stay short and squatty.

Reference Dr Bugsby YouTube. You'll find some fascinating professional educational cannabis studies done by a man that's done horticulture for NASA and funded by NASA for like 40 years now. He's been studying cannabis plants as of 2000 I think 18 or 19. At Utah State University. And also he has a company called apogee industries that makes light and photon detection devices. pretty cool stuff.

Right on.
The first page in the 400s that was a test between blue and red. So that I used red or a 3000k 315 cmh bulb on one plant throughout flowing and I used more UV but not extreme a 41k bulb like a regular veg bulb. So it has more blue light than red. Were a normal flowering bulb has more red in it. So this test was before I had the far red LEDs bars. This test found me to have more yield with the far red technology by 30 g over the blue technology. That was definitely a win but the bud in the red test had a slightly less flavor and slightly less tighter buds and slightly less off color. Where the blue head slightly better flavor arguably tighter buds harder more dank and more color.
The second test is where I used far red in 730 nanometer range and a 3000k 315 cmh from the very beginning in the vegetative state. Then changed the lighting at week 5 to a 41k cmh with the far red LEDs still on too. At week 7 added10K UV bulb at 2 hours a day in15 minute increments. Which came out with some very Superior bud. It really did. The buds on those girls were very dank very gooey and everything had a lot of flavor. as well as increased my yield of AAA flower. The whole UV thing makes the plant think it's under attack and has to defend itself. The plant it's got to send out defense mechanisms and the defense mechanisms are this case happened to be a tighter bud and more trench (greasy) and darker leaves because those are defense mechanisms of the cannabis plant.

The red LEDs in the veg state causes the plant to think that it's in the shade and the branches grow longer the plants paler and he creates more Bud sites. When you use a higher blue spectrum in the beginning the plant will stay short and squatty.

Reference Dr Bugsby YouTube. You'll find some fascinating professional educational cannabis studies done by a man that's done horticulture for NASA and funded by NASA for like 40 years now. He's been studying cannabis plants as of 2000 I think 18 or 19. At Utah State University. And also he has a company called apogee industries that makes light and photon detection devices. pretty cool stuff.
I’ve talked with others who swear by the 10k bulb for that last few weeks of flower. I had the 3500k cobs and a 41k cmh and got prettier y good results. I see what you mean about the flower spectrum during veg. The autowrecks are really stretched out and they were younger plants when I switched flower on with the veg. I’ll have to find some time and do some more reading on you page and that dudes studies.

The real test is going to be running vanilla latte, methane or spotless mind under the new lighting. I have previous multiple runs under the old lighting, as well as outdoors and will be able to compare yield and flavor profiles.

Day 57
IMG_4243.jpeg
Had to do some defoliation today. The 7 gal are kicking ass and total bushes. The standout on terps today was the @Jean-O Blue Dawg. The chem was oozing out your nice. Also very nice structure and lots of bud sites.

The autowrecks are king of stringier but they are younger and looks like the flower band on the lighting was too soon for them.

Definitely shouldn’t run more than 4-5 7gal containers. The 3 additional 3gals are just to cramped. They are okay because of the trimming down to about 4-6 branches on the autowrecks.

I also added in 3-7 Tspn (1 per gal of soil) of Roots organic Terp tea bloom booster and about 1 gal of new soil on top to the rice hulls to each pot.
IMG_4240.jpeg

My little side project a allinone bag of steel magnolias.

@Jean-O well the Blue Dawg doesn’t like additional nutrients and burn’s easily.

@Jean-O well the Blue Dawg doesn’t like additional nutrients and burn’s easily

Back