Grow Room First PC grow: Russian Rocket Fuel (rebooted)

Peter Wiggins

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
First grow in a PC case (take two)

First off, I want to say thank you to Herbal.Experience for providing an excellent template to a journal and also for encouraging me to continue making journals.

strain:
Short Stuff Russian Rocket Fuel F2

Bank:
Homegrown seeds from my first grow

soil:
70/30 Coco-coir/Perlite

nutrients:
Full line of General Hydroponics (maxi powders and all of their supplementals)

mix spectrum light option:
(4) 6500k 23w cfl - vegetative
(4) 2700k 23w cfl - flowering

pc case dimensions:
- inside: 8.25"w x 19.5"h (from the lights) x 17"d (approximate)

germination process:
soak until they sink with a tap of the glass then straight to the first and final container

- container is 7x7x8 inches
- i am uncertain what my total volume is to be quite honest. I think i am approximately in the 1.3L range though

----

I have been experimenting with germ rates and times to sprout on my F2's and have had about a 80% germ rate on b grade seeds and a sprout time of 2 days or less.

----

I expect to see some sprouts in 2 days time from now.

----

thoughts.comments.questions always welcome.

----

Side note: This is take two on this grow because I started out using a small bag of Happy Frog that wound up being contaminated with root aphids. After consulting the community, I decided to go on ahead and start over since I was day 6 into grow and it was just a bad way to start. So, I have gone back to what I have been gaining a great deal of experience with which is the coco medium. I personally love the stuff because it fits my grow style of checking in on my plant 1-2 times a day. Coco is a very airy substance and it requires constant watering. Something that the breeder of this strain highly recommends as a dry plant is one that is not able to grow constantly. Coco provides a good balance between the issues of daily watering and over-watering. I have in fact found that coco is nearly impossible to over-water.

Also, I am having some heat issues with the fans that came with this particuliar case. I am working on that problem. It should be fixed by the end of the week.
----

some pics from the first take

View attachment 163531View attachment 163532View attachment 163534

oh i like this.

glad you started a journal bro.

will be keeping my eye on this -- as i love following/reading micro grows!

goodluck and happy growing!

:pop:

thanks for stopping by H.B. I will post again when I have some sprouts.

Looks great man im doing a pc grow myself my g13 pinapple express just broke soil today. I cant wait to see how your grow turns out.

Looking nice:thumbs: Sub'd :pop: What helped me with pc grows was more air going out than coming in. Also it helps to have a fan (one of the intake fans you have) blowing across the lights to cool them and move around the heat that collects over the light :toke::peace:

I checked my seeds today and one is beginning to put a root out and the other had not cracked its shell, i gave that one a gentle squeeze to help it along and put it back into the soil. it was forming a root from what i saw when i cracked it so, it is fine and will probably pop up about 12 hours after the first one does.

with the new fans i have coming, i will have far more air out than coming in. the new top fan is a 4000RPM fan. if i had to guess from the amperage i saw on the current fans, they are running at about 1200RPM's the other two out fans i have coming are 2500 RPM so, i will be running negative pressure for sure. I am actually running negative right now but, only marginally since it is three fans out and 2 fans in all at 1200 RPMS approx.

i am looking forward to these fans arriving, the are only a week late at this point. =/ erggggg i guess it is somewhat of a blessing that i had to toss the soil and the old sprouts since the case is getting to about 93f 2inches under the lights. now at least i will stay at nominal from start to finish.

I noticed the same thing about the air over the lights! I put a white envelope between the lights and the groove over the intake fans and it lowered the tamps a great deal. plus, it meant more reflection closer to the bulbs which is always a plus.

on a side note, the only one of my germination test series that i allowed to live has been outside for the last 25 days and it is showing calyx's. its in MG and it is looking fine as hell. It is organic MG though, I am going to start feeding it maxibloom as soon as it is dry enough to do so. That might be some time though because i did not ammend it at all and the soil is practically a super dense sponge in terms of texture and density

MG = miracle grow??

if so then i wouldnt want to use that soil -- read so much bad things about the time release fertz (will burn plants)

but i dont know if the organic is different or not.

got any pics my friend?

it was a bag of organic Miracle Grow and it was amazingly OMRI rated. so, no time released ferts. I am one to turn my nose up at MG as well. this particuliar container had marigolds in it prior to having the bean put in it. ironically, the marigolds did terribly in it and of all the containers and mediums i planted test beans in outside, the MG container with no perlite did the best of all. again, i am just as disgusted at the idea of growing with MG as most folks but for the sake of being scientific I did it anyways. By scientific, i mean lazy and unwilling to clean out the container lol.

thar she blows!

Nice choice of strain! :thumbs: grown a few of these out, nice potent smoke had one sat dom that was very diesel fuel smell!! :)

Back