Live Stoners First ever grow - Northern Lights by Royal Queen Seeds

aninooo

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Im new here and just doing first grow.
I was just wondering if its time to defoliate my plants as theyre getting really bushy and a lot of the lower new growth is covered by the canopy.

I am only on day 24 from seed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240130_151137~2.jpg
    20240130_151137~2.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if its time to defoliate my plants as theyre getting really bushy and a lot of the lower new growth is covered by the canopy.

Thanks!
Are you using an app like photone to know how much light they are getting? Are these autos? Im assuming photoperiod by how short they are. You can defoliate if you want to but there isnt much there to get rid of. Try turning your light down a bit. Maybe just 20% and let them stretch out a bit. They look healthy, just very squat except that one in the back on the left, that one has very nice internodal spacing, which leads me to believe the others are getting all the light they need plus a bit more.

Are you using an app like photone to know how much light they are getting? Are these autos? Im assuming photoperiod by how short they are. You can defoliate if you want to but there isnt much there to get rid of. Try turning your light down a bit. Maybe just 20% and let them stretch out a bit. They look healthy, just very squat except that one in the back on the left, that one has very nice internodal spacing, which leads me to believe the others are getting all the light they need plus a bit more.
Thank you! Its all making sense now. And they are autoflowers. I was using the app and they were getting around 800-900 ppfd which is too much i think. So i think you're 100%. Unfortunately my light doesnt have a dimmer. Only a switch for veg and switch for bloom and they were both turned on. So i just turned off the bloom light.

Last edited:
Thank you! Its all making sense now. And yes they are autoflowers.
Yeah I believe your light is right at the top end of what the plants can take. Lots of blue light will keeo the internodal spacing tight, which isnt bad. Can just be a pain to train and trim after harvest

If your light doesn't have a dimmer just raise the height till you get to the 400-500ppfd. Can you run bloom and veg at the same time?

Yeah I believe your light is right at the top end of what the plants can take. Lots of blue light will keeo the internodal spacing tight, which isnt bad. Can just be a pain to train and trim after harvest

If your light doesn't have a dimmer just raise the height till you get to the 400-500ppfd. Can you run bloom and veg at the same time?
I can run it at the same time thats what ive been doing. I think thats what caused them not to grow. But i could lift the light further up and turn both on. Maybe Ill try that as well.

So i just lifted the light all the way and turned both switches on. This is what im getting at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_152403_PPFD Meter.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_152403_PPFD Meter.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 20
Should be ok, the addition of bloom or red light will help elongate the distance between nodes. Keep any eye on it though. Also make sure you switch to the light style you're using. Full spec LEDs
oh man, didnt even realize i was on the natural light option. Its getting around 350 now that I switched it to led 3000k which is what I have I believe. Im going to leave it as it is and see how the plants react. Thanks for your help!!!

Hello everyone,

Thanks!
they look very healthy to me my friend also are they in soil or coco as try not to let them dry out completely and you should be proud

they look very healthy to me my friend also are they in soil or coco as try not to let them dry out completely and you should be proud
They are in the CocoLoco mix. I started adding nutes and CalMag about a week ago at 1/3rd of the recommended dose. And Thank you brother I am excited for this as its my first grow ever.

Back