Indoor $1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

$1.50 Seed Grow! Are cheap seeds worthwhile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm curious to know from the people who voted no, why they did so. Not to start a big debate as this is a test thread, but I've spent a lot of money on genetics that were a complete disappointment, so I'm wondering why inexpensive = possible crap.
My JAH seeds had one of the fasted germination, most robust growth and high female to male ratio of anything else I've grown so far. I'm not sure about the stability of phenotype as I'd have to grow out more batches, but as a home grower I'm satisfied so far. That's why I'm eager to see your results on these genetics Pops. You're also a hardcore skeptic like me :crying:

One is up and the other should in a few days, it had a radicle when I planted her. I had the pry the seed shell of her last night. She's starting to get some green color.

Attachments

• Blueberry auto seedling pic1 -2-21-2019.jpg
    Blueberry auto seedling pic1 -2-21-2019.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 218
What people don't seem to know is that the seed of several popluar " breeders" are not grown by them, sometimes not h=even bred by them! They hire others to do it for them. There are a good many commercial seed growing companies that sell on the side as "bulk" seeds. You may be paying $15 for the same seed I got for $1.50! Now I'm not saying all do, we know specialty growers like Mephisto does almost all their own work. The problem with some sources of cheap seeds is they maybe be old left over stock someone else sold off at a huge discount to another seedbank, etc. The key is finding a reliable source, which is part of the point of this grow.

That and the fact that I'd quit growing before I'd pay $20+ for a SEED!

I'm curious to know from the people who voted no, why they did so. Not to start a big debate as this is a test thread, but I've spent a lot of money on genetics that were a complete disappointment, so I'm wondering why inexpensive = possible crap.
My JAH seeds had one of the fasted germination, most robust growth and high female to male ratio of anything else I've grown so far. I'm not sure about the stability of phenotype as I'd have to grow out more batches, but as a home grower I'm satisfied so far. That's why I'm eager to see your results on these genetics Pops. You're also a hardcore skeptic like me :crying:

:cheers::pass::d5:

I was curious about why the negative votes as well. I have grown bagseed that produced ounces of quality bud and did not cost me a dime.

I was curious about why the negative votes as well. I have grown bagseed that produced ounces of quality bud and did not cost me a dime.

Perhaps some of our resident vendor reps took a gander at this thread, cough cough. J/K, obviously we love our vendors and thank them for really making AFN shine - but I'm sure a lot of them don't want to see high quality $1 seeds

Update:

Good news! the second seed sprouted yesterday! Now two seeds do not make a germination test either way, but still nice to see them sprout! The first to sprout is looking good and is a few days from transplant now. Auto pots are waiting!

Blueberry autos pic1 -2-26-2019.jpg

Back