New Grower 2x Blue Amnesia XXL; 2x HLG 135W v2 Quantum Board LEDs

You see how the tops of the plants are a lighter green than the rest of the lower plant. that is an indication for micro nutrient and maybe calcium deficiency and overall hungry I would be sure to add some kelp and humic acid along with 600 PPM feeding. Move into the bloom cycle on the nutrients schedule. If you don't have kelp and humic acid you could just get some Earth Juice MicroBlast.

Thanks pal! I’m always iffy on the Cal-Mag on account of the Pro-Mix having dolomite lime. I’ll increase my feeds closer to 600ppm. I also do have some GH humic acid that can be used both as a foliar spray and in irrigation solution. Is one method better than the other?

Thanks pal! I’m always iffy on the Cal-Mag on account of the Pro-Mix having dolomite lime. I’ll increase my feeds closer to 600ppm. I also do have some GH humic acid that can be used both as a foliar spray and in irrigation solution. Is one method better than the other?
Just soil is good. You want a 5 parts humic acid to 2 parts kelp. You really need the broad spectrum of the kelp.

Just soil is good. You want a 5 parts humic acid to 2 parts kelp. You really need the broad spectrum of the kelp.

If I’m mixing them like that, I assume you mean liquid kelp? And do you recommend I add that to my next feeding/nutrient solution, or is this a separate application?

And how do I tackle ppm/scaling? i.e., do I add kelp/humic acid at 3/4 strength like the rest of my nutes?

Edit: So it looks like one of the nutrients I use, FloraLicious Plus, is a kelp supplement with B-vitamins. I'm wondering now, perhaps I should just add the Diamond Nectar (GH humic acid) additive to my nutrient solution, and get the kelp+humic acid benefit that way. The old GH charts had 1mL of Floralicious Plus and 2.5mL Diamond Nectar for the drain-to-waste / soil program, which does follow that 5:2 rule. Since the chart I'm following now also has 1mL of Floralicious Plus per gallon, I'll think I'll try adding 2.5mL of Diamond Nectar to keep those two balanced as per the GH charts. I tested some Diamond Nectar in water and it doesn't seem to have much effect on ppm. So tomorrow night I'll follow the week 7 10-part formula at 75%, and just add in Diamond Nectar also at 75%.

Last edited:
Day 48 Update:

Fed with 620ppm nute solution as per GH Flora
Series Week 7 "LIGHT" Chart @ 100%. I also added Diamond Nectar (humic acid) in a 5:2 ratio with Floralicious Plus, which is a kelp-based nutrient present in the 6- and 10-part GH mixes.

The issue I seem to be facing with GH nutrients is the general "shape" of the feedcharts, in that they "peak" in late veg/early flower.

For example, the LIGHT feedcharts @ 100% have general ppm ranges as follows:

Week 1 (veg): 200ppm
Week 2 (veg): 450ppm
Week 3 (veg): 600ppm
Week 4 (veg): 750ppm
Week 5 (bloom): 750ppm
Week 6 (bloom): 750ppm

Week 7 (bloom): 700ppm
Week 8 (bloom): 700ppm
Week 9 (bloom): 700ppm
Week 10 (bloom): 500ppm
Week 11 (bloom): 500ppm
Week 12 (bloom): 450ppm
Week 13 (bloom): 0ppm

Note how nute concentrations are highest in weeks 4-6? i.e., late veg to early bloom. Does this apply to autoflowers as well @Mañ'O'Green ? My original intention was to sort of 'work may way up' to 500ppm in late flower, i.e., linearly increase my nutrient concentration from 50-100% throughout the course of the grow. I guess my question is, "when" are autos "ready" for 500-550ppm nute solutions?

The other caveat here is I just fed 100% Week 7 nutes, but the ppm I was reading was 620ppm, which is a little bit less than what GH reports on their label. Granted, my water is so soft it doesn't register on my pen, so perhaps GH accounts for 'some' TDS in water.

Perhaps on my next attempt, I'll just follow 100% of the light chart right from the start, or at least move into 100% by the end of veg.

Thanks,

-tronN00dles

Week 8
WEEK 8 Update:

Day 52

Plants seem to be responding well to the heavier feed. Gave one plain watering again at day 50, will probably feed again tomorrow. Leaf discoloration seems to have stopped and I'm starting to see trichromes. Overall light green shade of the fan leaves is persisting, and I don't think they'll ever get their dark hue back. Could be genetics too as the last XXL by Dinafem I grew was also on the lighter green side.

It's funny to see the different shape of each plant. The taller/wider one had a mutant leaf early on, and the taproot also curled around the seed when it germinated. The mutants seem to make the best monsters lol.

As for stats, temps have been a little higher, around 25-28C, humidity 47-56% depending on lights on/off. Still running 18/6, lights at max power @ around 20" from canopy. They're now drinking lots, the bigger one gets around 6.5L of water every 2 days or so; the shorter fatter one gets around 5.5L -- I get around 10-15% runoff. Until now, I had been mixing nutes in 6L watering cans, but they won't do any more. I picked myself up a 5 gallon bucket to mix nutes then I transfer into my watering cans afterward.

Some pics:

1626838432756.png

1626837297078.png
1626837335305.png

1626837365604.png

1626837433293.png

Thanks,

tronN00dles

Attachments

• 1626837404698.png
    1626837404698.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Day 52 Update:

Plants seem to be responding well to the heavier feed. Gave one plain watering again at day 50, will probably feed again tomorrow. Leaf discoloration seems to have stopped and I'm starting to see trichromes. Overall light green shade of the fan leaves is persisting, and I don't think they'll ever get their dark hue back. Could be genetics too as the last XXL by Dinafem I grew was also on the lighter green side.

It's funny to see the different shape of each plant. The taller/wider one had a mutant leaf early on, and the taproot also curled around the seed when it germinated. The mutants seem to make the best monsters lol.

As for stats, temps have been a little higher, around 25-28C, humidity 47-56% depending on lights on/off. Still running 18/6, lights at max power @ around 20" from canopy. They're now drinking lots, the bigger one gets around 6.5L of water every 2 days or so; the shorter fatter one gets around 5.5L -- I get around 10-15% runoff. Until now, I had been mixing nutes in 6L watering cans, but they won't do any more. I picked myself up a 5 gallon bucket to mix nutes then I transfer into my watering cans afterward.

Some pics:

View attachment 1345815

View attachment 1345805 View attachment 1345806

View attachment 1345807

View attachment 1345809

Thanks,

tronN00dles
They are looking banging

Hey folks,

Quick update on the state of this grow. The two plants are starting to diverge a little bit -- the taller/skinnier one is looking a little worse for wear compared to the shorter, fatter one.

The short-fat one seems to have recovered completely, the buds are fattening up, leaf discoloration has stopped and the hairs are starting to turn orange.

The taller one seems to have some leaf discoloration persisting, the buds aren't as fat, and the hairs are still mostly white.

I have a theory on this, and hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in (*cough* @Mañ'O'Green). My theory is quite simple: the taller one is thirstier and hasn't been getting enough water. I have been basically following the shorter one's watering requirements. The short one feels light enough to water after 2.5-3 days; the tall one feels light enough to water after only 2 days. Consequently, I've been watering both every 2.5-3 days.

When I do this, for the past couple of weeks, the taller one ends up drinking more and I've been getting ~5% runoff. The shorter one is drinking a little less and I'm getting ~15% runoff. Anyway, I hadn't really given this much thought until the other day and decided to check the run-off ppm (something I don't really do, I typically just measure the ppm of nute solutions going into the pots). Anyway, the shorter one had a run-off of ~250ppm. The taller one had a runoff of 750ppm! I don't know too much about this, but that seems to me that the taller one is absorbing less nutrients overall. Could this be because of a salt-buildup where it hasn't been watered to run-off enough compared to her shorter, fatter sister?

Anyway, I put an extra litre of water through the tall one and was able to get it's run off down to match the healthier one. Going forward, I'll be careful to make sure the bigger one gets similar amounts of run-off. I was debating changing my feeding schedule / nute regime, but considering the shorter one looks significantly healthier, I'm thinking this must be associated with watering habits rather than fertilizer concentrations. The other potential issue is lighting differences, but I adjust my lights so both are getting similar PPFD's.

-tronN00dles

Last edited:
Week 9
WEEKS 9-10 Update:

Hey everybody,

I didn't post a formal update last week, so this will cover two weeks. Time is flying! Looks like I'm on the home stretch here now with another 3 weeks or so for the buds to ripen (maybe 4). Anyway, as per the posts above, I started seeing some issues. Upon correcting, ONE of the plants responded better while the other continued to show some signs of deficiencies. If you look at the post above this one, I theorized it had to do with the bigger plant getting less water and ultimately showing a higher run-off compared to her healthier sister. This was my first time growing more than one plant at a time, and I think I've learned a key-takeaway: different plants have different watering requirements, lol. Seems obvious now. For the rest of the grow, it looks like the bigger one is going to be watered/fed a little sooner than the other, rather than watering both at the same time.

Anyway, it's been a while since I shared some stats so here's what I've been up to the past two weeks:

Temp: ~27 deg C
Humidity: ~ 49%
VPD: 1.4
Lux: ~ 54,000 (measured)
PPFD: 800-850 (as per HLG light-specific Lux-to-PPFD Calculator)
Total lighting power draw from wall: 320W
Light Cycle: 18/6
DLI : ~54
Nutrient Solutions: ~530ppm (570 including tap water); pH @ 6.2
Nutrient mix: GH 10-part + Diamond Nectar (humic acid, 2.5x amount relative to Floralicious Plus, the kelp-based nute)

And here's a few pics:

1627738219682.png

And here's some of the problem leaves from the taller one. The short one practically has no such problems:

1627738750910.png
1627738775547.png
1627738798124.png

And the worst leaves that I plucked off the taller one:

1627738863262.png
1627738840417.png

And as I mentioned, the taller one's buds (left, below) seem a little behind compared to her shorter sister (right, below). The taller one still has lots of straight, white hairs; the shorter one has more orange/curled hairs.

1627739797441.png
1627739318855.png

Anyway, thanks to @Mañ'O'Green for his support on this. The issues seemed to have ceased once I got my nutes and watering habbits sorted. They're looking real good now, I must say:

1627739422380.png

Thanks!

-tronN00dles

Attachments

• 1627738524279.png
    1627738524279.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • 1627739261220.png
    1627739261220.png
    865.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 1627739287748.png
    1627739287748.png
    1 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
WEEKS 9-10 Update:

Hey everybody,

I didn't post a formal update last week, so this will cover two weeks. Time is flying! Looks like I'm on the home stretch here now with another 3 weeks or so for the buds to ripen (maybe 4). Anyway, as per the posts above, I started seeing some issues. Upon correcting, ONE of the plants responded better while the other continued to show some signs of deficiencies. If you look at the post above this one, I theorized it had to do with the bigger plant getting less water and ultimately showing a higher run-off compared to her healthier sister. This was my first time growing more than one plant at a time, and I think I've learned a key-takeaway: different plants have different watering requirements, lol. Seems obvious now. For the rest of the grow, it looks like the bigger one is going to be watered/fed a little sooner than the other, rather than watering both at the same time.

Anyway, it's been a while since I shared some stats so here's what I've been up to the past two weeks:

Temp: ~27 deg C
Humidity: ~ 49%
VPD: 1.4
Lux: ~ 54,000
PPFD: 800-850
Total lighting power draw from wall: 320W
Light Cycle: 18/6
DLI : ~54
Nutrient Solutions: ~530ppm (570 including tap water); pH @ 6.2
Nutrient mix: GH 10-part + Diamond Nectar (humic acid, 2.5x amount relative to Floralicious Plus, the kelp-based nute)

And here's a few pics:

View attachment 1349990

And here's some of the problem leaves from the taller one. The short one practically has no such problems:

View attachment 1349992 View attachment 1349993 View attachment 1349994

And the worst leaves that I plucked off the taller one:

View attachment 1349996 View attachment 1349995

And as I mentioned, the taller one's buds (left, below) seem a little behind compared to her shorter sister (right, below). The taller one still has lots of straight, white hairs; the shorter one has more orange/curled hairs.

View attachment 1350019 View attachment 1350009

Anyway, thanks to @Mañ'O'Green for his support on this. The issues seemed to have ceased once I got my nutes and watering habbits sorted. They're looking real good now, I must say:

View attachment 1350012

Thanks!

-tronN00dles
They are coming along nice you will have a good crop from those girls and thats why i grow in coco no watering problems i struggle like fck with soil with watering and feeding i still am growing a couple in soil i am getting better at it but i still get a few probs. coco is so much easyer with watering and feeding as water feed once a day job done just my 2 pence worth

They are coming along nice you will have a good crop from those girls and thats why i grow in coco no watering problems i struggle like fck with soil with watering and feeding i still am growing a couple in soil i am getting better at it but i still get a few probs. coco is so much easyer with watering and feeding as water feed once a day job done just my 2 pence worth

Yeah I’ve already decided I’m trying coco next, 100%. The plan is to work my way up to DWC, but I feel coco is that bridge. Should be interesting!

Last edited:
Back