48h darkness

I can’t notice a difference, and it’s based in bro science rather than anything sciency backing it. The only correlation is that cannabinoid levels in actively growing plants tend to be higher during the night…so maybe giving an extended period of darkness results in harvesting when peak cannabinoid levels are reached? Again, no real proof backs this up that i’ve found. Either way I do bro science shit all the time to find what works for me LOL

I can’t notice a difference, and it’s based in bro science rather than anything sciency backing it. The only correlation is that cannabinoid levels in actively growing plants tend to be higher during the night…so maybe giving an extended period of darkness results in harvesting when peak cannabinoid levels are reached? Again, no real proof backs this up that i’ve found. Either way I do bro science shit all the time to find what works for me LOL
Thanks man! Appreciated. Will see what I do. Something else that "feel" good for me is that not water so much in the end? Like completely let it dry out. Iam I right about this? Lol :dizzy:

Thanks man! Appreciated. Will see what I do. Something else that "feel" good for me is that not water so much in the end? Like completely let it dry out. Iam I right about this? Lol :dizzy:
That’s the only reason I like to do darkness so I can let the plant use up all the moisture in the medium and finish developing without getting shriveled by the heat/light.

Ive been reading about having the last 48h in darkness right before harvest.
Do some of you guys doing this? Is it beneficial to do this? Any thoughts on this would be awesome.
I have my RH in good shape, so that would not be a problem. :lol:

Well I guess I've had this discussion many times over the years. There's always somebody that will ask this?

These are the answers.

Here in Michigan somebody actually did a test. They took their weed down to U of M and figured this out.

I work for a commercial farmer around the area here where I live. He's not a big farmer he's just a little farmer around 150 plants. But he still does it on a commercial level.
He runs in Coco Chiro, w/hydro chemical...

(Yuck! on a personal level)

I'm a 100% organic grower myself. When I smoke weed I don't smoke his weed rarely if I do ever. I don't care for hydro weed at all. It's too dry and it bothers my throat.

But he grows some very fine weed. Definitely top shelf at the dispensary... For people who like dispensary weed.

So he practices 32 hours of dark before harvest.
There's a few factors and benefits to this.

One as you'll read below in the test results of dark pierid times tables before harvest is the change in THC level.

As well as the dry out pierid before harvest in the dark. As this changes the moisture content in the product. I don't remember how many days before to start the dry out I'm not usually part of this process. But I think he starts drying out four or five days before the dark and then of course while it's in the dark there's no water added either.

He runs in 5 gallon fiber pots with approximately 3 1/2 gallons of cocoa in each pot.
I forget the name of the new hydro chemicals he uses? he was using the General hydroponics line. But he switched here about 7 or 8 months ago and claims that switch is a better product.

20210225_080830_HDR_(1).jpg
20210225_074620_(1).jpg
20210225_074718_(1).jpg
20210225_074546_(1).jpg
20210225_074557_(1).jpg
Screenshot_20210225-072519.png

So anyways I hope this helps you all out.

The guy I work for claims it works. I practice it myself when I grow inside. Also when I used to practice the light deprivation in my cage out outside I also used to practice the dark for the 24-hour dark pierid. It's kind of difficult to dry the area out underneath the tarp. There's a lot of moisture in there. Especially with a daylight sun shining on a black tarp. You got to have a lot of fans running a lot of air flow. Outside drying out it's pain in the ass. But I've done it been there and got the T-shirt.

:headbang: :toke::chimp::greenthumb:

Well I guess I've had this discussion many times over the years. There's always somebody that will ask this?

These are the answers.

Here in Michigan somebody actually did a test. They took their weed down to U of M and figured this out.

I work for a commercial farmer around the area here where I live. He's not a big farmer he's just a little farmer around 150 plants. But he still does it on a commercial level.
He runs in Coco Chiro, w/hydro chemical...

(Yuck! on a personal level)

I'm a 100% organic grower myself. When I smoke weed I don't smoke his weed rarely if I do ever. I don't care for hydro weed at all. It's too dry and it bothers my throat.

But he grows some very fine weed. Definitely top shelf at the dispensary... For people who like dispensary weed.

So he practices 32 hours of dark before harvest.
There's a few factors and benefits to this.

One as you'll read below in the test results of dark pierid times tables before harvest is the change in THC level.

As well as the dry out pierid before harvest in the dark. As this changes the moisture content in the product. I don't remember how many days before to start the dry out I'm not usually part of this process. But I think he starts drying out four or five days before the dark and then of course while it's in the dark there's no water added either.

He runs in 5 gallon fiber pots with approximately 3 1/2 gallons of cocoa in each pot.
I forget the name of the new hydro chemicals he uses? he was using the General hydroponics line. But he switched here about 7 or 8 months ago and claims that switch is a better product.

View attachment 1605801View attachment 1605802View attachment 1605803View attachment 1605805View attachment 1605806View attachment 1605807

So anyways I hope this helps you all out.

The guy I work for claims it works. I practice it myself when I grow inside. Also when I used to practice the light deprivation in my cage out outside I also used to practice the dark for the 24-hour dark pierid. It's kind of difficult to dry the area out underneath the tarp. There's a lot of moisture in there. Especially with a daylight sun shining on a black tarp. You got to have a lot of fans running a lot of air flow. Outside drying out it's pain in the ass. But I've done it been there and got the T-shirt.

:headbang: :toke::chimp::greenthumb:
Awesome. thank you for your time. Will Watch this.

Back