Indoor 600 watt LED-Soil-Auto Seeds Diesel Berry - Royal Queen Northern Lights

the photos you took are either too far from the plant, or too close to it. Try to keep an average distance so we can see the whole plant (not the floor and the fabric pot :) )
btw your grow looks generally good and im sure you will end up with a stinky bunch of buds that youll enjoy a lot
cheers :hookah:

Quick update from phone

Day 33

NL 2
is showing spots again, gave her a feeding. They stopped again, she sends touchy. She's spindly, but growing. Very different from her big sister NL -1. Smells hashy, but it's pretty faint.

NL-1 getting bushier daily, the nitrogen deficiency is gone after a good 1/3 strength nute solution. Just starting to show pistols along the stem and lower nodes now. She's definitely going to be last harvested, but judging by how much space she's taking up now, and hasn't even started to stretch.. gonna be a big girl! Smells hashy, earthy, and almost a coffee note.

DB-1 still a beautiful plant. She's starting to produce bud heads covered in pistols. I can clearly see trichomes spreading across the leaves at the bud sites and down along the stems, at the bottom of the plant, the calyx's are blue red or purple. Her strong smell has developed into this dank heavy blueberry scented diesel aroma. She's definitely going to be first done. Haven't switched to flower notes yet, she seems to be still stretching so still giving veg until she slows down.

DB-2 she's getting stretchy now, and showing bud clusters like her big sister. Not symmetrical at all, but with the damage is not surprising. No berry smell from her, just pure diesel fuel.

Will update with more pics soon
20160504_004236.jpg

Day 35:

They're doing ok, showing some deficiency problems. But I'm pretty sure that's just lack of nutes. They all get fed/watered tomorrow. NL-2 and DB-1 both are starting to require every other day waterings, I fell it will be daily shortly.

NL-2 has the spotting and necrosis again!
I just can't get her to stop showing them. NL1 is actually showing some on its leaves too. I've checked everything, PH is fine, water is fine, NL-2 has burnt tips.. But NL-1 Doesn't. There are no bugs, I got a scope and inspected all the plants for over an hour coming every surface of the things. Not a thing.

Every time I feed her, the spots stop for several days, then come raging back. I'm afraid to feed her more though, since you can clearly see burnt tips. Any suggestions? Its driving me insane. Currently on 1/4 strength nutes.

NL 2-2.jpg

Nl 2-4.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL-1 Showing Nitro Def again, but she was nice and deep green until two days ago. Seems she can take a lot more nutes than the others. She's up to 1/3 strength and keeps going pale. Bumping her up to 1/2 strength tomorrow. Still on Veg nutes. Her pot did get a bit dry a few days ago, I wasn't prepared for how fast she would suck through her water all of a sudden. I'm weighing the pots daily now to avoid this. She is 53cm tall.
NL 1-1.jpg

NL 1-3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DB-2 Shes still stretching, the tallest plant now. She looks the most sativa of all the plants, very airy and spindly. 66cm tall. Very healthy and hardy. Zero signs of deficiencies or problems of any kind. Still on Veg nutes.

DB-2-2.jpg

DB-1 She looks and smells great. Though she's showing some signs of deficiency. Looks like a bit of nitrogen, and the big spots on the leaves in the center are actually me being clumsy and not paying attention to water splashing and being left on them. There are some spots similar to the NL ones, but last feed stopped them completely. Though someone else's diagnosis would be appreciated =) She's 17" tall in the pics, but the center stem is tied down, I estimate shes about as tall as DB-2 unbent.

As to nutrients, shes still on Veg. But I'm considering switching to flower. Not sure exactly when I should. She's covered in pistols and trichomes are everywhere, even along the stems 4" down from the bud sites. all the calyxs are a deep red/purple on the base of the plant, and a lot of the leaves underneath are turning red or purple. What do you guys think? I read to keep giving nutes till they stop stretching. She seems to be slowing down and the bud sites look thicker than a few days ago.

What do you guys think? Is it time? Do I switch to flower nutes tomorrow? Or do I give her another week of Veg nutes? She looks N deficient, which makes me think I should hit her with veg nutes one more time.
The breeder Auto Seeds shows this strain at 65-75 days from seed.
DB 1-2.jpg

DB 1-1.jpg

titled.png

Day 46

DB-2

She just finished her stretch and got her first dose of bloom nutes on the 14th. Tons of nodes all over the plant. Smells like diesel fuel. Straight, cloying pure diesel smell, until you brush or touch her. Then its an explosion of mango and citrus.
DB 2-2.jpg

DB-1

She got her first bloom nutes on the 10th. I wanted to be absolutely sure she stopped stretching. Her buds are starting to thicken up. Smells like DB-2 pure diesel fuel unless brushed. Then its all blueberries with a hint of citrus. Her buds are starting to turn purple, pretty plant IMO looks like the trichomes are starting to get a little cloudy, but still mostly clear.
20160516_051500.jpg
20160516_044401.jpg 20160516_051157.jpg 20160516_051345.jpg20160516_043317.jpg 20160516_043829.jpg 20160516_043500.jpg 20160516_043347.jpg 20160516_043749.jpg

NL-2 She's shown signs of deficiencies throughout the grow, but it doesn't seem to slow her down. Not sure what her issue is, but she's moving right along despite. Just got bloom nutes on the 15th since she stopped stretching. Doesn't smell much, little bit of hops and citrus is what I get from her.

20160516_050330.jpg

NL-1 This thing is gonna be a monster, she JUST started into her stretch @ week 7 and she's 29" tall! Biggest plant in the room, and definitely going to be the last one to finish. The other three are already on flower nutes after finishing their stretches. I imagine she has another week or two of veg nutes. Not much smell off her, earthy, green hashy flowery. I've bumped her nutes to 1/2 strength, since she kept showing N deficient, and she's responded great!

20160516_051637.jpg

20160516_052301.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to post a couple pretty bud pics. Full update soon.

These are from DB-1
turning purple and beautiful

Purple 1.jpg
Purple bud 2.jpg
purple bud 3.jpg
purple bud 4.jpg
Purple bud 5.jpg

Last edited:
Day 56

I seem to have gotten into a good rhythm with these girls. Everything has been running stable and smooth. All new growth is pretty over all the plants. No spotting or issues I was having before.
My primary problem was that I was so afraid of over water/feeding them that I under did everything. Now I feel that I have a good grasp on growing these girls.

Watching them daily and seeing the changes, while being patient and letting them do their thing has been an extremely rewarding experience. And I haven't even harvested yet!

So here they are

NL 2:

She decided it was time to stop playing and start growing. All her new growth is nice and pretty with no more spotting or necrosis. She looks really great now. Two feedings of bloom nutes in. Finally starting to give off an aroma of floral, spicy, and honey notes.

NL 2.jpg

DB 2

Despite being completely wrecked in the beginning, she's turning out ok. She's been given bloom nutes twice now too. Still smells like diesel fuel until you brush or squeeze her. Though her scent has changed into something different. The best description I can give is that she smells just like Sunny D. Straight out of the bottle, sickly sweet and all.

DB 2.jpg

DB 1

Still thickening up. Her leaves/buds are turning more and more purple daily. Little purple trichomes everywhere. Still smells just like her name, Diesel berry. I'm not sure how much longer she has to go, she's still putting on new calyxs daily. I think maybe a week or two before I start flushing? What do you guys think?

DB 1-1.jpg
bud1.jpg
bud2.jpg
bud3.jpg

star.jpg

NL 1

She's HUGE! She's still stretching and at 33" Got her last feed of veg nutes, I'm guessing she'll stop her stretch soon, and even if she doesn't I'm hitting her with bloom on next feed. She's at week 8 already FFS. She has to be watered daily now, just sucks it right up. I suspect I'll be feeding twice daily soon. Can't wait to see what she produces. Hard to fit her in the room with the rest. Fortunately it looks like DB1 will be making room soon anyhow.

NL 1-1.jpg
Guard.jpg
NL 1-2.jpg

Wow they look the business way to go your a natural
all that from one cheap led can't wait for mine to arrive and to see what weight you get form the ladies great diary very informative well written good job bro

Wow they look the business way to go your a natural
all that from one cheap led can't wait for mine to arrive and to see what weight you get form the ladies great diary very informative well written good job bro

Thanks! its been a great ride so far, can't wait to pull them. Definitely subbed to your grow for your Berry Ryder. Auto seeds has some pretty good genetics it seems :pass:

New update soon.

Glad to have you along for the ride I have subbed this also cannot wait to see the end result good lick not that u need it :greenthumb:

Back