Live Stoners AFN Audiophiles

The main amp is kinda special. It is one of only 200 made, I won the opportunity to purchase a “kit” at the diyAudio forum I belong to. It was given to the community by Nelson Pass one of the premier audio designers out there and who happens to participate there and has a huge following. It uses a special transistor he designed and Sony built. 10 watts per channel Class A. It’s called the Sony V Fet. Amazing sound, just amazing.
View attachment 1501939View attachment 1501940View attachment 1501941View attachment 1501942View attachment 1501943View attachment 1501944View attachment 1501945View attachment 1501946

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I bow down to the master

This go's way beyond any form of DIY I would try and tempt but we all have to learn. It doesn't scare me, just need a simple place to start.
So wish we lived near each other, you wouldn't get rid of me wwwillie for smoke and listen sessions. Probably a good thing for you.

I do like the idea of building speakers though. I'm slowly building an out door rig for party's, building of speakers or repairing them is the only way I'm getting a thumping rig at a realy affordable price. Mind you the pandemic has killed a lot of clubs and sound sytem hire. Quite a bit is out there quite cheap at the moment.

@Mañ'O'Green ive made a home for the lovers of playing music and the equipment we use and have used over the years

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I bow down to the master

This go's way beyond any form of DIY I would try and tempt but we all have to learn. It doesn't scare me, just need a simple place to start.
So wish we lived near each other, you wouldn't get rid of me wwwillie for smoke and listen sessions. Probably a good thing for you.

I do like the idea of building speakers though. I'm slowly building an out door rig for party's, building of speakers or repairing them is the only way I'm getting a thumping rig at a realy affordable price. Mind you the pandemic has killed a lot of clubs and sound sytem hire. Quite a bit is out there quite cheap at the moment.
Well this could be a start for you then. DIY can be as in depth as you want it. You could just build kits. On diyAudio they have all sorts of cool stuff. While not a packaged kit you can get all the parts and help you would need to build all,kinds of stuff. Speaking of diy, speakers are way outa my league! I built a small pair for desktop use but that was a kit too. I am however getting ready to embark on a journey with an active crossover and bi-amping. I already b-amp but am using the crossover built into the speaker, with this I’ll be using an active crossover before the power amps and speakers.
Oh and it’s kinda sad we’re so far apart. I’d love a growing, smoking, listening friend!

I have some stuff.

Also a Wadia/AudioNote setup in the big room

1152958838.jpg
1220383199.jpg
Carina.jpg
15384365_1306120626125621_4145261993913408188_o.jpg

I've built some stuff too.

I can make a little noise.

192360_131207803616915_2066224_o.jpg
10869643_790371614367194_4271425261848861101_o.jpg
ampface.jpg
trainwreck.jpg
Wild_Rumpus_3.jpg
Claro_Front.jpg

Don't know what I like better the wood work or the beautiful layout and work on that head unit!!

Back