Live Stoners AFN Audiophiles

I'm still using all my Arcam Alpha 8 gear from the 90's, pre-amp, amp and the old Acoustic Energy 109's.

The 1210's are still going strong but I have an issue with my mixer. Never a good sign when you pick it up and shake it gently to hear rattles :sadcry: I still have my NAD double cassette deck and CD player though :cooldance: The JBL monitor speakers I had, I blew one up and its been waiting 12years for a repair...

View attachment 1502258View attachment 1502259View attachment 1502260View attachment 1502261

Now I've dipped my toe into the water I'm finding 90s gear is real sort after on the second hand market. I'm assuming it before microchips turned up and is easy to fix and modify.
I very nearly bought that acram set up not so long back with the cd player. A realy tidy set up and very well looked after but I would only have wanted the amp, didn't really have the room for the rest.

What style do you DJ ?

Now I've dipped my toe into the water I'm finding 90s gear is real sort after on the second hand market. I'm assuming it before microchips turned up and is easy to fix and modify.
I very nearly bought that acram set up not so long back with the cd player. A realy tidy set up and very well looked after but I would only have wanted the amp, didn't really have the room for the rest.

What style do you DJ ?
I'm no DJ but I have the toys and look like I know what I'm doing :crying: I like most things, Jazz, Soul, Funk etc for home listening and Disco House/House for out out nights. I partied hard in the 90's and preferred the more glamorous mixed gay nights as that was where all the hot scantly clad woman were with no competition from the increasing lad culture that was starting to appear, :crying::crying:

One of the best chill tracks for me..

This is my DJ set up,

Pioneer cdj 1000 mk3
Recently pick them up from a DJ who has never taken them out of the house. They where like new. They replaced a very well used pair of cdj200's.
20220815_143315.jpg

For my mixer I've used Behringer for years. Does everything a pioneer does at 1/5 the price. I got new one with my decks fir full re kit.

20220815_145258.jpg

For my monitoring I've been using these Berhinger Thruth B2031's for the past 15 years. Not the best for precise studio monitoring but great for just DJ'ing. Can rock a kitchen house party.

20220815_144833.jpg

They can be a little over fussy with their settings.

20220815_144918.jpg

Last edited:
This is my DJ set up,

Pioneer cdj 1000 mk3
Recently pick them up from a DJ who has never taken them out of the house. They where like new. They replaced a very well used pair of cdj200's.
View attachment 1505476

For my mixer I've used Behringer for years. Does everything a pioneer does at 1/5 the price. I got new one with my decks fir full re kit.

View attachment 1505477

For my monitoring I've been using these Berhinger Thruth B2031's for the past 15 years. Not the best for precise studio monitoring but great for just DJ'ing. Can rock a kitchen house party.

View attachment 1505483

They can be a little over fussy with their settings.

View attachment 1505485
I love kitchen parties.

What style do you DJ ?
I bet some of those early Jamo and Cerwin Vega speakers go for good money. I have the Alpha 7 CD player and a NAD tape to tape. The audio quality of my early 90's tapes just sound bad now compared to the digital formats.

Back