Live Stoners AFN Audiophiles

Cool, closed back?? I’ve stopped with the headphones for a while. After the last one moved out I’ve been listening to speakers because I took his room as my office / listening room! I have at least a dozen head amps and daps to go with the cans and earbuds.
Here’s my Bottlehead Crack w/ the Speedball upgrade.
C6757DEA-DEEE-432A-BACA-D9C6047D5C05.jpeg

This is a pre I built one of my boys for Christmas. Relay switching and volume control, phono pre, and Wayne’s BAF2018 linestage, glassworks power supply. Sounds really swell.
33F475D7-E2BB-46FE-8B43-64236C320EE3.jpeg
60767FF5-D2F3-44D0-B859-A713EA57B7A5.jpeg
977AF475-2EA3-4234-857B-065C968F68C3.jpeg

I'm still using all my Arcam Alpha 8 gear from the 90's, pre-amp, amp and the old Acoustic Energy 109's.

The 1210's are still going strong but I have an issue with my mixer. Never a good sign when you pick it up and shake it gently to hear rattles :sadcry: I still have my NAD double cassette deck and CD player though :cooldance: The JBL monitor speakers I had, I blew one up and its been waiting 12years for a repair...

AH.jpg
1210.jpg
Arcam.jpg
AE.jpg

I'm still using all my Arcam Alpha 8 gear from the 90's, pre-amp, amp and the old Acoustic Energy 109's.

The 1210's are still going strong but I have an issue with my mixer. Never a good sign when you pick it up and shake it gently to hear rattles :sadcry: I still have my NAD double cassette deck and CD player though :cooldance: The JBL monitor speakers I had, I blew one up and its been waiting 12years for a repair...

View attachment 1502258View attachment 1502259View attachment 1502260View attachment 1502261
Blown surrounds aren't too hard to get repaired, doesn't cost a whole lot either. Getting a few drivers surrounds replaced on some NHT speakers I have. Going to the same son as a matter of fact.

Blown surrounds aren't too hard to get repaired, doesn't cost a whole lot either. Getting a few drivers surrounds replaced on some NHT speakers I have. Going to the same son as a matter of fact.
I repaired the 109's after a slug ate the baffle out whilst they were in storage:crying:. Like you say relatively cheap to replace as well, luckily there's still a few places left that sell decent repair kits. :jointman:

Since I live too close to people now mine is through headphones....but my best was a pair of 901 systems back when they still had maple cabinets......but there was a time we built a bed out of old shit we had, found and scrounged....hell of a body rocking while it lasted in the mid 80's

Since I live too close to people now mine is through headphones....but my best was a pair of 901 systems back when they still had maple cabinets......but there was a time we built a bed out of old shit we had, found and scrounged....hell of a body rocking while it lasted in the mid 80's
Dig it. I was a headphone guy for a long time. Still am for outdoors and shopping stuff.
One of the cool things about all the personal listening devices is how far they've come with sound quality and affordability.

View attachment 1502258View attachment 1502259View attachment 1502260View attachment 1502261
surrounds are easy if you have some patients, JBL has some that tuck under instead of on top of the speaker and can be more challenging. Older speakers Caps will go bad as well and need to be replaced, also ferrofluid need to be redone on some tweeters because it gets thick.

Back