AFN Myth Busters 2017

And bring on the questions! Anything you may be wondering about, growers! There is still a lot of bullshit to be busted in the growing world!

Very true. In fact, I dont think I have learnt much per se in these past 10 years. Mostly, I've been distilling bullshit. Most of it spawns from growshops pushing bullshit products.
_

You've got that right! Of course they have mostly the corporate bullshit to got by, and even if they know it is bullshit, they aren't going to discourage a sale....... finding an honest growshop is like finding an honest mechanic, the odds are 10 to 1 against you!

Very true. In fact, I dont think I have learnt much per se in these past 10 years. Mostly, I've been distilling bullshit. Most of it spawns from growshops pushing bullshit products.
_

I doubt pulling a plant from a pot to add anything is worth doing. a well established root system will take much longer to respond than a properly transplanted seedling. And mycos added after the plant has taken root is likely a waste of time. It takes quite a while for the the mycos to becomes established. I've read discussion that mycos added to potted canna may actual do very little as they don't have enough time to to permeate the soil enough. Adding them long after ther plant is established won't do much of anything. And anything you want to add can be done by top dressing. I've proved the worth of top dressing to myself with my veggie raised beds. I had some pumpkin plants that sucked the nutes out of the soil and had an N def. I top dressed with organic nutrients and added some blood meal. BOOM! withing three days they were green and growing well.

I just had this conversation with the head grower at the facility I'm working at; that myco takes time to establish and wondering how "beneficial" it is to add it past a certain level/stage of growth. Also curious if how it's applied makes a difference, granules mixed into the substrate versus adding in a liquid myco, etc.

I don't know if the data available pertains to container growing or not. All i remember reading is that it can take weeks to be established well enough to be beneficial to plants. But there is information out there.

I just had this conversation with the head grower at the facility I'm working at; that myco takes time to establish and wondering how "beneficial" it is to add it past a certain level/stage of growth. Also curious if how it's applied makes a difference, granules mixed into the substrate versus adding in a liquid myco, etc.

This was something I looked at a while back and decided not to do it . I surfed the net and as pop said , there is a lot of info out there .

The mycorrhizae go to work immediately after application to a growing plant root, but it can take 8-12 weeks for benefits to be visible. Differences will be visible sooner in more stressful growing conditions, as this is when the mycorrhizae can bring the most benefits to the plants .

Mychorzea? Great success I've seen from spraying it on plants top to bottom. Idk the science though and haven't seen a side by side comparison done.

Can we discuss how to handle this: people are always telling me that AF will never be as potent as photo. What can I point to to combat this imo I think that's false. Plenty of great autos out there. Other thing I hear is autos are only for CBd. I know it's wrong when they say that but what science or articles are out there that I can point to? Still so much hate for autos out there! Let's squash it

For one, Mephisto has lab test to back up there claims for several of their strains and one in particular, Alien Triangle tested at 27% THC. Many companies are now backing up with tests of their buds.
Or give them a bud but don't tell them it's from an autoflower, then laugh at them when they tell you it's good shit!

I've a friend in the Netherlands who sells Amnesia auto flower buds to coffee shops. He doesn't tell them its autos. One owner said, " I'm glad your not trying to sell me that autoflower crap some of these guys are growing."...............

Can we discuss how to handle this: people are always telling me that AF will never be as potent as photo. What can I point to to combat this imo I think that's false. Plenty of great autos out there. Other thing I hear is autos are only for CBd. I know it's wrong when they say that but what science or articles are out there that I can point to? Still so much hate for autos out there! Let's squash it

Direct them here:

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/submit-your-autoflower-potency-lab-results.79737/

Back