Air injection

Squirtin Dirt

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
New to growing. Been reading about Auto Pots. Jus curious if anyone has tried this??(obviously with a clean sanitized pot, just messing around at the moment). No dome, no bottom layer of clay pebbles. Just air and dirt. OR maybe and inch of perlite or somthing at very bottom but that would be it. I feel like it should at the very least help with root rot or help newbies like myself correct an overwatering mistake quicker than with nothing. Opinions, experience if tried already or tell me I'm a moron. Whatever floats your boat

Attachments

• 20220418_191025.jpg
    20220418_191025.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 72
@Squirtin Dirt :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Do you want to reinvent cannabis growing or do you want to grow some good weed? I see no value in what you suggest but hey that is how new shit gets invented.

IMPO you would be miles ahead if you decided on a grow style and then follow the proven methods in the style.

:goodluck:

Reactions: JP1
Solid advice, going to follow it too..I'll probably try it out after I have a few grows under my belt.

Autopot actually sells that system and they call it an airdome. It's basically an airtube with holes in it inside a plastic cage.
airdome_640x640.jpg

You can make it yourself and don't need the airstone. Just a T piece and a piece of tubing with holes in it... Install it 5cm/2inch from the bottom and connect to a small pump. I use a small pump with two extra T pieces to divide the airpressure as you don't need much :thumbsup:
20220221_214428_small-jpg.1423346

I was reading about the auto pot and that's what gave me the idea. What do you do at the bottom of the pot? Layer of clay pebbles or perlite? You see a difference between having air and no air?

I've used the airdomes with my autopots a few times. Not worth the trouble to me. But if you want to try, skip the pebbles and perlite at the bottom

Back