Dutch Passion Allow Me...

Cool!

.......ortega indica might be something for my insomnia for instance... But it surprises me that such a well known seed company sell seeds that hermie. I forgive you, don't worry! But I thought you should know.

I'm not done yet, though. I'd like to direct some more constructive criticism at your habit of only selling Autofem. I prefer Autoreg for the obvious reason that you can't keep an auto motherplant, so that package of 5 seeds will only produce five plants unless they make babies, but with these femmes you can't have any! Or, if you're "lucky", you'll find a "transvestite" to mate them with. No gay sex in my house though! So please, I'd be very happy if one of your 2012 surprises shows up to be a strong and stable Auto strain in regular format. I know you could do it.

Happy that you guys are on board!

Let me try to answer the question about feminized seeds, both traditional and Auto varieties. Well, here are some thoughts. But first, to try to give the perspective from the seed supplier, let me invite you to first grind some fine herbs, enjoy, and cast your mind back to the 80’s.

We had just started selling seeds. It was the beginning of change for the average stoner, each year more and more people started growing their own. We started selling feminized seeds in the 90’s even though a few people had said it would be impossible to do so. We soon realised that it was, for most growers the preferred choice and the more convenient way to grow. Some growers told us they felt safer growing fewer feminized seeds than they would have to if they were non-fem. Where a particular variety didn’t have feminized seeds we would get regular requests to develop them, it was very much customer driven. Over a period of time it became the norm for the overwhelming majority of growers to use feminized seeds and nothing else, it was something the other seed companies saw happening as well. For many of our older strains where we already had a system to get regular non-fem seeds from the correct parentage we continued to offer non-fem if there was a reasonable demand. For new strains we were introducing we were offering fem and non-fem seeds, but often selling hardly any of the non-fem seeds. Eventually it got to the stage where it just wasn’t worthwhile selling non-fem. It was something we had seen coming for some time.

At the same time as this transition to feminization was under way we noticed a lot of the pro-growers and our own testing indicate that for 80% of our feminized varieties the consistency of the plants produced was noticeably more uniform from feminized seed than it was from regular seed. We saw this time and time again so there was no doubt about it. Not just that, but potency was also better and more consistent. As we introduced brand new photoperiod varieties we decided just to concentrate on producing seed in feminized form and that was fully accepted by everyone, it is a decreasingly small number of people that want non-fem seeds. It made the production process simpler for us, it also meant that the customers would get better consistency and performance and hopefully want to come back to Dutch Passion when they wanted to grow their favourite variety the next time. It also gave customers more convenience as they could become self sufficient medical or recreational growers with smaller indoor grow areas which needed less energy and less plants. When we started producing AutoFem’s it was a continuation of the same approach we had used with traditional photoperiod varieties. That simply seemed the logical way to go based on our experience.

Having said that where we have historically had a good production system for regular non-fem seeds we of course continue to offer them. Somepeople like to breed their own varieties and make their own seeds. The varieties that still come with non-fem options are the older owns, specifically:

Blueberry, Mazar, Orange Bud, Power Plant,Skunk #1, White Widow, Original Durban Poison, Master Kush, Super Haze, Euphoria, Shaman, Passion#1, Purple#1 and Hollands Hope.

In order to make Auto seeds in non-fem option we would have to come up with a secondary production system, and history tells us that most people, 90%+, wouldn’t want to buy them anyway.

So I hope that makes sense to folk.

Cool!

ortega indica might be something for my insomnia for instance...
Happy that you guys are on board!

Ortega Indica may well be useful for you. This is a special strain of ours developed after some experimental work with some of our best Indica genebank specimens. Our team of smoke testers (now there is a dream job I can tell you) reported time and time again that the Ortega Indica line offered all the properties you would expect in a thoroughbred Indica. She gave a great body stone, relieved pain, gave a tremendous appetite (crucial to some med users) and she delivered a very pleasant quality stone on top. But the test team also clearly reported that they slept like Gods the night after using Ortega Indica, and what is more when they did wake up they did so without any morning-after foggy head feelings. We got many reports that Ortega was better than sleeping tablets.

This was a pretty impressive set of results, and we were in touch with a number of med users and med grow cooperatives who had been asking us to look out for such a strain. The Ortega genetic make-up is top class and the results we got from her were good enough to warrant inclusion in our catalogue. She is a top indica in her own right and is appreciated by many recreational users, but we can't praise this strain highly enough as a med strain.

I totally understand you when it comes to traditional photo strains, but I'm not sure if that goes for the autos. As a guerrilla grower you'd like to have hundreds of seeds. Well, buying a hundred of auto blueberry would be quite a sum of money, almost the same price as a whole pound of dope (depending on locality). When I think like that, and realize that in a single seeded bud I could find what on the seed market would sell for hundreds of euros, I wonder what's going on? The distance between price of production and market price is just too outrageous! With photo strains you're at least compensated by the ability to clone your plants. But, as I said, with autos you only have those seeds to go with.

I believe it could be worthwhile for you guys to make a regular addition. At least as a "market experiment". And I only think it would help improve the survival possibilities of the plant. Man, the autos could even become wild weed in many countries! Ditch weed everywhere... think of all the nice flower bouqets your grand children would pick for you ;)

So, I'm just saying give it a try. If not, well you'll not get bankrupt I'd guess :)

Thanks for the info Tony.
I can completely understand that customers have been the ones to point the direction of fem seeds. As a novice grower with limited space fems are a brilliant way to ensure the plant planted is at least heading into the direction of buds and whilst I havent done so yet provides a great opportunity to take cuttings off a photo plant knowing that they'll be fems and not have to flower early then reveg etc. Whilst the same thinking does apply to autos (we all like guarantees of some sort) it will be interesting to see whether over time customer demand/want heads back in the direction of regs for the autos since the available amount to harvest per seed is more restricted with the autos.

Blueberry, Mazar, Orange Bud, Power Plant,Skunk #1, White Widow, Original Durban Poison, Master Kush, Super Haze, Euphoria, Shaman, Passion#1, Purple#1 and Hollands Hope.

Nice roll call of kids you have there!!!

:smokebuds:

Back