Anyone used a duct reducer?

Hey bro, sorry if it’s an inconvience but I’ve heavily stripped them again. No matter what I did, I would rub against some buds. Couldn’t prevent it, especially since my scissors are short lol so I need to get in closer. Jammy dodgers has proven harder to trim in the center, but I did some minor lollipopping on both. I never do this far into flower but I snapped Bruce banner twice by accident when I was stressed one day training her. She had dried up too much so the branches became weaker. I notice whenever I snap them whilst training, the branches never get that thick. They get thinner. A lot of Bruce banner branches are thin and it’s worrying in case they can’t get that dense and produce much. Live and learn I suppose. Humidity hasn’t came down that much since trimming. But I will keep an eye on it tomorrow and trim jammy dodgers again no doubt. What you think? Overboard, or take more off? It don’t look like much but I literally spent four hours doing this today :crying: Pic is landscape mode btw. If you open it, you will get a better look

View attachment 1560693
View attachment 1560697
View attachment 1560698
View attachment 1560699
View attachment 1560700
Fantastic job brother! :thumbsup:
I figured you were spending a good part of your day cleaning up your girls. Lol! They all look great and you’re right about having to defoliate your late blooming Jammy Dodgers again. Last heavy defol is always very time consuming and 4 hours is about right for the plants your size. When my plants are really bushy and the branches are to short to pull them away from the center of the plant I usually just cut the leaves off and let them fall. You will definitely brush up against your buds when trying to get 2 hands in there to work your scissors and hold the cut leaves at the same time. .
I occasionally snap tops and branches while training and haven’t noticed any difference in the overall growth of the plants. From here it looks like all 3 of your plants have been trained well and will yield some nice heavy colas so I wouldn’t worry too much about the branches you snapped earlier in your grow.

Fantastic job brother! :thumbsup:
I figured you were spending a good part of your day cleaning up your girls. Lol! They all look great and you’re right about having to defoliate your late blooming Jammy Dodgers again. Last heavy defol is always very time consuming and 4 hours is about right for the plants your size. When my plants are really bushy and the branches are to short to pull them away from the center of the plant I usually just cut the leaves off and let them fall. You will definitely brush up against your buds when trying to get 2 hands in there to work your scissors and hold the cut leaves at the same time. .
I occasionally snap tops and branches while training and haven’t noticed any difference in the overall growth of the plants. From here it looks like all 3 of your plants have been trained well and will yield some nice heavy colas so I wouldn’t worry too much about the branches you snapped earlier in your grow.
Thank you for taking the time to give me advice now and then. Your advice has been valuable to me several times now. The plants are actually a bit more open than they first look in those pictures. I went in and pulled jammy dodgers branches down... a little. As much as I could really. I’ve taken off more sugar leaves and more unhealthy leaves. The problem is getting right into the center of her and banging her buds around. I noticed she hasn’t drank much since yesterday but she’s approx in 32 days into flower (week five according to my trackin app). So it’s either been high humidity that’s preventing them from drinking as much, or it’s just because they’re further into flower. My humidity has went down, and continues to go down the more I take off. RH is around 58-60. Thank you bro. However using fabric pots don’t help with humidity haha especially when you water every day. I ran out of nutrients pretty much and had to supplement big bud with a higher dose of b-52. Ordered a batch of nutrients today (more base feed, bud candy (never used before), AN flushing agent, big bud, and over drive. Hoping they will arrive within two days so I can pump as much big bud into them as I can before switching to overdrive then flushing. :smoking: When’s your next grow update?

Thank you for taking the time to give me advice now and then. Your advice has been valuable to me several times now. The plants are actually a bit more open than they first look in those pictures. I went in and pulled jammy dodgers branches down... a little. As much as I could really. I’ve taken off more sugar leaves and more unhealthy leaves. The problem is getting right into the center of her and banging her buds around. I noticed she hasn’t drank much since yesterday but she’s approx in 32 days into flower (week five according to my trackin app). So it’s either been high humidity that’s preventing them from drinking as much, or it’s just because they’re further into flower. My humidity has went down, and continues to go down the more I take off. RH is around 58-60. Thank you bro. However using fabric pots don’t help with humidity haha especially when you water every day. I ran out of nutrients pretty much and had to supplement big bud with a higher dose of b-52. Ordered a batch of nutrients today (more base feed, bud candy (never used before), AN flushing agent, big bud, and over drive. Hoping they will arrive within two days so I can pump as much big bud into them as I can before switching to overdrive then flushing. :smoking: When’s your next grow update?
No problem brother!
Thats what’s great about AFN… so many people here always willing to help or give advise. I’ve learned so much from being here the past year and still continue too.
Directly after a heavy defoliation it’s normal for your plants to not drink as much since a lot of the foliage has been removed but in about a week they should continue to drink like they did before your heavy pruning. Very common!
Hope you get your nutrients soon bro… your plants are at the stage where they could use a good PK booster about now. I’ve heard many good things about Bud Candy but I’ve never actually tried it myself. I’ve been using General Hydroponics KoolBloom for a PK booster and Sugaree from Cutting Edge for carbohydrate supplementation and they seem to work pretty good.

No problem brother!
Thats what’s great about AFN… so many people here always willing to help or give advise. I’ve learned so much from being here the past year and still continue too.
Directly after a heavy defoliation it’s normal for your plants to not drink as much since a lot of the foliage has been removed but in about a week they should continue to drink like they did before your heavy pruning. Very common!
Hope you get your nutrients soon bro… your plants are at the stage where they could use a good PK booster about now. I’ve heard many good things about Bud Candy but I’ve never actually tried it myself. I’ve been using General Hydroponics KoolBloom for a PK booster and Sugaree from Cutting Edge for carbohydrate supplementation and they seem to work pretty good.
Yeah bro the hydro shop still ain’t even posted it.. two days now. Right now they need big bud more than ever. I ran out just over a week ago so I’ve had to supplement with higher dose of b-52 because of the kelp and vitamins

Yeah bro the hydro shop still ain’t even posted it.. two days now. Right now they need big bud more than ever. I ran out just over a week ago so I’ve had to supplement with higher dose of b-52 because of the kelp and vitamins
That’s not good bro.
Does your local hydro store carry the whole General Hydroponics line?

My local hydro only sells one litre bottles of nutrients and they cost an arm and a leg. Big bud coco 1L will go for at least £70-80. I can get it much cheaper on the net. I suspect it will be here by Friday. All I can do for now I think is just up my base feed and b-52. If I up the base feed it should carry some more P and K. It’s a nightmare tbh because I will hate on myself. I’m 36 days into Bruce banner and according to “grow with Jane” app it’s week 6 of flower. I’m just hoping it arrived Friday and I can hit them as hard with the big bud as I can, and hope for the best really. I’ve missed out in almost a week worth of the big bud which sucks ass. I had to purchase some overdrive too. I wish my local hydro sold the 250ml bottles but sadly not. I have enough base feed to get me by until they arrive

I wouldn’t wait if you don’t think your nutes will be here quick enough. Just use a different brand.
I realize most people are hesitant about mixing or switching brands during a grow but I do it all the time. I was running Advanced Nutrients A&B for a few grows about 6 months ago and added a bunch of General Hydroponics nutes during the grow without a problem. Advanced Nutrients A&B actually works really well with KoolBloom and Sugaree. Lol!
Now that I think about it all my plants are grown with multiple brands of nutrients all mixed together. :rolleyes1:

My local hydro only sells one litre bottles of nutrients and they cost an arm and a leg. Big bud coco 1L will go for at least £70-80. I can get it much cheaper on the net. I suspect it will be here by Friday. All I can do for now I think is just up my base feed and b-52. If I up the base feed it should carry some more P and K. It’s a nightmare tbh because I will hate on myself. I’m 36 days into Bruce banner and according to “grow with Jane” app it’s week 6 of flower. I’m just hoping it arrived Friday and I can hit them as hard with the big bud as I can, and hope for the best really. I’ve missed out in almost a week worth of the big bud which sucks ass. I had to purchase some overdrive too. I wish my local hydro sold the 250ml bottles but sadly not. I have enough base feed to get me by until they arrive
Sorry bro!
At least you have your base nutes to feed them.

Sorry bro!
At least you have your base nutes to feed them.
I’ve contacted them and the reason they didn’t dispatch is because they said bud candy was out of stock. Sucks. I’ve had them swap it for a bag of coco. Hopefully receive more base feed, big bud and overdrive tomorrow. Prob pop another seed soon in a 12L oot

Back