Are my girls stunted???!!!

smcelite25

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first auto grow, and I'm just looking for any help and advice I can get... Both of these girls popped out of the soil 24 days ago, and based on other people's grows I've seen online, I fear that they may both be stunted... I'm hoping that I'm just being impatient, because they both seem to be growing rapidly, but I'm far from an expert when it comes to autos... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!! (Btw, they are both laid over, so they look shorter than they actually are...)
IMG_20240209_001432609.jpg
IMG_20240209_001400490.jpg
IMG_20240209_001350363.jpg

I agree they seem fine. Looks like they could use some water though. Looks like you're using wicking pots. Best to save bottom watering till the fan leaves touch the edge of the pot. Make sure you use some kind of surfactant though, that soil on top looks like itll be hydrophobic.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, this is my first auto grow, and I'm just looking for any help and advice I can get... Both of these girls popped out of the soil 24 days ago, and based on other people's grows I've seen online, I fear that they may both be stunted... I'm hoping that I'm just being impatient, because they both seem to be growing rapidly, but I'm far from an expert when it comes to autos... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!! (Btw, they are both laid over, so they look shorter than they actually are...)View attachment 1664387View attachment 1664388View attachment 1664389
Tjah, I wish mine looked that healthy.....dont worry, they look fine, very healthy, think of it this way, massive pots, lots of rooting space... and the bigger the root ball the more chance the plant has of surviving any errors you make.

Isn’t someone going to be honest?
I think they look very underdeveloped IMO. I don’t mean anything negative but they could have done a bit better.

What soil and strain are you using?

:pass:

Last edited:
Isn’t someone honing to be honest?
I think they look very underdeveloped IMO. I don’t mean anything negative but they could have done a bit better.

What soil and strain are you using?

:pass:
The base soil is Happy Frog, with Nature's Living Soil's autoflower recipe mixed in, amended with organic worm castings, and Gaia Green 4-4-4, and I've been adding Fish Sh*t to my water. The bigger plant is Fat Bastard, and the smaller one is Florida Sunrise, both indica.

The base soil is Happy Frog, with Nature's Living Soil's autoflower recipe mixed in, amended with organic worm castings, and Gaia Green 4-4-4, and I've been adding Fish Sh*t to my water. The bigger plant is Fat Bastard, and the smaller one is Florida Sunrise, both indica.

Okey, that gives me enough info to draw some conclusions, but not to the fullest to that degree I understand it all.

As it is your first grow it could be it.
However I’ve seen others using Happy Frog and got smaller plants so I wonder if it has something to do with that?

I can’t help you at this point as it’s to many factors that plays a role in growing weed.
I’ve grown some in soil myself, but not with that brand, but it might be that it is too hot for those girls.

Maybe some of the others who have more experience can chime in and tell you what to do. Have you given enough water during seedling, early veg-phase? - as that is a very important stage of autos life.

Last edited:
They don't look too bad, soil looks dry.

I went back and checked a couple of my dirt journals, mine look similar at this age, but I'm a pretty neglectful grower so that might be a bad thing :crying:

Hi everyone, this is my first auto grow, and I'm just looking for any help and advice I can get... Both of these girls popped out of the soil 24 days ago, and based on other people's grows I've seen online, I fear that they may both be stunted... I'm hoping that I'm just being impatient, because they both seem to be growing rapidly, but I'm far from an expert when it comes to autos... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!! (Btw, they are both laid over, so they look shorter than they actually are...)View attachment 1664387View attachment 1664388View attachment 1664389
Yes, they’re small for their age… but at this point, is what it is. They’ll still finish fine… just a fraction of what could have been.

IMO, you probably overdid it with soil… Folks use happy frog by itself…. And top up with nutrients later on when flower starts.

Same thing could be said with natures living….

Also, with organic soil, you don’t want to let it dry out… you’re trying to keep a microbial herd alive in that soil, mind you….

Back