Live Stoners Are Santa Cruz grinder worth the money

Got a large Space Case over 20 years ago and never looked back. There was a vendor that was giving away small 2 piece Space Case grinders a while back without me knowing. Had several purchases of just papers and was surprised to find a grinder in the package too. Kept one gave the rest away. Seemed like a losing deal on the vendor's side.

A friend got a Kannastor a while back. Good grinder until he had the smart idea to clean it in the dishwasher. Thing corroded over and that was that.

Nothing wrong with factory seconds. The polished aluminum is going to get scratched the moment you take it out of the box anyway. Seems like a good deal.

Bottom line, grinding cannabis is a simple thing that doesn't require a NASA designed, or priced, unit to achieve the desired results. I've seen old grinders with missing teeth that still do the job and the results taste the same. If you have the means and want to pay up go for it, otherwise try to not overthink it. I do share your concern about plastic grinders shedding during a grind and would personally look for aluminum, but I also wouldn't turn away someone who wanted to share a bowl with me filled with weed they just ground up in their plastic grinder.
I clean mine with rubbing alcohol. been 4 years thing is beat up but still works as good as day one.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of quality extra-large (~90mm/~3.5") 2 piece grinders. I'm okay continuing to use my Herb Mill XL, but the reason I've stuck with this is because I couldn't find another 2 piece that size, but would love recommendations that match as replacement alternatives for when mine gives up the ghost :pighug:.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of quality extra-large (~90mm/~3.5") 2 piece grinders. I'm okay continuing to use my Herb Mill XL, but the reason I've stuck with this is because I couldn't find another 2 piece that size, but would love recommendations that match as replacement alternatives for when mine gives up the ghost :pighug:.
I have the 4-piece version of this and it maybe overkill on quality.
large-grinder

These are more reasonably priced but never used one myself.
2-piece-grinder

The Space Case has a nylon ring that lets it spin like butter, but that is a pricey upgrade.

I clean mine with rubbing alcohol. been 4 years thing is beat up but still works as good as day one.
Yeah, it was a good grinder before he cleaned it like that. I do like you and use alcohol to clean mine and never had an issue.

I saw this thread the other day and I asked my patient what she uses. I have no idea if it's any good but she likes this one and said it worked great. I know nothing of these so grain of salt and a shot of tequila with the advice. However, it looks like it's only $25. Not too bad for a test.

because of this thread I just ordered a new grinder.. mainly because I though the brand name was just a great rip off and its pretty big.

Bäcker & Lecker​

Large 75 mm, Zinc Alloy Herb Grinder, Set of 4 Pollen Scraper.​

I might add that from the 1970's untill about 5-6 years ago I never used a grinder, just my fingers and thumbs for weed and a lighter to warm up hash/pollen.

Back