Live Stoners Are Santa Cruz grinder worth the money

I've been using this bad boy every day since the mid 90s :pass: :crying: Decent grinder will last you forever
PXL_20231026_221617032.jpg
PXL_20231026_221638307.jpg

Ive had many grinders and spent the money on a nice one. Love it and dont regret it one bit. And there on sale perfectly timed.

Ive had many grinders and spent the money on a nice one. Love it and dont regret it one bit. And there on sale perfectly timed.
The kind of blemish I would have after the first use, drop, toss in the drawer type action. nothing wrong with those.

I've bought a few grinders over the years unfortunately (some were 5-10x the price of others), of varying materials, and I realize now my preference is just for a simple two-piece that is as big as possible without being cumbersome.

The best I've found for this criteria, and the one I reach for on a daily basis, is the plastic ~$10 XL Volcano grinder, which is ~90mm:

I give it a soak in dish-soap water as needed, but this thing sees up to ~1/2 oz a week on average...and the rest of the grinders collect dust 🤷‍♀️.

I have a 1 or 1.5 inch SLX grinder that was $70. It’s nice quality but too small. I bought a Chinese knockoff 3” that I much prefer.
$45 at a head shop here in town. Tsunami Premier.

I have a 1 or 1.5 inch SLX grinder that was $70. It’s nice quality but too small. I bought a Chinese knockoff 3” that I much prefer.
$45 at a head shop here in town. Tsunami Premier.
I got a slx. dont use it anymore. Was good but to small like you said.

Got a large Space Case over 20 years ago and never looked back. There was a vendor that was giving away small 2 piece Space Case grinders a while back without me knowing. Had several purchases of just papers and was surprised to find a grinder in the package too. Kept one gave the rest away. Seemed like a losing deal on the vendor's side.

A friend got a Kannastor a while back. Good grinder until he had the smart idea to clean it in the dishwasher. Thing corroded over and that was that.

Nothing wrong with factory seconds. The polished aluminum is going to get scratched the moment you take it out of the box anyway. Seems like a good deal.

Bottom line, grinding cannabis is a simple thing that doesn't require a NASA designed, or priced, unit to achieve the desired results. I've seen old grinders with missing teeth that still do the job and the results taste the same. If you have the means and want to pay up go for it, otherwise try to not overthink it. I do share your concern about plastic grinders shedding during a grind and would personally look for aluminum, but I also wouldn't turn away someone who wanted to share a bowl with me filled with weed they just ground up in their plastic grinder.

Hi all

Each time I grow and become self sufficient I like to treat myself to something new by spending the money I've saved ditching a dealer.

I now want to treat myself to a new grinder and could do with some recommendations if possible.

I've 3 grinders, 1 just I just bought and its shit and just to small. I've a plastic one but the thought of plastic tips falling in my weed put me off using it and my cheap metal one I've used years is stuck and teeth snapped off

I'm looking at the 4 piece santa cruz but I just dunno if £70 is a bit to much,

What do you use to grinder you weed and any recommendations on the santa cruz?

Tia

Hey,
I think it’s one of those you get what you pay for deals. I vote, yes, it’s worth the money. I’ve had mine for about 11 years now, use it every day, still performs like new, we’ll almost. I’ve had a few other ones, mostly gifted to me and they just don’t seem to work as nicely. It does a better job shredding up the material, doesn’t clog easily, etc..
So go ahead, get one, I don’t think you will regret it.
Peace,

IMG_5268.jpeg

Last edited:
Back