Live Stoners Stepping off the treadmill

Crow River

Ravenous rook by the babbling brook
Reaction score
Maybe shouldn't write this on the shortest day of the year. Could just be S.A.D. talking. Or general tiredness, bit of lurgy, and all that.

Thinking about taking a break from growing for a bit. Still got a few plants indoors. Once they're all grown out I may switch off and pack away for a bit.

Reasoning is about risk versus reward. I've been growing a few years now, and I have a small mountain of weed to get through. Mostly stuff I've grown this year, plus some from last year too. So there's no shortage, probably got enough to last at least a year. If I'm fully stocked, maybe it doesn't make sense to grow even more, at least not for a while. Energy prices going up again in a few days' time, why spend money if there's no need? Similarly, why risk getting caught if I have an ample supply for personal use? Also, past few weeks I've just mot ben enjoying the growing so much. All feels a bit mechanical, going through the motions. Had a couple of setbacks too, but nothing disastrous. Could do with taking stock and figuring out which projects I really want to take on over the next year.

I'm busier at work than I was earlier in the year, and that looks set to continue until at least late spring. So outdoor plans would probably have to be scaled back anyway, as I won't have as much time for all the prep work. I might still do some outdoors stuff over the summer, but on a much smaller scale. Maybe I'll continue with a bit of pollen chucking, but a bit more focused on a few strains.

I'm behind on moving my indoor grow setup out of the living quarters to another location. It might make more sense to spend time trying to get that sorted out, do it right, without rushing or too much pressure. Also I want to take a summer holiday for a change - not had one since 2019! A less ambitious growing year will give me time to explore processing - trying out ways I've not done before.

Things might change, but that's my thoughts for now. A more chilled year, hopefully coming out the other end of it with a clearer idea of what to do in 2025...

Peace.

Back