Cheers bud!:cheers:
I'm loving your thread too, It is great to follow your outdoor/greenhouse grow , through the summer months.:headbang:
I shut my cab down over summer, so I can go and play in the sun and not have to rush back to feed the girls etc.
I also like to avoid summer temps, last year towards the end of the Summer I started a grow, only to be hit with a late summer heatwave, I'm not doing that again!:nono:
Time off is good! Trying to max out grows isa job.

Not so long ago, I needed to know what FLIR could see in regard to my grow space.
As some of you may know my landlord has been trying to find out if his assumptions about me growing were correct, it's a long story so I won't bore you with it but it was an unfortunate set of circumstances, I could have never seen coming.
I have been a fan of Stealth for many years, taking whatever precautions I can to minimise my chances of getting caught from insulating the cab to makeking it silent with DIY silenced fans with zero noise and building COBs with passive heatsinks,no more LEDs with fans . On one forum i was even know as the "Stealth master".
Then recently a surprise maintenance check made me wonder what a FLIR camera could see from another apartment (through the floor)
So I bought a FLIR1 (Forward Looking InfraRed) camera for my phone.
Having this FLIR camera gave me some piece of mind as it answered some questions I had.
I know my landlords electrician has FLIR camera, which is quite common for electricians these days but I knew not what it could show about my flat from other flats above me.
I now know it can't show details of my flat when trying to look through a floor, just an ambient temp of the floor/ceiling.
So I now know that my cab (which is insulated) can not be seen, nor can it show my exhaust air in my flat.
This brought me peace of mind and answered that question I really needed to know.
I would of posted pics before now but I'm not great with recent technology and it has taken a while to get pics of my phone.
I took these pics today.
The camera fills in the visual details (outlines) to better tell what you are looking at but can only do that when in a lit environment ie, there needs to be light, to show these details. Otherwise you just get the heat signature (colours only no details.

There is also a FLIR1 Pro which can show greater detail of thermal signature but it is more expensive.
I paid £270 for my FLIR1 camera and that was really to rich for me but I needed to know what a FLIR camera could see!
First two pics are of my COB, you can easily see the pinned heatsinks.
flir_20190528T142716a.jpg
flir_20190528T142726a.jpg

The pics below are of the girls taken today, I used the various colour palettes available on the FLIR camera to display the various effects.
flir_20190528T142842a.jpg
flir_20190528T142856a.jpg
flir_20190528T142913a.jpg
flir_20190528T142924a.jpg
flir_20190528T142956a.jpg
flir_20190528T143007a.jpg

Not so long ago, I needed to know what FLIR could see in regard to my grow space.
As some of you may know my landlord has been trying to find out if his assumptions about me growing were correct, it's a long story so I won't bore you with it but it was an unfortunate set of circumstances, I could have never seen coming.
I have been a fan of Stealth for many years, taking whatever precautions I can to minimise my chances of getting caught from insulating the cab to makeking it silent with DIY silenced fans with zero noise and building COBs with passive heatsinks,no more LEDs with fans . On one forum i was even know as the "Stealth master".
Then recently a surprise maintenance check made me wonder what a FLIR camera could see from another apartment (through the floor)
So I bought a FLIR1 (Forward Looking InfraRed) camera for my phone.
Having this FLIR camera gave me some piece of mind as it answered some questions I had.
I know my landlords electrician has FLIR camera, which is quite common for electricians these days but I knew not what it could show about my flat from other flats above me.
I now know it can't show details of my flat when trying to look through a floor, just an ambient temp of the floor/ceiling.
So I now know that my cab (which is insulated) can not be seen, nor can it show my exhaust air in my flat.
This brought me peace of mind and answered that question I really needed to know.
I would of posted pics before now but I'm not great with recent technology and it has taken a while to get pics of my phone.
I took these pics today.
The camera fills in the visual details (outlines) to better tell what you are looking at but can only do that when in a lit environment ie, there needs to be light, to show these details. Otherwise you just get the heat signature (colours only no details.

There is also a FLIR1 Pro which can show greater detail of thermal signature but it is more expensive.
I paid £270 for my FLIR1 camera and that was really to rich for me but I needed to know what a FLIR camera could see!
First two pics are of my COB, you can easily see the pinned heatsinks.
View attachment 1064747 View attachment 1064748

The pics below are of the girls taken today, I used the various colour palettes available on the FLIR camera to display the various effects.
View attachment 1064749 View attachment 1064750 View attachment 1064751 View attachment 1064752 View attachment 1064753 View attachment 1064754
arty thats fucking awesome and safety is paramount for us were we

arty thats fucking awesome and safety is paramount for us were we
It certainly put my mind at peace!
The damn thing cost £270 of money i really couldn't afford to spend but on the other hand I couldn't afford not to know, what other might be able to see!
I didn't even get the Pro version which has a great sensitivity!
Just goes to show what we see in the movies is utter nonsense, when FLIR looks through walls and see people moving around.
However hot attics with 600W Hps and no insulation, well they will glow like blackpool illuminations (vegas strip if you in the US).

Another "Schwazzing" time lapse from "Three a Light".
This time it is from above and shows how the plants grow with their defoliation technique, a little more clearly.

Veg growth up to 30 seconds in the time lapse video, just before going in to flower.
Then first defoliation takes place.All Fan leaves apart those at the ends of the branches are defoliated, if they shade lover bud sites. Exterior fan leaves which don't shade any bud sites can be left on.
Plants are in flowering stage and then get second defoliation at 38 seconds in the time lapse, which is the 3rd week of flower,
Rest of the vid is the remainder of flowering period, until crop!

going to try this, about to go into flower... I do quite a heavy leaf strip at around week 3 but not tried one just before flower

@Slater Hey buddy, great to hear you are the adventurous type and good luck with trying it.:headbang:
The schwazzing techniche is done in two parts...! just before flower and the second stage at 3rd week of flower. It is a "high risk/high gain" extreme defoliation technique. I say this just to cover my arse, just in case any new grower go headlong into something they don'r necessarily have the grow skills for.
You my man seem to have what is needed for this, you grow some great plants.
However go check this link to read up a little on the technique:- "Schwazzing" <<<< Link
NB. Please be advised the "Three A Light" get yields of 3lb per light using "1000W double end Gavita LEP lights" in a "CO2 enriched environment" with dialled in nutrient schedules with known strains they have grown several generations of (they are also photo strains!
However "Schwazzing is still a technique with great potential!
Seeing as this is a new technique to the forums try to read as much as you can about it and maybe try it on one plant and possible in a side by side grow to see what difference it makes!
I unfortunately didn't know about this method prior to bloom and mine only got the second stage of the "Schwazzing" technique at week 3 of flower.
Good luck and may big yields come your way:headbang::smoking::d5:

Cheers bro!! Much appreciated.:d5::bighug:
I still learn new stuff all the time and that won't end until I do!
I have a saying "If I haven't learned something new everyday, then that is a wasted day" ( the irony is some days I really like to get wasted but I still learn something new lol)
I still make mistakes and often really silly ones but with experience accrued over the years I can often get it sorted without to much fuss.but still kick myself for being a total Dillon for making the mistake in the first place.
Cannabis owes a lot to mankind, we have aided and sped up its evolution whether it be hemp/cbd varieties or Cannabis for medical and recreational uses.
We also owe a lot to cannabis, we have formed an almost symbiotic relationship with it.
We have it in our hearts and to share the knowledge with friends in priceless. Lets grow the world indeed!!:frog:
sounds a lot like the good old days of Overgrow.... little sentimental tear wiped away

Hello @arty zan ......haven't seen you around....hope all is well dude:smiley1:

Thanks Tom I love Kelp/seaweed feeds! :smoking:
I am currently foliar feeding with Biobizz fish mix and Biotabs Boom boom spray both are seaweed based and the fish mix has added fishy goodness plus molasses.:jointman:
The girls are lapping it up and going bonkers.:biggrin::yoinks::yay:
It hasn't been long since my last pictures were posted but they have put on a march since then! I'll see if I get some pics up tomorrow!:thumbsup:
I also use Maxicrop's - Take Root and Plant Growth Stimulant, which are both seaweed based and do an awesome job.
I used to be 100% organic and then got sent a shed load of mineral nutes to test and I went that way, at some point I may switch back.
I like to use both each has it's merits. so currently main feed is mineral nutes with added organic seaweed amendments.
Cheers for passing it forward bro, that's why I love this forum, everyone chips in and helps!:d5:
Nice for tagging in @Slater I hope he likes the grow but also, any more tips are always greatly appreciated!:thanks:
Want to give my autos a little maxicrop liquid seaweed but unsure how to do it correctly,
im growing in soil on 24/0:light

Back