Indoor Bahia Blackhead Pheno Hunt

Rasterman

Alienated by the War on Drugs
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango Smile
Thanks to @Arkvader13 I'm now the proud steward of some Bahia Blackhead. I'm so grateful and stoked, I put them on to pop as soon as I got home.

I keep calling it "Baha'i" but I don't know if the Baha'i are interested. Also known as "Cabeza De Negro." (Sorry -search terms.)

I already have two seed runs going, and think I'm going to treat this one differently. I've planted a baker's dozen seeds and kept three back for future males. But this is a pheno hunt in one-liter pots. I'll cull any that are less vigorous than the others, along with any males.

Then I'll just see what I get. Hopefully two good females I can smash together and start line-breeding with all females. If I decide at a later point that I have something, I'll pop the remaining seeds and hope for males.

I put the seeds into some really good living soil, in an egg carton. By the time I got to the end I realized that I had put two seeds in one hole. Out of habit (not intention) I had been covering the seeds. So I grabbed another seed to put in the last hole. Baker's dozen.
20230611_182048.jpg

20230611_182149.jpg

Last edited:
I am definitely gonna be along for this one and I'm glad they're getting used and here's to good germination Happy Growing :vibes::vibe:

Liftoff! So far there are only four, but they all made their appearance today. So I should have a germination success percentage before the end of the weekend.

Yeah I know - it ain't pretty but it's exciting!
20230616_145203.jpg

Damn Dude is that all the germinated outta them... sorry I might have a way to get another pack?

Damn Dude is that all the germinated outta them... sorry I might have a way to get another pack?
No, I think more of them are going to sprout. If not, I'll just pop the other three seeds. Hopefully I'll see a couple new sprouts tomorrow.

Okay I forgot you keep 3 back good thinking and as long as you get a couple males and females it's gonna be an epic run and I know that you're absolutely going to do grow up some beauties Happy Growing Big Brother:woody:

I just checked one egg compartment and there's a tail on that seed so I think there are still more to come!

And then there were six!
20230620_141414.jpg

I'm really hoping for more females, but only three would still tell me a lot about this strain so that's what I'm hoping for.

I haven't given up on the other seeds. Hopefully at least two more sprout, but I'll letcha know.

The four seeds I was keeping in reserve just went into a shot glass of coconut milk. In the morning I'll put them in pods and put them on top of the tent. I'll get 100% this time, which should give me about five females to play with and five males to decide what to do with. And if the other seeds sprout, even better!

Back