BC’s first KIS

Nope, nothing earth shattering for sleep, although I can't say that I have tested thoroughly. I think that the 24CxAutoPK has serious promise though.

I am on a couple month break (hard to believe, and not for much longer) at the moment, but will start using it again shortly. The main conclusion I have come to so far is that edibles or oil tincture are the way to go for sleep. Vaping for me runs out of steam in the middle of the night, and hitting the vape again then I find a PITA. At this point, I am going to play with gummies for a bit, but have not got off my backside and made some yet, at least not ones intended for me. I did try a bit of Double Grape a few days back, and it was good. Tasty, bloody strong (I overdid it a tad), and put me down for about four hours. OTOH, I was really tired anyway, so who knows? Figuring this out given all the other variables is not easy.

Having said that, what I think I have learned on my break is that absent weed, I am back to my old sleep patterns which vary a lot, and often leave me awake for hours in the middle of the night, and sometimes keep me from falling asleep initially. Another thing that I think I have observed is that the amount of sleep time that I spend dreaming, often at least slightly unpleasant dreams, is far far higher without weed than with it. It now seems to me that even if I get acceptable cumulative hours of sleep in a no weed night, the majority of it is in dream state, and very little in deep sleep. The result seems to be that I get up still tired even if I get acceptable hours of sleep, and this is combined over time with lots of days when I get less than 4 or 5 hours which is not enough for me.

Anyway, I will soon get back into serious experimentation to see if I can generate some improvements. If I get anywhere, I will let you know.:pighug:

By the way, your grow is looking really pretty. :bighug:
Let’s confer after a bit more…testing.
Still hoping for the grail of sleep meds, especially since I’m almost one month into a forced tolerance break. Sleep is the original reason for MY use. Haven’t slept more than 2hours per night in the last week.
I am in complete agreement regarding capsules as the best vehicle. GDT kicks in quicker and kicks out about an hour earlier.
Fall will begin a new cycle in that vein, with a photo to auto project likely.
A couple more weeks and tents close for summer.

Let’s confer after a bit more…testing.
Still hoping for the grail of sleep meds, especially since I’m almost one month into a forced tolerance break. Sleep is the original reason for MY use. Haven’t slept more than 2hours per night in the last week.
I am in complete agreement regarding capsules as the best vehicle. GDT kicks in quicker and kicks out about an hour earlier.
Fall will begin a new cycle in that vein, with a photo to auto project likely.
A couple more weeks and tents close for summer.
I am not sure what GDT refers to. Been a while since I thought much about this stuff. As for kicking in and out, I am hoping that with the right dose and timing, I might be down for six hours with the right gummy mix of the right strain. One nice thing about edibles and tincture is that within a batch, dosages can be consistent. With flower, each bud can be different so unless you grind up a lot and mix it well, duplicating dosage is hard.

I'll definitely give you a shout after more testing. Good luck wrapping up for the summer, it looks like you have a nice harvest.

Sorry to hear that your sleep is so poor, I am doing better than that, but sometimes not by a lot. Good luck with it.

I am not sure what GDT refers to. Been a while since I thought much about this stuff. As for kicking in and out, I am hoping that with the right dose and timing, I might be down for six hours with the right gummy mix of the right strain. One nice thing about edibles and tincture is that within a batch, dosages can be consistent. With flower, each bud can be different so unless you grind up a lot and mix it well, duplicating dosage is hard.

I'll definitely give you a shout after more testing. Good luck wrapping up for the summer, it looks like you have a nice harvest.

Sorry to hear that your sleep is so poor, I am doing better than that, but sometimes not by a lot. Good luck with it.
It’s Green Dragon Tincture, just an ethanol extraction as opposed to oil. Dosing is also consistent. It’s reduced (read: flammable process) and not taken sublingual.
It was my first and remains my favorite. Tolerance builds for tincture faster than oil, just my experience. A certain needed amount goes into a bit of juice/flavored something. No waiting on the capsule to degrade, faster digestion.
My tolerance became much too high.
Planning only one or two cycles annually going forward. Balance.

I see the headline BC's first Kis. Makes me wonder if that was lips to lips or was it French style kissing?
Just lazy. The first KiS was several years ago. Excellent dry amendments. The grower’s still a work in progress.

It’s Green Dragon Tincture, just an ethanol extraction as opposed to oil. Dosing is also consistent. It’s reduced (read: flammable process) and not taken sublingual.
It was my first and remains my favorite. Tolerance builds for tincture faster than oil, just my experience. A certain needed amount goes into a bit of juice/flavored something. No waiting on the capsule to degrade, faster digestion.
My tolerance became much too high.
Planning only one or two cycles annually going forward. Balance.
Yeah, I figured out GDT at about 0200 this morning. :pighug: I tried alcohol tincture, but sublingually. I hated it, the burn was unpleasant, and so was the taste. I now use oil tincture or gummies, both made with rosin. Since I decarb after pressing, the rosin does not develop the toasty flavour that decarbed flower does. I decarb extra long to push a lot of the THC to CBN which makes for more sleepiness. Starting with rosin makes adjusting dosage easy, and, oddly enough, I enjoy pressing. And as you know, I have enough weed to play with. :biggrin:

I do one grow per year, and other than the odd outdoor mischief (somewhat unlikely, but you never know), that will be it in future. I am just not around home consistently enough in the summer to take care of plants. My window for growing and processing is from about November to March, which fits one grow, harvest, and cure nicely.
... The grower’s still a work in progress.
Aren't we all. :bighug:

Last of the season. Tent closes Saturday for Summer, and the photo/auto cross gets gifted out with 3weeks left to go.
Yay!!
Midnight Rider and BMxSH will be ready by Saturday, or ready enough.
5832F5D4-9134-4163-AE81-95223F2037E3.jpeg
E9A04BBB-78E6-41A0-A536-0BB6650BFB99.jpeg
9A30CB84-D5B9-48C0-9673-D312552A8C87.jpeg
C77E0669-9FF9-447D-B475-370F8F9E7FEA.jpeg

That dark one is very pretty! I do hope you find something for sleep. I've been making lots of gummies for my patient, she struggles with sleep as well. I think you are spot on with edibles lasting longer than the vaping. She has the same anecdotal but true experience.

This strain in particular made some very sleepy gummies. It's a bit leafy so not great for the vaporizer or smoking but if you're just going to infuse and make edibles it's been quite effective. Althought I do have some new seeds from a friend to try out.

That dark one is very pretty! I do hope you find something for sleep. I've been making lots of gummies for my patient, she struggles with sleep as well. I think you are spot on with edibles lasting longer than the vaping. She has the same anecdotal but true experience.

This strain in particular made some very sleepy gummies. It's a bit leafy so not great for the vaporizer or smoking but if you're just going to infuse and make edibles it's been quite effective. Althought I do have some new seeds from a friend to try out.

Thanks for the recommendation @DCLXVI ! I’m thinking long time users get acclimated to certain cultivars and they become less effective. Always good to have multiple choices.
I’ve noticed that afghani/paki landrace origins help most for me.
Twenty20 is certainly consistent with overall potency and quality.
Oil caps are the way to go for length of relief. I’ve yet to try butt rockets…haha, but heard great reviews on efficacy and speed of relief. ( a very vascular ..ahem region) . Your patient is very lucky to have you growing and cooking.

Thanks @St. Tom for the kind words and reps. The two older girls are no-fuss cultivars. Perfect for a lazy stoner.

Back