Best companion plants/ non cannabis plants that can grow alongside cannabis

narmohare

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I am looking for some plants that I can plant in the same pot as my cannabis plants, as well as plants I could plant in place of cannabis. For the first one I have clover chamomile, and yarrow. For the second part, I just planted 5 cannabis seeds with a blumat system for watering. I have decided that if any of the plants do not sprout, I will plant a different fruit or vegetable in that pot. So far I am thinking possibly carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon, or sugar snap peas.

Does anybody have any experience with companion plants in the same pot as your cannabis? What about growing fruits and vegetables in the same tent as your cannabis, what varieties work well?

My green crack auto has a sungold cherry tomato as a roommate. I don't think I'd plant a large plant in the same tent again. I have a 2x2 tent, and although they don't share root space, they do share air space. If you can insure nothing gets shaded out, or has different climate needs it might work. I think I'm going to stick my next batch of kombucha in the tent.

Companion plants are voluntarily introducing nutrient leeching parasitic organisms. We put nutes in the soil to feed cannabis, putting another plant in there steals resources from the soil that the cannabis plant was going to use, and still needs, and is now competing with other roots.
Yeah, nah..dont.
I guess if you were outdoors id sign off on some sort of bug detering companion plants, like lemon grass, maybe, but mostly not allowed in my nursery.

Companion plants are voluntarily introducing nutrient leeching parasitic organisms. We put nutes in the soil to feed cannabis, putting another plant in there steals resources from the soil that the cannabis plant was going to use, and still needs, and is now competing with other roots.
Yeah, nah..dont.
I guess if you were outdoors id sign off on some sort of bug detering companion plants, like lemon grass, maybe, but mostly not allowed in my nursery.

I am only going to be putting small cover crops like clover in the pot with cannabis. If any of my cannabis seeds do not sprout, then I will plant a replacement plant there. In my living soil, the cover crop won't take too many nutes and it will give them all back when I chop it and mulch the top layer with the cover crop. Crops like clover are good cover crops because they help with moisture retention, and work with the mycorrhizae in the soil.

I am only going to be putting small cover crops like clover in the pot with cannabis. If any of my cannabis seeds do not sprout, then I will plant a replacement plant there. In my living soil, the cover crop won't take too many nutes and it will give them all back when I chop it and mulch the top layer with the cover crop. Crops like clover are good cover crops because they help with moisture retention, and work with the mycorrhizae in the soil.
Umm…if you say so.
Good Luck :pass:

I am looking for some plants that I can plant in the same pot as my cannabis plants, as well as plants I could plant in place of cannabis. For the first one I have clover chamomile, and yarrow. For the second part, I just planted 5 cannabis seeds with a blumat system for watering. I have decided that if any of the plants do not sprout, I will plant a different fruit or vegetable in that pot. So far I am thinking possibly carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon, or sugar snap peas.

Does anybody have any experience with companion plants in the same pot as your cannabis? What about growing fruits and vegetables in the same tent as your cannabis, what varieties work well?

Back