Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to do some research on the photontek, atreum, Diablo 650r. I'm going to leave this thread up for a few weeks. See what suggestions pop up. Ive got few to look into for now. Ive never heard of photontek or atreum so I'll start there.

I’ve got some, well, a lot of photos of my Atreum setups in my ongoing thread linked in my signature. Last grow was 2.58g per watt. I love them because the LED bars are 46” wide so they have incredibly even light. Oh, and customer service is fantastic.

But, they recently switched from more DIY setups similar to ChilLED offers. And now they’re going to 100% plug and play units. Mainly due to how popular their little Hydra 1000 is. So, they’re only offering the Hydra 1000 which is for a 2x2, and the 3200 for a 2x4. Their 4x4 is coming along anytime now apparently. You can check out the 2x4 model to get an idea of what the 4x4 will offer on their site.

Anyway, not about my favorites. Photontek and HLG are great too. And offer great support which is a huge factor to me. Good luck!

for sure mate but they are high end but great results
I urge anyone who is looking for light not to go the cheap route. The chilled tech I got was 8 or 9 hundred on sale. It more than paid for itself the first grow. Huge plants with dense sticky nugz. The growcraft goes for 12-1500$ now and would still be worth every penny.

I urge anyone who is looking for light not to go the cheap route. The chilled tech I got was 8 or 9 hundred on sale. It more than paid for itself the first grow. Huge plants with dense sticky nugz. The growcraft goes for 12-1500$ now and would still be worth every penny.
Yup. And domestic support that is responsive. I mean, everyone has a budget. I certainly do. Just need to get the best that you can swing. But your lights are important.

lumatek/photontek are really good lights if you can get your hands on one or HLG i think is where i would look like blue says have a chat with their rep here he is a good guy
I really like what I'm seeing on photontek. I'm looking at the x6 600 watt version. I like that they have the spectrum controller. Which the last I checked chilled tech only offers on their gen 2 lights. And I dont see one for the hlg lights either? With me already having a chilled tech optimized for flower. It would be nice to have the option to optimize one for veg if i stagger my grow.

Yep - I secretly lust over the Photontek lights. Like I said earlier though, we all have our budgets and I had to break out the budget hands to weigh my options and chose the lights that I use. But just reading about you possibly getting one excites me. Probably a little too much. But it excites me. Guess my secret lust isn't so secret now.

I have a HLG Diablo 650r that works great. It's dimmable and I added the UVA30 light for flower. More than enough light for my 5x5, and I could tell the difference right away after I bought it. You could get the Scorpion if height is an issue. Quick shipping and it feels super soild, I have had no issues with it. Plus USA made if I remember right.

Last edited:
Back