FC8000 covers a very large area, 5x5. Samsung 301B chip makes the PPFD of the whole light very uniform, increasing the harvest of 3.0g/w. The dimming function can also meet the needs of different stages. :toke:

FC8000 covers a very large area, 5x5. Samsung 301B chip makes the PPFD of the whole light very uniform, increasing the harvest of 3.0g/w. The dimming function can also meet the needs of different stages. :toke:
That is a nice light for sure I wish I had one...it will be a sec before I can drop another 900$ on a light.but thats a good price. I wish I didn't buy the cheap lights I have....I will be getting one of these....thanks

So I went with the Hlg Diablo 650R. I got it used for 500$ from a good friend. Only used to flower 1 round of photos. Straight out of the box it seems heavy and well built. But im not sure if I see what all the hype is about. I'm staying open minded. But here's my issues. The light itself isn't very big. It claims very good coverage. Up to 6x6 I believe. But im getting hot spots in the center with a heat gun. So I'm curious how even the coverage will be. The other main issue is it seems fragile compared to the chilled tech I have. The Diablo Led boards have very little protection. And theres a green wire exposed on the bottom of the heat sink. I'm happy with my buy at 500. But for the price of a new one 1000-1200 I would go with the bar style light. Just based on build quality and overall design. I'm keeping an open mind though and hope this light rocks the 5x5. It'll be side by side with my growcraft so we'll see.
20220428_200325_HDR.jpg
20220413_201935_HDR.jpg
20220413_201950_HDR.jpg

This PPFD map was surprising. I couldn't think of a reason to design a light with a map that looked like that. What's interesting to me is how different that light is from the Spider Farmer SE 7000 which can get > 900± µmols across the canopy. so there's enough oomph for pretty high light levels even for some using CO2. In contrast, the HLG just cooks whatever's in the center of the light and underfeeds the edges.

This PPFD map was surprising. I couldn't think of a reason to design a light with a map that looked like that. What's interesting to me is how different that light is from the Spider Farmer SE 7000 which can get > 900± µmols across the canopy. so there's enough oomph for pretty high light levels even for some using CO2. In contrast, the HLG just cooks whatever's in the center of the light and underfeeds the edges.
There is a reason why no one uses the QB design anymore, it's the spread, However your comparison is unfair you are quoting the 4x4 chart for SE 7000, you have to scroll down the page to find the 5x5 charts.
I know it's too late but this is new

Last edited:
I couldn’t go back to a QB style light in anything over a 2x2. I think you're going to find that the ChilLED is going to eat that Diablo up when it comes to consistency.

Kind of my thoughts.

I couldn’t go back to a QB style light in anything over a 2x2. I think you're going to find that the ChilLED is going to eat that Diablo up when it comes to consistency.
I think you're right. Hlg is a top name. Why still make quantum boards. It seems you get more for your money with bar style lights. I don't doubt I'll grow great bud under both. But the bar style is just more practical.

There is a reason why no one uses the QB design anymore, it's the spread, However your comparison is unfair you are quoting the 4x4 chart for SE 7000, you have to scroll down the page to find the 5x5 charts.
I know it's too late but this is new

I want one!!!!! I'll have to see how much!!!! It's in euro's

Last edited:
Back