120 day old monster auto wont stop growing!

Smoke em if you got em

I like weed.
Reaction score
I popped two Twenty20 Mendocino Knows candy 120 days ago and harvested one of them about 40 days ago, nice yield and harvest! Her sister keeps going and at nearly 6 ft tall and 120 old days isn't showing signs of letting up. I've raised the lights all the way to the ceiling and there is no more room for another grow until she finishes or I lose patience.

Also she is growing weird like maybe it's a mutant. The structure of growth is different than any plant I've grown out in my almost two years of experience. Every one of the 18 main cola's is growing little branches off of every new branch and all those are growing little branches like a fractal. The main cola keeps getting taller and putting branches out like a xmas tree and has less flowering than the surrounding colas. I've had her on 12/12 in an attempt to encourage her to show her sex which she did but the pre flowering has been slow and I'm not seeing any fattening up at all after a month just more flower sights and branching than I've ever seen on a plant so if it does decide to flower out I think the yield will be epic.

Anyone ever have an infinity branching 6 ft auto like this and do you think mine might still flower up? I'd like to start another grow but I don't want to waste another month or two if this thing isn't going to produce so I'm in a real Cana-ndrum.

Attachments

• 20230803_195007.jpg
    20230803_195007.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
  • 20230803_194913.jpg
    20230803_194913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 20230803_194926.jpg
    20230803_194926.jpg
    879.4 KB · Views: 70
I popped two Twenty20 Mendocino Knows candy 120 days ago and harvested one of them about 40 days ago, nice yield and harvest! Her sister keeps going and at nearly 6 ft tall and 120 old days isn't showing signs of letting up. I've raised the lights all the way to the ceiling and there is no more room for another grow until she finishes or I lose patience.

Also she is growing weird like maybe it's a mutant. The structure of growth is different than any plant I've grown out in my almost two years of experience. Every one of the 18 main cola's is growing little branches off of every new branch and all those are growing little branches like a fractal. The main cola keeps getting taller and putting branches out like a xmas tree and has less flowering than the surrounding colas. I've had her on 12/12 in an attempt to encourage her to show her sex which she did but the pre flowering has been slow and I'm not seeing any fattening up at all after a month just more flower sights and branching than I've ever seen on a plant so if it does decide to flower out I think the yield will be epic.

Anyone ever have an infinity branching 6 ft auto like this and do you think mine might still flower up? I'd like to start another grow but I don't want to waste another month or two if this thing isn't going to produce so I'm in a real Cana-ndrum.

Hmmmm >.<

This one seems to be showing a photoperiod - you did the right thing with the 12 / 12 - the only thing you can do is keep the light schedule on 12/12 and keep feeding it - at that size, you'd think it'll turn into a monster!

Just a quick update - Knows candy auto officially 6ft tall now and taking up the entire bathroom shower that usually grows 4 plants comfortably.. Starting to flower all over the place. I've never had a plant with this many bud sites and main branches much less a plant this size. I'm looking forward to a record harvest!:wiz:

Attachments

• 20230823_212152.jpg
    20230823_212152.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 20230823_212126.jpg
    20230823_212126.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • 20230823_212205.jpg
    20230823_212205.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
147 days and counting..
Stacking up all over. Branches are drooping and will need me to tie them up for support later today. Seems like some kind of deficiency maybe happening but I've never had an auto last 147 days in a three gallon fabric pot so there's bound to be some issues but if I can keep it alive for another month or so I think I'll be okay.

Attachments

• 20230903_030025.jpg
    20230903_030025.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230903_030138.jpg
    20230903_030138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
@Smoke em if you got em . Sorry for the short, poorly explained answer. Photoperiods, especially Landrace sativas can be very sensitive to light cycle. The 11/13 vs. 12/12 has long been debated.
There is conflicting evidence about 11/13 cycle improving flower quality and trichome production , but I know several extremely experienced ( like decades of growing/breeding) that employ it. I am unaware of a downside, unless you have autos sharing the space.

@Smoke em if you got em . Sorry for the short, poorly explained answer. Photoperiods, especially Landrace sativas can be very sensitive to light cycle. The 11/13 vs. 12/12 has long been debated.
There is conflicting evidence about 11/13 cycle improving flower quality and trichome production , but I know several extremely experienced ( like decades of growing/breeding) that employ it. I am unaware of a downside, unless you have autos sharing the space.
Thanks for the explanation BCBudlady! I'm going to go ahead and try the 11/13 and see if I can notice any changes. I'd expect some bulking up to start about now but like you said it couldn't hurt.

I have a new batch of seedlings growing that I've been having to take to an alternate lighting space for 4 hours before moving back to the grow room after 4 hours (now 5 hours⌚) not exactly the best situation but it's temporary. and it beats the heck out of driving over a hundred miles and dropping hundreds of dollars to be able to enjoy some flower so I'm not complaining.:greenthumb:

Thanks for the explanation BCBudlady! I'm going to go ahead and try the 11/13 and see if I can notice any changes. I'd expect some bulking up to start about now but like you said it couldn't hurt.

I have a new batch of seedlings growing that I've been having to take to an alternate lighting space for 4 hours before moving back to the grow room after 4 hours (now 5 hours⌚) not exactly the best situation but it's temporary. and it beats the heck out of driving over a hundred miles and dropping hundreds of dollars to be able to enjoy some flower so I'm not complaining.:greenthumb:
Gotta keep a steady stream of flower going to stay out of dispensaries.
Unfortunately, your plant did not auto as advertised, but that plant has the potential to keep you well supplied for months!
Keep the pictures coming. Will be a learning experience for us all. Looks like 4weeks, at least, to finish.
Once autos reach flower, an 11/13 cycle will not adversely affect their production. It’s the vegetative growth most impacted.

Back